Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about airdrop that required apps install? - page 3. (Read 720 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 11
It is very dangerous, your phone can steal your data and infect it with a virus. I would not recommend to perform such airdrop. It is probably a Scam.
Activity: 50
Merit: 3
The application store (Google play / AppStore) checks the programs for the presence of the marquee codes. It's quite normal that developers ask to install the application on their device, it raises statistics for them

I wouldnt. I know people who did and sometime later, their MEW gets hacked. I dont know if it's related, however, but it is a weird it happened shortly after 
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
I don't recommend downloading apps that don't have trustable authors. Bounty tokens doesn't worth being hacked.

I am also cautious when it comes to downloading some apps to receive some tokens. I have seen a lot of times that some people would download apps and later on being hacked. I only choose those airdrops that only require an ethereum address because at least I don't need to download anything. I only choose the airdrops that I join though because there are times when the team is scam and just want to have any information like e-mail address to sell it to other people that needs the addresses.
Everything should be cautious on that they are randomly downloading online because once you do make a careless move then it would surely cost you money because you do lose funds either would be hacked or having downloading a malware or keylogger.
Sometimes when there are aidrops that do required app installation i do usually skip and move into other airdrop.I dont bother myself to claim those tokens no matter how many it would be.
Activity: 358
Merit: 29
ASO Service
The application store (Google play / AppStore) checks the programs for the presence of the marquee codes. It's quite normal that developers ask to install the application on their device, it raises statistics for them
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
I don't recommend downloading apps that don't have trustable authors. Bounty tokens doesn't worth being hacked.

I am also cautious when it comes to downloading some apps to receive some tokens. I have seen a lot of times that some people would download apps and later on being hacked. I only choose those airdrops that only require an ethereum address because at least I don't need to download anything. I only choose the airdrops that I join though because there are times when the team is scam and just want to have any information like e-mail address to sell it to other people that needs the addresses.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

Now a days airdrops are not trusted enough to ads and apps. Dont dare to appreciate those request it will hit you up at rhe end. Most of rhe airdrops are not legits it will brings you viruses to your gadgets from there apps. Read and research everything before youn decide. Goodluck to you.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Activity: 112
Always similar requests cause concerns to me. In one airdrop asked to give them passport details with a photo. I didn't begin to do it. Say that the companies which request information maximum always pay. Whether so it?
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Some are good but some are really terrible. IMO, I don't like airdrop especially airdrop require installing moblie app like this. Of course I don't know if it's a safe app to download or not cause it can contain viruses so I can lose all my important documents in my phone. Beside if it's a safe app to download so I think it's a good way to eliminate airdrop cheaters Smiley.
Activity: 1463
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

i don't have interest such project because most of the project that requires App's are not good. although some airdrops are also good but those good once can not give you reasonable and exchangeable token.
In some part you are right that most of those coins are not that valuable and sometimes we are just getting tokens that haven't got any value or could not be sell but we need to remember that not every air has the same and sometimes it is not a bad idea to just risk some time to gain some nice tokens.
Activity: 639
Merit: 251

Is it too risky?
It just depends, we need to remember that not all of aps or anything, that "teams" which are looking after coins/ tokens, are scams, sometimes we need to risk something to gain anything, that is how our market is working.
Activity: 142

Is it too risky?

i don't have interest such project because most of the project that requires App's are not good. although some airdrops are also good but those good once can not give you reasonable and exchangeable token.
Activity: 153
Merit: 1
I really am not fond of installing any apps (whatever they are, wallet or else) for any airdrops.
First reason is security, already explained here by other fellow members,
Second reason, and as I faced it, installing any wallet, receiving any token, annnnd, ended up with a wallet with some coins in it and impossible to withdraw them because of insufficient funds of the main wallet currency.
For those reasons, I avoid airdrops that ask to install anything.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
This is why I'm sick of joining airdrops especially when they are requiring such thing like installing an app or sending them an exact amount for you to be eligible of their airdrop.

I won't download an app that can be a reason for my funds to be gone or someone can penetrate to my computer.

It's better to safe rather than regret and lost a lot of things and important files just for these airdrops.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
It is all right. For me, I would not mind to download and install an app if I can use it or if I want to use it. Of course, it has to verified by Google Play or Apple Store, and then it must not seek to use all my personal information. If that is all the app requires, why not? Companies are free to offer free tokens for small actions that also increase adoption of their technology. That is not exactly an airdrop, although yes?
Activity: 159

Is it too risky?

installing app's are other new methods of hacking someone.. moreover the will have full access to your phone true that app. anything you install on your phone or saving in your phone will be automatically be remote by them so i suggest you don't download such app to avoid loose of BVN, ATM pin etc...

thank you run for your dear life.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Basically I do not participate in any airdrops. It's better to focus on the bounties and earn a little more. And sometimes much more  Cheesy
Activity: 88
I participated in 20 such airdrops and I will say that there are no risks!
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332

Is it too risky?

For me, if airdrop does not go in line with the way that is already known or makes it simple but rather starts introducing new and difficult parts to it, I just drop the idea. After the whole thing, it might not be a guarantee the coin will do well.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

Is it too risky?

As for my findings and opinion in this situation maybe a way to hack or a legit one or to 2 many reasons. Why?
Maybe this are...
1. The ICO of your airdrop created an app so the increase of number of downloaders will get the numbers up.
2. So therefore this app of the ICO will be endorce as one of the highest downloders in the app so people other not from airdrop participants may try it. For the reason they saw this app many downloaded it.

LASTLY YES

3. It can be a possible way to hack and may direct you in a phishing site.
Pages:
Jump to: