Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto? - page 10. (Read 22075 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 104
January 20, 2019, 07:49:00 PM
I also think that  lack of understanding the new technology is a big problem and the security issues which it brings.
Many people jump into crypto without any knowledge and getting disappointed when they are hacked or scammed.
That all could be prevented by some learning and protection.
Activity: 171
Merit: 1
January 20, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
The big risk of crypto is losing our money and being crazy.
So far, I think that some people lose their big amount of money as the capital and they are crazy because of it.
That is why, to avoid this condition, we must be more ready about involved in crypto, crypto is full of risk, but this is also promising. This is addictive. That is why we must be more careful and smarter here.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
January 20, 2019, 07:11:53 PM
In cryptocurrencies there are quite a lot of dangerous moments that are still relevant but perhaps they will be eliminated in the future.  I do not take for example the volatility of the market, the unstable situation with the ICO and a large number of scams in the ICO market and also not taking into account the fairly frequent wallet hacks and less often, but much more significant hacking exchanges.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 20, 2019, 03:23:30 PM
The risk in cryptocurrency and the benefit of cryptocurrency is 50/50, and in this case, we should have to be careful because of too much scam in cryptocurrency these days.
I think that the risks are much more than the possibility of earning. And it's not just a scam or hackers. also not very predictable impact of the news
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
January 20, 2019, 03:04:00 PM
The risk in cryptocurrency and the benefit of cryptocurrency is 50/50, and in this case, we should have to be careful because of too much scam in cryptocurrency these days.
Activity: 490
January 20, 2019, 03:01:19 PM
It is obvious to everyone that the higher the potential earnings, the higher the risk, and in the cryptocurrency you can earn a lot, therefore you can also lose a lot
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
January 20, 2019, 01:46:59 AM
Any field of activity involves certain risks that must be taken into account in their work. If we talk about the crypto market, the main threats are the lack of regulation, the activity of hackers and attempts to manipulate prices by the largest market participants.
Activity: 602
January 13, 2019, 08:47:20 AM
The real risks today are what is called playing blind. Many people just do not understand what they are doing today. After all, today a huge number of people are still trying to use cryptocurrencies as assets for the long term, but they are blinded by greed.
Activity: 625
Merit: 254
https://assetsplit.org/
January 05, 2019, 05:34:58 PM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
there is no risk using crypto money as long as you don't convert all your life saving in to virtual money, must take this world as gambling, nothing is guaranted.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
January 05, 2019, 05:28:25 PM
the biggest risk is that you can lose your investment assets in an instant. because of price fluctuations that are very fast changing and never stable
Well, you do not lose until selling off, we know many examples of great recoverings. But full delistings and hacks are happen often actually
Activity: 182
January 05, 2019, 05:27:34 PM
I think that there are no risks and in the future we will all be able to make sure of this when the cryptocurrency increases very much in price.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
January 05, 2019, 05:26:39 PM
The main factor that poses risk to crypto is the disposition of humans to it. If there is any fall or rise, almost every cause will boil down to humans.
There are even times that people deliberately dump what they have, in order to bring down the price.
Activity: 182
January 05, 2019, 05:16:13 PM
I think that everything depends on us and we can easily level the risks with cryptocurrency
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
January 05, 2019, 05:14:38 PM
100% can lose our money and it is real. here or at cryptocurrency there is a huge risk and of course you have to be careful if you want to invest here, make sure you understand this
Activity: 86
January 05, 2019, 05:04:46 PM
Let's look at BTC
You have such risks:
You can lose your local wallet (that's the most likely risk Wink) so you will loose access to your Bitcoins forever
You store your Bitcoins on a central portal, similar to a bank account and this account gets robbed and again you lose all your Bitcoins
Bitcoin loses market cap and trust and the value of Bitcoin is decreasing again.
Activity: 686
January 02, 2019, 06:07:46 PM
in my opinion the real risk in Crypto is the easy price to go down. for example, last year the price of crypto was far below the previous year so there were many people who issued larger ones including me.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
January 02, 2019, 05:53:41 PM
In fact, most of the problems and most of the risks that a user bears in this market are not related to problems in the projects themselves, but to the fact that investors have an extremely low level of preparation and often invest their money in scam projects. This is precisely the reason why most of these investors have lost their money.
Activity: 258
Co-founder Love Air Promise
January 02, 2019, 05:27:02 PM
I seem not to have fished out some problems being faced by investors but one peculiar thing I have noticed is its acceptance in countries and the issue of scam. Be wise when dealing with cryptocurrencies because you can either lose or gain depending on how you plan.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 02, 2019, 05:19:02 PM
I think the risks of crypto are pretty easily identified.

1. Investing in a company of tech savvy people with little or no business experience.
2. Investing in a fake ICO project with an exit scam at the end of it.
3. Downturn in the major coins such as Bitcoin and Ethereum having a knock on effect on smaller alts.
If the risks of this market were so easily identified no one will lose money, the points you enumerate are true but there are many more risks in this market, you left out hackers out of the equation and we know they are a significant risk in this market because as we know cryptocurrencies are digital assets that once lost cannot be recovered and hackers are attracted by them precisely because of those qualities.
Activity: 392
Merit: 14
January 01, 2019, 11:18:38 AM
The article makes sense. The true value of cryptocurrency is reflected in how many users are using it and paying attention to it, and let it continue to add value. If no user pays attention to and uses this altcoin, it will eventually return to zero.
Most altcoins will continue to drop and will end up with a value of 0, which is very likely, and I am not surprised. The only crypto I support now is Bitcoin. In fact, I am already desperate about the market of crypto. This is really desperate. I intend to dump all my altcoins and replace them all with Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: