Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 15. (Read 76745 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
The community is in shambles. No matter where you go, talk of bitcoin is full of anxiety, hate, vitriol and gnashing of teeth.

if I woke up tomorrow morning and bitcoin had lost 90% of it's value, I'd first be shocked and horrified, and then I'd realize that I can join another community that works together, has dreams of an amazing future in crypto and is always improving... I'd let out a sigh of enormous relief and just be happy that the nightmare was over.
Activity: 391
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
We should always think the advantage side in bitcoin. Bitcoin has more positive ways or things to help us and become a successful bitcoiner. The purpose in knowing the disadvantage of bitcoin is to aware us on blocking our bitcoin account. I think the only one disadvantage was the transaction fees. The money will be deducted in high amount when we transferred it to other account.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
For me one of disadvanatges is the fact that the transactions have become pretty expensive because of the fees. Also, anonimity is not that strong anymore as it used to be and sometimes the confirmation time that takes too long. Also it's not equaly accepted everywhere especialy by phisical merchants. But this are all things that could be improved in the future.
Activity: 364
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

usually people do trading by looking for a good market and not everyone is trading in bitcoin, the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin I think is the transaction cost is too high and transaction confirmation is also long and the total supply of bitcoin is limited
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
Biggest disadvantages of bitcoin?...i dont think so..but for me i can only say is if you dont have any internet connection that was the biggest disadvantages of it because simply you cannot join any forum anymore and all activities on it
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
definately the high fees and the long enduring transactions!

Additionally it seems ott to some people to pay by using cc's ( there are still people which won't use online banking or paypal)
I hope we will see a cheap price soon so many people will be benefited for their online transactions.
Right now, the fees are really expensive so if you transaction is a micro transaction you will think twice of doing it because of the high fees nowadays.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I think one of the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is that not everyone knows it can be applied anywhere. Where you can buy something like groceries and pay with bitcoin. In some countries not many bisni receive bitcoin. But not yet known people will start to admit it.  Cool
Yeah, the potential of bitcoin is still underestimated and that made the popularity of bitcoin decrease, many people still do not know bitcoin and some people know but they still doubt about it, it still can not come and get accepted by people all over the world. In addition, the government is worried that bitcoin will affect the economy and may create more crime, they have tightened the use and transactions with Bitcoin, some countries have banned the use Bitcoin for transactions, it is also a major disadvantage to the development of bitcoin
Activity: 205
Merit: 20
definately the high fees and the long enduring transactions!

Additionally it seems ott to some people to pay by using cc's ( there are still people which won't use online banking or paypal)
Activity: 221
Bitcoin I think only one thing that is the level of difficulty mine the higher. And pending transactions are getting more and more day, causing the fee so big.
Activity: 146
As each coin has dual side, BTC too have few darker sided too in spite of having numerous advantages. The foremost and the biggest disadvantage of BTC is that its valuation is most susceptible to fluctuation, so one could not judge the exact valuation of BTC and hence BTC investment is not the all time employment and moreover being not centralized by the government, BTC is involved in few criminal activities also and there are few small disadvantages also related to BTC like no chances of chargeback and transaction process is also very time consuming, otherwise BTC is a boon for the humanity.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I think the transactions need to be faster and Bitcoin must have a stable price. It is hard to accept is as a payment method since it fluctuates so much
Activity: 726
Merit: 251
I think one of the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is that not everyone knows it can be applied anywhere. Where you can buy something like groceries and pay with bitcoin. In some countries not many bisni receive bitcoin. But not yet known people will start to admit it.  Cool
Activity: 126
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
I think people think that the main and major disadvantage that can be linked into bitcoin cryptocurrency is the mere fact that it is generated and operated on in which is one of the best feature of bitcoin for an easy access currency type because it is dependent on the internet source before you can access it. Same thing applies that because it is generated and operated online, we cannot deny that we are afraid that hackers might enter to get the access on the accounts and might get all the money stored in there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
Besides thousands of advantage, bitcoin have some disadvantage also. Many criminal use it to do their evil work. Many dishonest billionaire invest on bitcoin to save their black money. But it should be checked if the government should control it and legal it in their country.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
The BTC network is able to process the number of transactions per second that is much higher than it is today. However it is not completely ready to scale for the major credit card network card levels. Work is being done to lift current limitations, and the needs of a well-known future. From the beginning, every aspect of the BTC network has been in the ongoing process of maturation, optimization, and speliazitaion, and is expected to remain that way for the next few years. As traffic grows, more BTC users can use lightweight clients, and full network nodes can be a more centralized service.
Activity: 21
Hmm...Bitcoin needs huge changes because of its centralization, high fees, and transaction duration... I see the future of BTC in the new fork - Segwit2X.
You can check more info here: https://b2x-segwit.io/

Sign the petition to introduce "ideal" BTC to more people:
https://www.change.org/p/sign-the-petition-to-introduce-bitcoin-segwit2x-to-the-rest-of-the-world
I signed the petition and suggest you too!
Activity: 322
homt.net
The biggest advantages of bitcoin is in affecting the way people think and the way people do in changing their life better than before. With the condition of bitcoin that up and down, many people will learn how to see the situation whether they will sell or keep their bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
I think that the big drawbacks of bitcoin are the cost of the transaction and the time of payment confirmation. Solving these problems will automatically solve a number of minor and minor problems.
Activity: 31
Exposure to Bitcoin-Specific Scams and Fraud. ...
Black Market Activity May Damage Reputation and Usefulness. ...
Susceptible to High Price Volatility. ...
No Chargebacks or Refunds. ...
Potential to Be Replaced by Superior Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 199
0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28
High transaction commission and a very long processing time is biggest hurdle to accept it by main stream. If you are really working to make it more acceptable, please keep these two issues in mind. I believe, it will be very helpful.
Pages:
Jump to: