Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 28. (Read 7924 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 105
November 05, 2017, 11:36:51 AM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
There are many disadvantages of bitcoin but i will tell you some of it that i know. First is it consumes too much of your time as well as your effort. In order for you to gain more of it, you need to spend more time and effort to it. Another is sometimes so may lose a large amount of money if you dont know how to monitor your btc.
Activity: 868
Merit: 257
November 05, 2017, 11:32:28 AM
The major disadvantaged of bitcoin is the price and we all know that the price of bitcoin is volatile and anytime the price would change. In addition to that, you can't also used it in offline store or in offline transactions so that I think it is also one of disadvantages of bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
November 05, 2017, 11:28:57 AM
DEFINITELY the slow transaction it takes so many hours before the transaction been confirmed. and also the fee in every transactions got high too because the price of bitcoin is increasing too unlike before it has a low cost fee. Unknown transactions cannot be traced out and also you can have a multiple of btc address.
yes due to many users now, the transactions everywhere  getting bigger everyday thats why the blockchain might be congest sometimes but it doesnt matter as long as we will receive what we have been working out for and how much bitcoin that we are needed to be received.
yes due to numerous people who are now using bitcoin transaction time gets longer and longer, and the fees gets higher and higher everytime. thats one of the disadvatanges of bitcoin nowadays and thats the thing i want to be change so that we will worry less.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
November 05, 2017, 08:03:26 AM
I think there are many disadvantages of bitcoin like hackers that can steal your bitcoin, You invest in bitcoin and the price its not going up and the worst of all the bitcoin price is going down slowly then price is stable in many days, then you sold your bitcoin because of your emotion mostly newbie did this. And were happy when bitcoin price is increase but the transaction fee will increase also.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 07:30:38 AM
bitcoin dont have shape. some country reject bitcoin because bitcoin like a ghost, this is one of many reason.
unstable price and have high risk. you know now bitcoin price up above, and if you wrong at some step you will loss some coin, and it big deal. cant predict for long time. we dont know bitcoin will survive or not. and many other
Activity: 560
November 05, 2017, 07:26:09 AM
There are not many disadvantage. But still there is some issue like transaction fees is too high. Because of its raising price. It is not tengible . bitcoin is not acceptable in everywhere.   

Probably due to the soaring price make the withdrawal fee will be high because bitcoin for now has a very high price.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
November 05, 2017, 07:20:48 AM
There are not many disadvantage. But still there is some issue like transaction fees is too high. Because of its raising price. It is not tengible . bitcoin is not acceptable in everywhere.   
copper member
Merit: 270
November 05, 2017, 07:11:13 AM
DEFINITELY the slow transaction it takes so many hours before the transaction been confirmed. and also the fee in every transactions got high too because the price of bitcoin is increasing too unlike before it has a low cost fee. Unknown transactions cannot be traced out and also you can have a multiple of btc address.
yes due to many users now, the transactions everywhere  getting bigger everyday thats why the blockchain might be congest sometimes but it doesnt matter as long as we will receive what we have been working out for and how much bitcoin that we are needed to be received.
Activity: 378
November 05, 2017, 06:53:55 AM

Its not a disadvantage actually, The price of the product will still stay as fiat value and even the bitcoins value is volatile it will always be higher. There is no slow transaction, Using virtual currency is fast and reliable.
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
November 05, 2017, 06:47:24 AM
Bitcoin is anonymous and criminals can trade illegally in bitcoin, and the government has no control over it. Bitcoin volatility, price instability, will cause a person economic losses. The scarcity of bitcoin has limited the development of bitcoin. Sad
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
November 05, 2017, 06:39:17 AM
Activity: 340
Merit: 13
November 05, 2017, 06:26:23 AM
Bitcoin is a volatile, we can bot predict if the price will be go down or it will be up, also our bitcoin will be reached of those expert hackers if we will not be secure our wallets
Activity: 69
November 05, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
Bitcoins are finite, which makes them extremely volatile and there is still a long way to go before Bitcoin gets to its full potential.
Activity: 266
November 05, 2017, 06:16:20 AM

Well one that i can think of is that it is still not perfectly anonymous. Personally i'd like to see bitcoin evolve into the future into something like XMR with essentially in built coin mixing. This is probably not necessary but rather an add on.

Another thing is that, fees are often high.

Also, blocks are 10 minutes on average in between so that means you're probably not going to be able to get stuff irl instantaneously without the merchant having to trust you.
there are many disadvantages of bitcoin because this coin is only for online not in real life daily use u cant use this for shopping or paying in tye restaurants  but theres more than advantages than disadvntages of a bitcoin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
November 05, 2017, 05:59:09 AM
Bitcoin is not yet legal to most of the countries and it is volatile. These are the problems that I think are its disadvantages, as of this moment. But I think if it will be legal to most of the countries in the future it will also be less volatile. So these disadvantages are not permanent since more countries are making it legal now.
Activity: 296
November 05, 2017, 05:53:06 AM
Perhaps one of the disadvantages is the price of transactions that are volatile,
the price is very dependent on many external factors, making it difficult for someone to invest, high volatility makes it a risk for investors
Merit: 500
November 04, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

It seems to me that the most significant drawbacks of bitcoin are its volatile transaction prices, which are sometimes too great. These are its delays in transactions and the fact that bitcoin does not have any money or gold reserves. He is not supported by anything. Undecided
Activity: 89
November 04, 2017, 09:34:57 AM
Cant be used offline when the modern world pretty much relies on the internet.
Activity: 350
November 04, 2017, 09:34:06 AM
The first disadvantages that comes to my mind are currente fees rate
this is certainly a barrier to mass adoption, and daily uses.
Agreed as bitcoin price go high and so it's fee also , way back 2 years ago I really don't mind the mining fee and I could endlessly send bitcoin to one address to another because the fee is not that big but this time I could literally pay for my electricity for the charges on the mining fee , I think that was the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin as it's price go higher and higher .
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
November 04, 2017, 09:30:09 AM
The first disadvantages that comes to my mind are currente fees rate
this is certainly a barrier to mass adoption, and daily uses.
Pages:
Jump to: