Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto? - page 2. (Read 22075 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2
January 28, 2019, 11:01:51 AM
There are so many risk involved in crypto currency but the main fact is many people get into it for all the wrong reasons which is mainly they think its a get rich over night scheme, which they so soon seem to find, one of the craziest risk is losing your private key because once you loose you private key everything you have in that personal wallet is gone forever and there is no way of recovering you lost private key and also , investing in a scam project can really be annoying
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 28, 2019, 09:54:13 AM
risks in price. This market is very unstable and by investing a large amount you can lose it and wait a long time for price increases.
long wait in my opinion it's not a problem because I'm sure by investing a lot then we will produce a lot too. loss is only valid for people who are greedy and easy to panic, because prices go down and unstable market conditions are already common here that we must be able to accept.
Activity: 633
Merit: 11
January 28, 2019, 09:46:29 AM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
Lack of Education is most problem of all time because that is 1 of the many reason of risked in this cryptocurrency world. The people always based on the what they heard only not on their own observations.
Activity: 448
Merit: 5
January 28, 2019, 09:42:36 AM
The real risk of cryptocurrency is the downfall of coins specially altcoins and bitcoin. so once it happens not just investors will affects but also bounty hunters and the  icos and projects.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
January 28, 2019, 09:26:39 AM
risks in price. This market is very unstable and by investing a large amount you can lose it and wait a long time for price increases.
Activity: 602
January 28, 2019, 09:10:26 AM
I have to join the earlier words of people who say that the risks here only concern your financial means and, of course, with all the circumstances, in any case, you need to correctly represent what you have and understand and accept the risks.
Activity: 518
January 28, 2019, 09:06:01 AM
If the high prices do not come, no problem. I am a sensible person and why not say, who likes the risks. I know I can wake up one day and I lose all my money invested.
Activity: 387
Merit: 1
January 28, 2019, 08:29:16 AM
All businesses have risks, as well as cryptocurrency. In my view there are some risks in cryptocurrency. First the prices are very volatile, and secondly there is no clear regulation to regulate cryptocurrency.
copper member
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
January 28, 2019, 07:31:51 AM
The most obvious risk is that you can lose your coins. Because crypto is not backed by law, lost coins or lost private keys cannot be returned. So always pay attention to the address before sending a coin.

We can avoid this risk by taking simple precautions. don't share your private keys with anyone. keep them safe just like you keep your fiat. use trezor and paper wallet. don't put all your portfolio in exchanges.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
January 27, 2019, 06:48:06 PM
the risk must be accepted by the investors in my opinion the real risk that is obtained is only a loss of time and of course if we do not get a profit loss of capital we will also feel of course
Merit: 11
January 27, 2019, 06:41:13 PM
The team risk of cryptocurrency in my opinion, is attached more to pur inability to learn and gather good knowledge.
I would have said adequate knowledge, but no knowledge is adequate, except you feel you have known all and you need not to know again.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
January 27, 2019, 02:29:14 PM
Cryptography is a new side of our lives. Most do not even have a complete and clear idea of what it really is. People have heard that here you can earn a lot and quickly and they do not care that you can also lose everything quickly. Not wanting to do a detailed risk analysis is a major risk.
If we analyze all the risks that a cryptocurrency carries for a simple user, yes, then we can surely say that the cryptocurrency will not be used among all of humanity. Cryptocurrency will remain currency in certain areas of human life. Not only risks, but also certain difficulties in the use of cryptocurrencies make it very inaccessible for most people.
Activity: 616
January 27, 2019, 01:08:47 PM
Cryptography is a new side of our lives. Most do not even have a complete and clear idea of what it really is. People have heard that here you can earn a lot and quickly and they do not care that you can also lose everything quickly. Not wanting to do a detailed risk analysis is a major risk.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
January 27, 2019, 12:56:17 PM
In 2017 when everyone was crazy and wanted to buy every cryptocurrency and the price was not important because FOMO effect, we didn't listen expert advices that crypto is a bubble and we can lose a lot of money here. And that is the risk, that we loose money Wink.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 27, 2019, 12:15:05 PM
the tech side looks like a profit and excess. but indeed there are flaws in the user of such understanding was lacking basic mistakes causing and could eventually harm. the real risk that often occurs and also because of the factor of human resources or the individual itself.
Activity: 736
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
January 27, 2019, 12:12:15 PM
Cryptocurrency has various risks.
But one of my major risk and in a way is a good thing is that cryptocurrency is decentralized which means it is not under any regulations

From the fact that the cryptocurrency has no rules. There are more and more fraudsters. That calls to create more rules. So it's hard to say which path is better for cryptocurrency today.
Merit: 14
January 27, 2019, 12:09:10 PM
Cryptocurrency has various risks.
But one of my major risk and in a way is a good thing is that cryptocurrency is decentralized which means it is not under any regulations
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
January 27, 2019, 11:46:44 AM
Every business have it's good and bad side, the positive and the negative, for crypto, the positive is so sweet, it can give you a very huge profit but what i consider as the real risk is the volatility in the crypto market.
Activity: 154
January 27, 2019, 11:24:35 AM
My major risk I am very worried about in cryptocurrency is the rate of scam
Scam has gotten good grounds on cryptocurrency and this has made investors skeptical about cryptocurrency
Activity: 243
January 27, 2019, 11:22:14 AM
It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.
I really liked your comparison. I agree that the cryptocurrency itself is not dangerous, dangerous our not meaningful action. I believe that there are many people who earn on cryptocurrency market and all others have to aspire to it.
Pages:
Jump to: