Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about airdrop that required apps install? - page 4. (Read 720 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
I joined one of them is Nuo app, install and share to get nuocoin. But then, it does not have much value to me. It seems they developed and ran this airdrop campaign under the purpose of testing their product and beta.
Activity: 230
Merit: 3
I think it is very common because the purpose of an airdrop project is to promote the project, so it will increase the number of communities. Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
U understand the reasons for asking u to install software, aight? I dont participate in that kinda projects, fortunately or not.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Should not participate in such Airdrop. Maybe your computer will be hacked and your tokens will be hacked. Just join the airdrop to request social networking sites and provide wallet address. Do not download anything about your personal computer
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
99% of apps that tell you to give mining and tokens first in the app store are not fake if you do not give specific information about the application you downloaded and fake, but you can not get results. your use will be just a waste of time. I do not recommend using it. Try it and see the result.
Activity: 90
Before installing the application, you need to make sure of the transparency and professionalism of the project, this can be done with the help of information resources. On such platforms, experts disassemble the projects into components and make their assessment to the project, this is  rating that can help you decide whether to use  application on a smartphone from this project or not
Activity: 182
I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

I agree that there are a lot of scam apps out there offering airdrops with the intent of stealing user information.  But I still think there are also legitimate projects that offer app downloads for airdrops as it may be a boost for the project in their drive towards mass adoption.
Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
Well, I remember AIX airdrop, they also wanted  participant to install application and airdrop worth like 500$ on a pick point. But in general I am against installs because it is possible to crypt stiller inside application and your data can be leaked. Think twice prior to download something
Activity: 156
Of course it is very risky, I have long joined Airdrop but if there is airdrop that told me to download an application then I will not continue,
Activity: 121
Merit: 16
if according to install me the airdrop application may be shorter or faster
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Don't install the apps/executables if you don't trust the publisher/source. It's not worth the airdrop token if your system is hacked or damaged.

It's a 50/50 chance that what they have downloaded have been injected by malware and can only get activated if they run it. It can also be the infamous bitcoin ransomware. Be very vigilant as always guys.
Activity: 280
Don't install the apps/executables if you don't trust the publisher/source. It's not worth the airdrop token if your system is hacked or damaged.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?
If that airdrop is worthy enough i might consider installing any apps but using only a different phone or emulator as what blackmagical said. But if that apps ask you something after you installed it before you will get your airdrop i think you know what it is. Be curious all the time and think wisely, in times like these only few are real left.
Activity: 196

Is it too risky?
There are lots of airdrops that do not require any app downloading. It's risky to download from unknown publisher, so let's participate more safer airdrops imo.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
If the application is suspicious, I do not do it.
lots of viruses and malware coming in from such apps.
the biggest problem computer data will be threatened, may be lost and stolen.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
I do not know about exactly this one app but think about your trust to this airdrop, but sometimes it is okey to use them and I unfortunatelly do not know how to know which one is okey
Activity: 146
Oчeнь oпacнo, oчeнь pиcкoвaннo, чтoбы зaпycтить пpилoжeния!!B тaкoм пpилoжeнии мoгyт быть виpycы или пpoгpaммы, кpaдyщиe личнyю инфopмaцию.я,бы нe cтaл pиcкoвaть тaк
Activity: 51
Yesn't you shouldn't install some weird and suspicious apps on your mobile. If you have a spare phone, sure you can install and test it
Activity: 95
Merit: 3

Is it too risky?

I almost always pass by such Airdrops. Too small reward for potential risk. Only reason to install 3-rd party applications is, only if the Airdrop is launched by the project with which you already deal, as a bounty hunter and\or investor.
Activity: 168
if in my opinion it is not so risky, because aridrops this type of free coin that the price is low. you should follow a bounty campaye you can look for in the marketplaes (altcoin), because there are many good projects and managed by a great manager.
Pages:
Jump to: