Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about this comment ? - page 3. (Read 2636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 28, 2015, 06:20:54 PM
The distribution phase of bitcoin has barerly started with only a fraction of the planet involved in bitcoin.

Besides, it has been time proven that any wealth distribution always ends up with a certain elite owning more than most of the common people. No matter how you start.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
October 28, 2015, 06:05:48 PM
I was watching this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hBhymFfm8 then was checking the comments and I found this :

I'd like to hear from you and what do you think about this comment ? is he right or wrong (on the last part )?

Maybe that is the case but what if the price was $250k each or something you think the rich guys could keep holding all that coin.  Maybe they could i dunno but maybe a deflationary system works different.  They cant make % gains on bitcoin so easy.
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
October 28, 2015, 05:48:35 PM
come on guys, you should know that most of those wallets are exchanges and/or businesses there is nothing to be scared.

this is just another news trying to destabilize bitcoin, don't feed them guys Wink
Activity: 756
October 28, 2015, 05:42:50 PM
i doubt its true, if 14million coins has been mined and 880 ppl own ~20% of thats about 3200 bitcoins per person, i higely doubt that there are almost a thousand people with 3200 coins each
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
October 28, 2015, 05:39:31 PM
It is scary if it is true. I got somewhat more calm after reading that there is no certain way to know about who holds whatever amount.

If we are going to a world with much Bitcoin significance, rich people will be richer than ever.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
October 28, 2015, 05:21:35 PM
If these stats are somewhat accurate it is a problem, but as a few others have mentioned I'm sure if bitcoin either approaches the previous all time high or becomes more widely accepted as a payment option for general day to day and cost of living expenses this will become far more evenly distributed.

At one point in history Mansa Musa the first owned an estimated half of the worlds gold.  It's history's way that wealth, like water is always looking for ways to slip out of your possession.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
October 28, 2015, 05:19:38 PM
rich (not bitcoin area) have lambo, catle, art drawing, gold bars, suiss account.

they can't sell this to people.

i can sell 1 btc of my stack to many people ... fungeable money is the difference between bitcoin richest ... and normal rich ressource (like stock action).

and, well, bitcoin is more sellable than gold bar ... if you asking.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
October 28, 2015, 05:03:41 PM
There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins, and there are over 7 billion people in the world already.

If you own even 1 bitcoin, you already own way more than your 'fair share'...  If you took all the bitcoins that currently exist and divided them among all the people in the world equally, there would only be a little more than 0.002 bitcoins per person.

Yeah, I believe in the future bitcoin will be pushed back a couple decimals too. Or the word bit for 100k satoshis will become more popular instead with price rising.

Or it's value will rise to make those bits more valuable. I am talking $100 per bit.
Now that would be a triumph for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 28, 2015, 04:43:13 PM
i think hes more than right on the missing bitcoins part,alot of people make posts here about missing bitcoins, but i dont think hes right about the wealth dispersion part,he has no references,he doesnt tell us where he got that info from. How do we know if its credible or not

There's no way of verifying it but I don't think there's much doubt that distribution is insanely skewed. There are enough heavy hitters who've admitted to enormous holdings. The question is, is that actually a problem?
Activity: 756
October 28, 2015, 04:35:10 PM
i think hes more than right on the missing bitcoins part,alot of people make posts here about missing bitcoins, but i dont think hes right about the wealth dispersion part,he has no references,he doesnt tell us where he got that info from. How do we know if its credible or not
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
October 28, 2015, 04:23:18 PM
There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins, and there are over 7 billion people in the world already.

If you own even 1 bitcoin, you already own way more than your 'fair share'...  If you took all the bitcoins that currently exist and divided them among all the people in the world equally, there would only be a little more than 0.002 bitcoins per person.

Yeah, I believe in the future bitcoin will be pushed back a couple decimals too. Or the word bit for 100k satoshis will become more popular instead with price rising.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
October 28, 2015, 04:21:07 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
October 28, 2015, 04:17:15 PM
I was watching this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hBhymFfm8 then was checking the comments and I found this :

I'd like to hear from you and what do you think about this comment ? is he right or wrong (on the last part )?

Even if he is right, this is the start of bitcoin.

Do you think all those people are going to hold onto their coins?

Who says 10% won't sell at 500$, 20% will sell at 800$, 30% will sell at 1500$, etc etc, maybe keep some of their coins but most people are looking into profiting from it right now.

With time this will get more and more stable, as we've seen lately with the price.

But never forget that we are still in the very beginning of this new era. Bitcoin will get more distributed with time, I am sure of that.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
October 28, 2015, 04:14:34 PM
it is quite possible.Few people may have lots of bitcoin remember bitcoin is not earned but it can be produced and early miners had lot of advantage.They might be holding lot of bitcoin
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 28, 2015, 04:04:58 PM
Even if this was true, there was really Jo other way around to start a decentralized project like Bitcoin. In the beginning, there was only a handful of people that owned bitcoins. Satoshi, Hal, and the rest of few. So in the beginning, the distribution was worse ever. But it gets better as time is passing. I mean it's better today than 2 years ago when I got into Bitcoin and it will be better in two years than it was today if we continue with mass adoption.

Really nothing to worry about even if this data is true.
Activity: 861
Merit: 1001
October 28, 2015, 04:04:25 PM
most of the 47 top addresses are exchanges, who manage thousands of users.

Well, we all have to admit : it's well known a few early adopters control an important part of the bitcoins. But what you say is really an important fact to remember.

One can't just consider 1 address = 1 individual. It would be really absurd.

But you also have to remember that the bitcoin network is still young. Wealth will have a better repartition in a few years...
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 28, 2015, 03:38:12 PM
funny because it was mean to be like that, even satoshi would agree, there is the need to have few people holding more at the beginning, therefore many other can buy, and increase the price due to a strong demand

if everybody was starting with the same amount of btc, there will be less demand and just holding, the price would remain stuck there forever
Activity: 784
October 28, 2015, 03:34:56 PM
I don't understand how they are getting those numbers?  It is a youtube comment so I am guessing it is probably fake.  I thought one of the greatest things with Bitcoin is you have no idea who is at the end of the wallet?

It came from youtube, so I don't think I would really take what that user commented on that. Also, though what he said was true, just compare the figures to fiat and you will see which is much scarier.

It did not come from YouTube. It came from businessinsider and businessinsider got it from bitcointalk.

Businessinsider link: http://www.businessinsider.com/927-People-Own-Half-Of-The-Bitcoins/articleshow/27194885.cms

Bitcointalk link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/distribution-of-bitcoin-wealth-by-owner-316297

Even so, if it is from a reliable source how on earth are we supposed to believe it?  Where do they get the numbers from this?  How can they tell who owns what wallet?  I highly doubt this is true, and even if it is, its just like the american currency is now anyway, as far as numbers go
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER
October 28, 2015, 03:28:05 PM
I don't understand how they are getting those numbers?  It is a youtube comment so I am guessing it is probably fake.  I thought one of the greatest things with Bitcoin is you have no idea who is at the end of the wallet?

It came from youtube, so I don't think I would really take what that user commented on that. Also, though what he said was true, just compare the figures to fiat and you will see which is much scarier.

It did not come from YouTube. It came from businessinsider and businessinsider got it from bitcointalk.

Businessinsider link: http://www.businessinsider.com/927-People-Own-Half-Of-The-Bitcoins/articleshow/27194885.cms

Bitcointalk link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/distribution-of-bitcoin-wealth-by-owner-316297
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 28, 2015, 03:13:58 PM
I'm sure it's exchanges and business that account for many of the largest addresses, but it's undeniable that there are some ginormous individual holders.

Assuming it becomes a success what are such people planning to do? They can either sell, which they can only do once. They can spend them which again spreads them far and wide. They can sit on them and then not much happens at all.

The criticism of its distribution is valid but none of the above are particularly spine chilling options.

Pages:
Jump to: