Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your biggest concerns regarding Cryptocurrencies? - page 3. (Read 1204 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 101
I want to write an article about this and I've been asking around.

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over
* Scalability and governance

How about you guys?

a very good plan man. I really support you to make an article about it because it will be very helpful for investors and also the bounty hunter. spirit and I wait for your article.
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
My biggest concern right now is Bitfinex, you are probably why ? because Bitfinex is behind the Tether coin, and they keep printing it like it's nothing. As you know Bitfinex got hacked a long time ago, so I will not trust them on tether, I dont think they have 1.2 Billion of real USD dollars to back them up
Activity: 276
Merit: 23

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

- 1st is lack of accountability by some (not all) ICO promoters. They just play with the investors money in ways that would get them to jail in any other situation.
- 2nd is cybersecurity. Everyday we wake up to know that an exchange or a service has been hacked.
- 3rd one is market manipulation. Pump and dumps and organised manipulation.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
Decentralization and just like you im concerned if the government takes over or get involved in the crypto market.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
Days like today are my biggest concerns, I work blockfolio like a crazy man until it spits out a number I feel hope in  Sad
Activity: 546
Merit: 120
kolo my greatest concern is what if we are tired of collecting coins with difficulty, but when we want to exchange our coins with the rupiah coin that we collect can not be rupiahkan that's the thing I'm most concerned, aka zonk
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
With the big benefits comes the big concerns. The money flow in the crypto is too great and that takes attention of governments because they are too greedy and they don't want the idea of money flow without their control. Another thing is the trust issue. Most of the transactions are being made anonymously and that's a big concern for me sometimes but this is in the nature of this business so i learned to live with it.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
My biggest concern is that someday the government might shutdown our local exchangers here just like what china did to it.
Shutting it down would mean that we will have a hard time to withdraw our bitcoin locally and we might use another 3rd party which might cost more.
Do  not worry, even if your local government did that we are getting to a point in which bitcoin is going to be accepted in more places,  depending on where you live this is a process that is already underway or that may need more time, but I think that it may take 10 years before we are going to get to the point where all the countries of the world become like Japan.

Yeah, not to worry. For years the government here also tries to force local exchangers to shut down, but then now we all find that they have moved to Yahoo IM, or now Whatsapp and Telegram, just putting up advertisements on P2P boards to get contact.

We are far behind Japan and US, but by the time we get to that stage, Bitcoin and crypto will be seen as mainstream and really, people in governments will not have a choice but to go with the flow. Governments will never give themselves a bad name with citizens so do not worry about losing your funds to them.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Pumps are a big annoyance. But BTC pumping too fast is the only one that actually makes me worry. A big BTC pump and dump could set us back months, no, years while everything is tied to BTC.

The market really needs to stop doing so much trading in BTC, need to spread the risk more. We need more pairs on exchanges, and more entry points.

This is also what worries me. In the last month or two bitcoin and as a result altcoins have got a lot of attention. But if the correction end up being going from 20k to under 10k a lot of new guys with weak hands will get burnt and media will turn again setting this into a long bear cycle.

We need definitely need a way to pair to other major currencies. Should not need to buy bitcoin to buy alts.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

I think the problems within the Crypto space boil down to pure greed. Greed, especially on the part of poorly skilled developers, that do little more than repackage someone else's code and pass it off as innovation. Or the ICO built around little more than a furtive idea pumped by a celebrity.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
My biggest concern is that someday the government might shutdown our local exchangers here just like what china did to it.
Shutting it down would mean that we will have a hard time to withdraw our bitcoin locally and we might use another 3rd party which might cost more.
Do  not worry, even if your local government did that we are getting to a point in which bitcoin is going to be accepted in more places,  depending on where you live this is a process that is already underway or that may need more time, but I think that it may take 10 years before we are going to get to the point where all the countries of the world become like Japan.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Pumps are a big annoyance. But BTC pumping too fast is the only one that actually makes me worry. A big BTC pump and dump could set us back months, no, years while everything is tied to BTC.

The market really needs to stop doing so much trading in BTC, need to spread the risk more. We need more pairs on exchanges, and more entry points.

Agree 200%

THe BTC progression is what worries me the most. When even your grandma is buying BTC, that's when you have to start to worry.

Until 2017, the grow was perfect and organic, enough to make good profit. Now the bubble is in danger to explode.

I started a thread on this very subject and got a very interesting response from a book written 80 years ago

"I'd like to present the works on major bull trends by H.M Gartley who wrote Profits in the Stock Market (1935).

How to recognise a bull market ending.

1. The daily volume has risen to an all time high.
2. Wide daily fluctuations are a regular occurrence.
3. Nearly everyone you meet appears to be in some way interested in the market.
4. Most financial news writers and financial commentators can see no reasons for any important decline.

"The thought of a bear market being around the corner is not seriously considered".

"A bear who presents what appear to be sound and logical reasons why a collapse is imminent, is considered to be either an out-and-out dyspeptic, or at least a very unpatriotic citizen."

"He can count on being very unpopular".

"Each bull market breeds a crop of traders who fail to recognise the unmistakable signs of a storm."

It seems very familiar, just replace "unpatriotic" with "FUD spreading", I hope btc cools off and goes back to steadily climbing.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

Agree 200%

THe BTC progression is what worries me the most. When even your grandma is buying BTC, that's when you have to start to worry.

Until 2017, the grow was perfect and organic, enough to make good profit. Now the bubble is in danger to explode.

theres nothing wrong with these pump and dump scheme because cryptocurrencies meant that way. people will always do trade them because they want more profit and you cant really do about it. you should better stick to it because that is part of the game. anyways the biggest concern for me regarding in crypto is that the fee is too much high and expensive in bitcoin. it cost me much everytime i send a bitcoin to someone else and i think these is the real problem that everyone should worry about though i know that there were some better alternatives to bitcoin which doesnt cost much fee when sending like dogecoin and litecoin but im not really interested too them since start. im only a bitcoin enthusiast ever since the day i discovered bitcoin.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Fraud and scammers are a very general concern in any industry, any tech, especially over the Internet. Relevant to crypto yes, but not unique to crypto. Governments taking over also is relevant but not a real concern, to me. It is impossible for governments to take over Crypto, even if they tried very hard.

So of all the concerns listed, scalability and governance are always going to be concerns, but rightfully and naturally so. If you do not have scaling problems, then your coin is not successful. Nice problem to have is it no?
Activity: 177

Agree 200%

Activity: 196

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I don't think so that Governments can stop the cryptocurrency my biggest concern is the liquidity of the market of cryptocurrency and think so that this is a bullish market where whales can make significant profits and they can control the market easily
Activity: 453
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
Biggest concern in the world is probably legality. Crypto is legal in some countries but its not legal in some others. When you are travelling you will find it very weird as you can be arrested for no reason.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
One of the cryptocurrency concerns in digital currencies is the lack of legal support with the multitude of digital currencies without sufficient information about their owners

Couple of the major problems which I feel at present is : -

- Legal standing in our country is still unclear. It can either get regulated or banned in coming time. But not sure how much time it will be taking.
- Another thing is that the price has reaching near 12k. Fear is that if something negative news spread than the fall would be immense and time to recover just in such cases may be very long.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm
I think the below article will give you better understanding about the concerns

https://news.bitcoin.com/fca-issues-warning-regarding-cryptocurrency-cfds/

Pages:
Jump to: