Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO? - page 12. (Read 6305 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100
Also join their slack and telegram channels, see how many people have joined and follow the updates.
Also see if they have a working product or prototype.
Look for competitors, their progress and current value
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1019
Idea - If idea is not good don't even start crowdfunding. Idea sell the product.
Innovation - Is it new thing or did somebody else do it before? Innovation is important. Either make a new thing or make better product for current thing.
Team - They must be important people in their area. They need to follow roadmap and don't give promises that they can't make that happen.
Whitepaper and team
Maketcap and distribution
Value of market they're entering

Check out Real ICO..
The crowdfunded real estate market will be worth over 300 billion in a few years according to forbes
Activity: 154
I always check and analyze these three.

1. White paper and road map - truly I'm lazy reading this but of course I wanna know if its have a potential and not scam
2. The team - if its well known or credible when it come to this field.
3. Bounty allocation - how much percent will be able to distribute to the participants and the investors.
Activity: 252
I would check the following

- Is there a product, or at least a whitepaper? Does it make sense to use blockchain or coin?
- Who are the investor and advisor?
- Who is the team and do they have proven track record in the area.
- How big is the market? What's the reaction in slack /social channels
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

All of those are important, the first thing is to look at the white paper, many times the white paper is very short or not detailed enough if they cannot bother to make a decent white paper then, How we can expect that they are going to develop a successful project? Looking at the devs is important but now many icos are just bringing some people to be the image of the ico even if they are not going to be an essential part of the team so you need to be careful with that.
Activity: 250

everything you say, is very much related to choice.
to choose an ico you have to do that research is paramount.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
The ICO is a scam by design..
Until you launch one or buy them for profit.
It's like saying some pyramid schemes are legit..
Activity: 336
“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”
All of your answers makes sense but it is much better if you're going to do your own surveys and studies on your perspective ICO. Always remember to be safe because we're all here to earn and not to be scammed.
Activity: 280
Hi

-do the solve a problem
-Team (references, linkedin,companys)
-Github
Activity: 342
Merit: 108
Bounty Detective
The three things i look for in an ICO is that they can manage all the things that are needed in creating a project . I also look for  the things that they solve the problems that may occur as soon as possible. An ICO requires participants and investors to make the project successful but it depends the way things works. I look for an ICO that can make the best communication to all the users and participants that may ask somethings about their project or their given ANN thread. I look for a successful ICO that not only reach its goal but also push the limits to become the most successful ICO that exist.
Activity: 550
3 things in my mind before choosing an ico:
- the concept offered
- the background of the developers and team
- whitepaper and road map

I always spend a long time to read and understand the whitepaper. Reading the background of his team is a pleasure in my self. everyone who supports the project, and profit sharing that they are offered
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Bull fucking shit.
All you guys "look for" is what is going to give you profit.
..then
You show up here posting idiotic garbage like this.

You all also posted attributes that are easily faked gamed or scammed up hard.
In other words even if you were sincere your comments are fucking stupid.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
1- project & vision: real use case or just technology?
2- team: seniority, advisors. Pre-existing business (ie: OMG)
3- Mcap asked: max $25M
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

This a great approach to put a certain ICO to test whether it is good or not, sound to invest in or not. I particularly look at the first requirement you have. I always appreciate projects that tend to focus on a certain problem and puts forward a proposed solution with brilliant and promising ideas. The third is of equal importance because there are projects with coins but at the end the coins are almost useless for the project to bloom.
Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com

I think the developmental stage is very important. There are too many grand visions with little substance and no proof of concept, even if the team is strong.

Our ICO spins of from long-standing crypto exchange LakeBTC.com. The LakeBanker system has been operating within LakeBTC in Beta for 1.5 years and already generates revenue. Now it's ready for the world. So we feel having a strong proof of concept should be one of the three most important things in an ICO.

Check out our ANN thread if you're interested. Link to our whitepaper is on the front page.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I think when reviewing an ICO, you need to keep an open mind as if you were investing in a company in the stock market...it includes risk. As there aren't quarterly reports telling you how the company is doing, you'll need to make sure the Whitepaper is complete and succinct, the idea has a feasible path to implementation, and a team with background knowledge and experience are running it. 

I mean...You wouldn't trust a guy who's spent his life as a baseball player to represent you in a court of law.  Similarly, I wouldn't trust a team that doesn't have experience in the crypto field.
Activity: 266
1. Max supply cap. If it's limited and below 100M so that's good. But if it's higher than 500M then I will say good bye.
2. Don't care about white paper, it's bull shit
3. HYPE?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
1. Business Model
2. Competitive Advantage
3. Problems and Solutions
Pages:
Jump to: