Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 30. (Read 7924 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 03:03:35 AM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
well for me the disadvantage of this to the users is sometimes they forget to do their priorities because they are more focused on the BTC. everyone has their duties and responsibility. in the real world the disadvantage of BTC some people don't believe in online money so they don't believe in btc that it can use to pay for your bills.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 04:00:51 PM
The amount of electricity and power the network requires for mining is unsustainable and bad for the environment.  This is a flaw with all POW systems in general.
Activity: 1232
October 30, 2017, 03:47:41 PM
Time taken for transactions was pretty high, but recently they are confirmed fast enough. Other than it I don't feel any disadvantages which should be quoted. As of now the fees seems to be higher, but when making cross border payment, I find it less expensive than usual methods. But domestic transaction fees sometimes bothers me.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
October 30, 2017, 01:57:31 PM
I do not think bitcoin has been used officially for direct payments, I hate this but it seems like it takes a lot longer to see many outlets, hotels or restaurants accept bitcoin.
Activity: 462
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
October 30, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

The advantages of having a BTC, is that its not hard to earn BTC and you can also invest on it, also you can mostly buy things and that you want in BTC but not all companies still accept bitcoin. There are some rumors but hopefully they will in the future. The disadvantes of bitcoin is that it is actually digital currency, you don't have a physical equivalent of it unlike real money or "cash" and we are not sure if our wallets are really safe to store our BTC. There are still many flaws in BTC but for sure in the future BTC will be the next and the future of currency.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 01:51:15 PM

Bitcoin are illegable for hacking and also you cannot predict what happen next.
Activity: 210
October 30, 2017, 01:48:27 PM

The biggest drawback of bitcoin is the slow transactions at this moment
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
October 30, 2017, 01:30:08 PM

I see only one disadvantage of Bitcoin, the price or its value is unstable. That's the reason why some don't agree it's money or a currency although they knew it's being used as a digital payment system.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
October 30, 2017, 01:06:13 PM
For me the some disadvantages of BTC is, it easy to use by other people to scam, so when btc use to scam many people will afraid to try bitcoin and many people will not follow bitcoin
Do you know of any currency in the whole world that is not or never been used to scam others? In principle, every good invention is susceptible to be abused by never-do-wells, just name it!

... the other disadvantages of bitcoin is the campaign, the campaign in btc was take too long, its about 1month and 3weeks before its end so people who are newbie here is giving up easily.
Everything in life is a process and there is always a starting point - we all started as newbies too. If you can take your eyes off the distance, off the time, off the challenges and instead keep an eye on the goal, then would it happen  to you instead in a fraction of the time. Patience is such a virtue you can't forget to bring in on any of life's endeavor or simply watch life pass-by, without color or shine!

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are here to stay, let your worries be to properly equip and develop yourself to the capacity of having them working for you, the rest of life.
Activity: 364
PlayGame.com
October 30, 2017, 10:52:56 AM
the disadvantage for me is just not all store in the world, online or offline shop can accept bitcoin as the payment, if it accept bitcoin as the payment i believe that bitcoin will rising up to the sky, because all people want to have it because of flexible to use and can use it internationally
Activity: 286
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 10:40:03 AM
high cost and duration of the transaction
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
October 30, 2017, 10:21:46 AM
It really depends on how you look at it. A disadvantage can also be an advantage.

For example. Bitcoin is unstable in its price to the dollar.

It does however always seem to bounce back and go higher - therefore being a huge advantage.
Activity: 392
October 30, 2017, 10:18:32 AM

I'm not sure about this, but I think the disadvantages of Bitcoin are:
1. You still need to pay a fee to trade it to a real cash.
2. Bitcoin's value is not stable. It changes often
3. Investing in Bitcoin is too risky. I heard a lot of Stories that some of them got scammed.
4. You can't use bitcoin in some other countries. I don’t know what are those countries
5. Bitcoin is a digital currency. So, if the Internet is gone, and so is the Bitcoin.
Activity: 518
October 29, 2017, 01:06:16 PM
Actually, there some disadvantages of bitcoin like you can't access it in offline transaction or even in offline store. One of the disadvantages of bitcoin is the unstable price on online market and there are a time that the price of bitcoin goes down and goes up so that I think it is one disadvantages of bitcoin.
Activity: 322
October 29, 2017, 01:03:33 PM
Just type "disadvantages of Bitcoin" on google you will find a lot of article about it Smiley). The main disadvantages of Bitcoin is it can't be used worldwide because of the legalization, Bitcoin can be taken advantage to commit crime such as drug trafficking or tax evasion, Bitcoin can't be used without internet....Beside the secure of Bitcoin seem like a double-edged sword it can keep your identity anonymous but it's also the main reason why Bitcoin is not legalized worldwide.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 29, 2017, 01:02:21 PM

for me this is the some disadvantage of bitcoin No Buyer Protection When goods are bought using Bitcoins, and the seller doesn’t send the promised goods, nothing can be done to reverse the transaction. This problem can be solved using a third party escrow service like ClearCoin, but then, escrow services would assume the role of banks, which would cause Bitcoins to be similar to a more traditional currency.
Activity: 602
October 29, 2017, 01:01:09 PM
The biggest downside of bitcoin is that it depends on the internet. Without internet bitcoin did not exist. Big bitcoin networks are very difficult to manage. Its value is more variable.
Activity: 504
October 29, 2017, 12:56:24 PM

Today, mining bitcoins is never as profitable as mining bitcoins before when it first emerged. You would be investing on miner that uses more electricity than suppossedly bringing you profit. Another disadvantage of bitcoins is its overpriced transaction fee. Regardless of the price you send, whether small or big, the transaction fee is fixed but for small transfers, you'll be ending up paying more than what you're acrually transferring and it sucks out the entirety of your savings if you're just starting.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
October 29, 2017, 12:51:37 PM

While bitcoin is decentralized, governments can make it hard to convert the cryptocurrency into actual goods and services by banning it. They can also impose a hefty tax on it. It is too complicated for the average person at this time. Also, transactions are not reversible, so consumers may feel less safe using it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 29, 2017, 12:49:32 PM
Very long transactions, high price, but bitkoyn is wonderful.
Pages:
Jump to: