Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you hate about Bitcoin ? - page 5. (Read 10804 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2016, 05:38:55 AM
Although I am yet to buy anything with BTC in person, I dislike that I'll need to hang around waiting for confirmations. I'm not sure I want to take an extra 10-30 minutes each morning when buying my coffee just so the barista can make sure that my payment clears.

If you want to get rid of delay in confirmation time then you can add some extra fees in it which will help you in getting your transaction confirm in 10 to 15 minutes.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 11, 2016, 05:35:51 AM
Although I am yet to buy anything with BTC in person, I dislike that I'll need to hang around waiting for confirmations. I'm not sure I want to take an extra 10-30 minutes each morning when buying my coffee just so the barista can make sure that my payment clears.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 11, 2016, 03:44:49 AM
The lack of anonymity is slightly irritating.
Mining is beyond hope for anyone who doesn't own a warehouse full of ASICs and the transaction time is too long in my opinion.
If all coins had started at the same time, bitcoin would barely be in the top10.
Activity: 952
September 11, 2016, 03:32:45 AM
I dont hate bitcoin but i hate how people use bitcoin until it grt bad reputation, a lot of people using the anonymity feature that supposed to be use for good things turn it into bad things, like scamming other people using bitcoin so they cant be caught, buying illegal things like drugs or any thing

Well that's true but in that case we can't help as we cannot control them or guide them not to use it for bad things, but unless we are not using it for illegal things then its well and good.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
September 11, 2016, 03:29:07 AM
I dont hate bitcoin but i hate how people use bitcoin until it grt bad reputation, a lot of people using the anonymity feature that supposed to be use for good things turn it into bad things, like scamming other people using bitcoin so they cant be caught, buying illegal things like drugs or any thing
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
September 10, 2016, 08:49:11 PM
I dont hate nothing at bitcoin i just believe the transaction confirmation could be fast confirmed, besides that bitcoin has amazing system and i cant complaint about anything related to it besides the time it can take to confirm transactions, if it were almost instant as the moment we send, we would be bigger.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
September 10, 2016, 07:48:36 PM
I think no one hate bitcoin as there are two types of people. One type are those who know bitcoin so there is no way that they will hate bitcoin as they know about the benefits of bitcoin and are getting these benefits while the other type are those who do not know about bitcoin. so if a person do not know any thing then why will he talk about that.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
September 10, 2016, 07:34:13 PM

i hate the fees from the wallets, one time i sented some bitcoins and it took me 13% fees , that huge

if you hate to pay fee of each transaction, i recomended you to using xapo or coinbase wallet.
i think both of them still trusted wallet although we can't acces to privekey.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
September 10, 2016, 07:31:30 PM
The part thing that i hate in bitcoin is slow withdrawal in the banks unlike that if there is already a BTC aTM bear to my place i can instantly withdraw my bitcoins but it takes long journey before i can go to find the BTC ATM here in my country.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 10, 2016, 07:28:04 PM
Bitcoin needs shorter block times. I can't count how often I paid with btc and had to wait up to an hour until the payment was processed. If I use PayPal I can have instant payment. Big problem for a currency.
Lol so just because you hate it bitcoin? I think it is a common problem for users bitcoin tekadang yeah I was annoyed to wait a long time to get confirmation. but I always believe that this issue will definitely be resolved in the future
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
September 10, 2016, 06:53:35 PM
Bitcoin needs shorter block times. I can't count how often I paid with btc and had to wait up to an hour until the payment was processed. If I use PayPal I can have instant payment. Big problem for a currency.
It rarely happens that you have to wait an hour for blocks the be found and thus get your transaction included in that block.

You have to look at the transaction size and add an appropriate fee to make pools include your transaction so it gets a quick confirmation. If you don't do that, then pools will ignore your transactions.

Some times certain transactions need several confirmations in order to be accepted by BitPay or other payment services. That's also something to consider.
Yeah that is true. I normally use quite high fees as I am fine with paying an extra couple of cents to get faster transaction times.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
September 10, 2016, 06:27:37 PM
I'm not here to advertise any alternative coins , no worries .
Bitcoin is not perfect (nothing is if you ask me) , so I would like to ask users what are the things that you hate ? or simply don't like in Bitcoin and would like to see them changing (If possible of course) ?

I myself don't like the fact that we can't get at least an estimated number of the how much Bitcoin user there is out there or know how Bitcoin is growing .

Transactions shouldn't be taken seriously because there is a lot of services that use bots to make those transactions (sig campaigns , gambling websites , faucets , and exchange services).

Number of wallets in online services such Blockchain.info shouldn't be taken seriously as-well since making several accounts is possible.

i hate the fees from the wallets, one time i sented some bitcoins and it took me 13% fees , that huge
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
September 10, 2016, 05:49:03 PM
The top 7 things I hate about Bitcoin currently:

1.) Hijacked development

2.) Mining centralization

3.) Clueless userbase

4.) Capacity is artificially limited at a fraction of what the infrastructure could already handle (which causes delays and a premature fee pressure)

5.) The forums which have the most traffic are controlled by the same sphere of influence (yet another point of centralization and apparently these weaknesses are being actively exploited)

6.) As it stands, the inherent transparency of the Bitcoin blockchain has the potential to severely hurt the prospects of this experiment on the long term

7.) The community has been overrun with idiots who don't care about anything but the price and potential profits.
legendary
Activity: 1204
September 10, 2016, 05:33:47 PM

Then you were unlucky, checking the last 6 blocks now we can see that the average is 6 minutes (6 blocks in 35min).
It's true that sometimes it can be up to 1 hour but even longer when the transaction fee are below the minimum.

See my reply above. Smiley

In the last hour, 6 confirmations took only 28 minutes, so it really depends how lucky you are.
What I hate about bitcoin is the stress test, the fees (which changes in different situations) and that we can't buy on stores we shops most.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
September 10, 2016, 05:33:14 PM
I have nothing to hate about bitcoin, it's very good currency, young and promising, and i believe that in future we will see bitcoin popular worldwide.

Right, and because of that fact we stay with bitcoin and we can say that the price of bitcoin will increase much higher.
There is no one who know bitcoin and do hate it, every user of bitcoin love it and want to invest more and more in bitcoin in order to earn bigger profit from bitcoin in the coming future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 10, 2016, 05:29:33 PM

Then you were unlucky, checking the last 6 blocks now we can see that the average is 6 minutes (6 blocks in 35min).
It's true that sometimes it can be up to 1 hour but even longer when the transaction fee are below the minimum.

See my reply above. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
September 10, 2016, 05:16:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 10, 2016, 04:59:13 PM
What do I hate about Bitcoin? No Bitcoin cash in hand.    Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 10, 2016, 04:58:24 PM
It rarely happens that you have to wait an hour for blocks the be found and thus get your transaction included in that block.

You have to look at the transaction size and add an appropriate fee to make pools include your transaction so it gets a quick confirmation. If you don't do that, then pools will ignore your transactions.

Some times certain transactions need several confirmations in order to be accepted by BitPay or other payment services. That's also something to consider.

I'm not talking about the time it takes to include my transaction in a block. Most payment gateways want six confirmations just to be extra safe and here we're talking about an hour minimum..
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
September 10, 2016, 04:30:29 PM
I have nothing to hate about bitcoin, it's very good currency, young and promising, and i believe that in future we will see bitcoin popular worldwide.
Pages:
Jump to: