Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 17. (Read 7899 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
December 25, 2017, 03:52:40 AM
The price of the btc is not same it keeps changing . It is not accepted in all the store or local place we visit as most of the people are still not aware about it. There is only limited number of bitcoin ATM.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
December 25, 2017, 03:51:56 AM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??

We all know that if there's this advantages there is also disadvantages. Thus, Bitcoin has disadvantages. Like for example it is not safe. It is not a real value or tangible coin.  It is hackable. You have to take risks. Also, it is volatile.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 25, 2017, 03:51:36 AM
If you lose the wallet which had bitcoins stored in it, you have lost all of your bitcoins in that wallet. You cannot regain it and they are simply lost forever.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
December 25, 2017, 03:44:58 AM
I'm afraid of hacker, they can steal our btc or altcoin

No need to be afraid of anyone, if you take proper precautions. Use email verification using gmail and activate 2FA, if you are using a web wallet. If you are using a hardware wallet, then properly store the backups and the recovery sheet.
Activity: 238
Greentoken-invest in ecology
December 24, 2017, 11:00:54 PM
The main disadvantage of Bitcoin is the risk in investing And buying it. Because there is no registered company of it, no buyer and seller protection and no official website for it.
Activity: 322
December 24, 2017, 10:57:49 PM

The disadvantages of bitcoins are also their advantages that everyone said them being volatile and being decentralized because look at yhe value of bitcoins now they are falling so hard after reaching $20k in the market and that is because the bitcoins are not stable. And them being decentralized means that illegal transactions are freely moving all over the world the crimes the drugs all the illegal things that can be bought on the black market can noe use bitcoins in order for them not to be track by the government.
Activity: 134
December 24, 2017, 10:52:14 PM
Bitcoins have some disadvantage. You cannot use immediately bitcoin in some transactions specially in using physical money. Also it cannot be encash immediately if there a lot of people at the same time encashing it, there will be a congestions in encashing it so you have to wait for days even for weeks to convert it into physical money.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 09:14:45 PM
there are some disadvantages like,
Bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted
No Buyer Protection'
Risk of Unknown Technical Flaws
No Valuation Guarantee
Activity: 590
Merit: 258
December 21, 2017, 03:31:37 AM
I think there is no disadvantage in using in Bitcoin. In fact there are lots of advantages that we should consider and be thankful off.
Bitcoins help every people in the society to secured their future by making their money more valuable in future; it is a great thing that we can secure our future without worrying.
Activity: 168
December 20, 2017, 02:08:47 AM
The disadvantage of bitcoins is it's high transaction fees and its price that's unstable.. That investors may have to fear for their money. Bitcoins is now the biggest and famous crypto currency. But what if it crash its price unexpectedly?? No one knows...
Activity: 700
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 20, 2017, 01:38:38 AM
I think the other disadvantage is that Bitcoin is not so widely accepted by everyone . It’s only accepted by some people. Because they thought Bitcoin is not protected by the Government. And they thought that if they invest their bitcoins they’ll only face scamming. And I believe that was the other reason why people can’t accept it.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 583
December 20, 2017, 12:45:37 AM
The expensive fee and the very long transaction time. If only bitcoin doesn't have a huge potential to make you filthy rich then I doubt that people will still use it or either invest in it.
What are you saying mate bitcoin do have a lot of potential and it is not going to make you lose your money? It will surely give you profit if you will invest in bitcoin on right time, most of the time people use to wait for price to decrease and in waiting they lose chance for high profit and save money.  Now bitcoin transaction is not so high but it has become very fast and not very expensive as well.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
December 19, 2017, 11:20:37 AM
Of course bitcoin also has disadvantages too. For example, the high fees, long time to transact, and also the unstable price.
And the fact that bitcoin can't be used commonly yet, for the countries that haven't legalized bitcoin as payment and start to adopt bitcoin.
But that's all not a really big disadvantages that must make us stop buying and investing bitcoin though.
Right now we are experiencing high transaction fee plus late confirmation. Because of this, I am not able to do BTC transaction. Unstable price is not exactly disadvantaged it is useful for traders. And yes Bitcoin is not legalised in many countries so people can't use it commonly.
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 11:13:32 AM
Bitcoin mining year now the electricity consumption has reached 290 billion kwh. More than 159 countries consume electricity. What is more frightening is that if this growth rate has been maintained in 2020, global electricity will be consumed in 2020.
Activity: 169
December 19, 2017, 11:06:41 AM
Maybe a "someday technology/system interruption" because still bitcoin uses technology that advances everyday. And not all countries recognized this type of currency which will be a disadvantage for some in purchases etc.
Activity: 126
December 19, 2017, 10:54:13 AM

The taxes I would say! But it could also be the coins supply. More coins would've meant a lower price, a better usability for the masses.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
December 19, 2017, 10:53:16 AM
Disadvantage of bitcoin is the slow network and we all know that the slow network is the result of being popular of bitcoin and attracting too much amount of demand to do more transaction in the network of bitcoin that makes the network slower than before and I think that in the next few years, we can see bitcoin that is getting back to normal.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
December 19, 2017, 10:51:38 AM
Of course bitcoin also has disadvantages too. For example, the high fees, long time to transact, and also the unstable price.
And the fact that bitcoin can't be used commonly yet, for the countries that haven't legalized bitcoin as payment and start to adopt bitcoin.
But that's all not a really big disadvantages that must make us stop buying and investing bitcoin though.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
December 19, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

For now I see the only lack of Bitcoin in liquidity of this currency. But telling the truth this is improving with high speed. More banks use Bitcoin, more ATMs, more online-shops. Bitcoin wide spreading more and more with a time.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
December 19, 2017, 07:42:30 AM
For now, Bitcoin not suitable for small value transfer or payment. Since the fees are going high, it not worth it to using Bitcoin as payment for online service such as buying items with value $5/$10 (small amount), because the transaction surely will going stuck in network and will takes many days to confirmed.

I think fees are not the problem since bitcoin is having a continues pump the last couple of days, we can say that the problem lies not on the fee but also on the price. The price is so high this week and I think it is also a disadvantage and not only on transacting bitcoin but also on the people that are wanting to buy some to start their investment on digital currencies.
Pages:
Jump to: