Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto? - page 7. (Read 22075 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything
January 23, 2019, 06:10:44 AM
The real risks are that the market is very unpredictable and nobody can say what would happen tomorrow. Moreover, the market is very volatile and it can increase the price of any altcoin by 200 percent and decrease it by 500 percent within a night.

Real risks are that exchanges and wallets are being hacked. Fraud is everywhere. Moreover, there's still a bearish trend, and it's a real risk for new investments, including investments in cryptocurrencies!
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 22, 2019, 08:22:08 PM
The bigger risk in cryptocurrency is when the coins get drop too deep, and the coins have no price at all, or the project has discontinued and stopped the project in the middle of the phase. I see it's happening in many coins and the coins suddenly have crashed and cannot survive, and in the end, the coins are getting down to the bottom. But as long as we can buy and hold profitable coins, I am sure we can minimize the risk, and even we can make a lot of profit from the coins we have.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 22, 2019, 06:21:06 PM
One major risk is the risk of getting scammed out of all your money. If you don't take care and be very vigilant, people will dubiously take away all that you've earned. That is why people keep.on warning others to be careful when you enter into cryptocurrencies because the regulation issues are still developing and it'll take time to fully understand the mischievous scammers.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
January 22, 2019, 06:18:14 PM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
Risks are part of cryptocurrency. You can reduce them if you will study this market well and in detail. The deeper your knowledge becomes, the better Analytics you will do before buying coins or investing in ICO.
Activity: 392
January 22, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
Cryptocurrency is not always extremely risk free, as stock market. I know a one person who invested 20 thousands but those coin price 2000 only.
The risks are of course high and who bought bitcoin above 19000 , it is definitely now the majority of people in the red , but I think that if you buy cryptocurrency you should not wait for growth now , wait for it after 2019!
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
January 22, 2019, 03:22:26 PM
I think the main risk in the cryptocurrency market is primarily the risk of losing investments.
Players can invest a lot of money in the coins of interest and in the end, after a long time, get almost nothing.
This may occur due to the high volatility of the market in the making.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
January 22, 2019, 03:13:03 PM
As far as I know, crypto risk is actually a loss caused by a decrease in crypto prices, which we all know that crypto prices are unstable where they can drop sharply anytime and can also rise quickly. Besides that security is also a real crypto risk that is prone to theft, which can be detrimental to crypto owners, which we all also know that there is no security guarantee given to crypto owners in the event of theft.

You are only talking about the risks that the token holder carries. There are a lot of other risks. For example, we saw a lot of examples of cheating blockchains like 51% attack and other different attempts to hack blockchains. In this case, even if the user securely stores his password and buys at the bottom, he is not immune from a technical error of the developers.
Activity: 620
Merit: 250
January 22, 2019, 02:55:57 PM
As far as I know, crypto risk is actually a loss caused by a decrease in crypto prices, which we all know that crypto prices are unstable where they can drop sharply anytime and can also rise quickly. Besides that security is also a real crypto risk that is prone to theft, which can be detrimental to crypto owners, which we all also know that there is no security guarantee given to crypto owners in the event of theft.
Activity: 549
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
January 22, 2019, 02:53:05 PM
I agree with what OP says that the users is the problem and not the technology since crypto was created for a transparent and trust less transaction then the lack of knowledge on how to use it relies on the end users, we need more awareness and proper guidelines on how to use crypto to avoid problems in the future.
Activity: 518
https://saturn.black
January 22, 2019, 02:44:02 PM
actually i still doubt about decentralized system, for example forkdelta all people who need money they will sell their money,even if price is not make sense.
they dont care about the impact, they just take they want.
so where you think is better decentralized or cencralized.
Investors simply pursue one goal - to earn as quickly as possible and more, they do not care at what stage to withdraw funds and how much, they do not care about the consequences of selling coins, there are many such people and their influence is huge on the overall situation
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
January 22, 2019, 01:46:59 PM
actually i still doubt about decentralized system, for example forkdelta all people who need money they will sell their money,even if price is not make sense.
in any case, in my opinion, only those projects that will not need to provide personal data will be in demand. Today, for users of cryptocurrency, it will be the most interesting projects.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
January 22, 2019, 01:27:17 PM
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
January 22, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
the biggest risk is that we lose money. but all that can be minimized if we have analysis and patience. Remember all investments are at risk so it's not just crypto that has risks. I think when viewed from the profile, the risk of crypto investment is quite small.
Activity: 602
January 22, 2019, 12:48:04 PM
Risks are predictable as always. Today, the risk is the loss of cryptocurrency assets and, accordingly, it is the loss of your deposit as a whole. Therefore, it is necessary to understand this.
Activity: 854
January 22, 2019, 12:46:16 PM

Need to sell a crypto now?

It was necessary to sell all 3 months ago, it would be a very profitable and successful solution, since prices then fell very much. Those who foresaw this moment could not only make a profit, but also reduce the risks, as well as increase the number of available tokens.

Activity: 294
Merit: 0
January 22, 2019, 12:45:47 PM
According to me real risk is the volatile aspect of crypto. At that time price of crypto coin is very unpredictable and status is very unstable. At that time market is down and nobody can predict what time market is rise or what time market is down.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
January 22, 2019, 11:43:06 AM
Part of the risks of crypto is "decentralization". Transactions are at owners risk. No body to report to in case of any fraudulent activities. So it is easier for unscrupulous ones to perpetrate evils through crypto e.g. money laundering.  Also one might not be able to sell whole or part of his assets whenever you want to because it might be at a loss because of unstable crypto market.
Activity: 378
January 22, 2019, 10:58:38 AM
The real risks are that the market is very unpredictable and nobody can say what would happen tomorrow. Moreover, the market is very volatile and it can increase the price of any altcoin by 200 percent and decrease it by 500 percent within a night.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
January 22, 2019, 10:55:46 AM
The risk is the volatile aspect of crypto. With addition to that being decentralized is another minor risk. Unregulated system can be access by every one including high criminal persons. The advantage of crypto helps almost everyone to provide their needs and to have much better financial status. Unfortunately, somehow it's advantage is also the disadvantage. Due to volatility you can probably get rich easily or you can be much poorer than before.
Activity: 758
January 22, 2019, 10:44:11 AM
If you buy cryptocurrencies believing that someone will pay more dearly in the future then this is a risk and you need to review some things. If you buy cryptocurrencies to be able to send someone or even buy products, there is no risk at all, for example, almost every day I buy DOGE, I rarely get hurt! Because? Because I send to other exchanges and platforms, so I use cryptocurrencies every day! If you view it as an investment it is a risk, if you face paying for goods and services, this article is evil.
Pages:
Jump to: