Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 26. (Read 76726 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
I think it's the slow process for confirming Bitcoin transactions. Imagine waiting for hours to confirm your purchase. Maybe, it's possible for online purchases but still it's something that needs to improve.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
BTCBTC Price is very unstable. Even BTC price is rising , that also a symptom of a very unstable condition. Anyway It is a profit to us. But we can surely understand one day that process will be reversed.  
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
I think I'm most tired of my friends and family asking: "Isnt that illegal?"

LOL, same situation here, it's why i even stopped to talk about bitcoin.

- "Hey do you know bitcoin ?"
- "Yes sure, it is the currency of the darkweb"

(¬‿¬)
Last 2 years ago i start using bitcoin the price was low, yes i admit i have lost hope in the past i want to stop the bitcoin, i think that's because my family will not live in this way but i did not lose hope i continued and now here we come what a surprise the bitcoin price is getting more higher Smiley thank you bitcoin Smiley
not far so much this is was always happen loosing hope here there is a lot of reason why it was happen because of the price taht are not stable then we dont ahve any assurance if this will be a good currency but now we see the progress of bitcoin and we make some hope now that it will now continue.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
I think I'm most tired of my friends and family asking: "Isnt that illegal?"

LOL, same situation here, it's why i even stopped to talk about bitcoin.

- "Hey do you know bitcoin ?"
- "Yes sure, it is the currency of the darkweb"

(¬‿¬)
Last 2 years ago i start using bitcoin the price was low, yes i admit i have lost hope in the past i want to stop the bitcoin, i think that's because my family will not live in this way but i did not lose hope i continued and now here we come what a surprise the bitcoin price is getting more higher Smiley thank you bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 109
Bitcoin is a victim of its own success, far too volatile, but also too slow and expensive for transactions.

I'm agree with you
Activity: 101
Bitcoin is a victim of its own success, far too volatile, but also too slow and expensive for transactions.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 311
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

in my opinion, bitcoin price fluctuations suddenly rise and fall, high transaction costs and slow transactions can also be a factor causing bitcoin can not be accepted as a primary form of payment
indeed this is the nature of bitcoin. when prices can not be controlled and because of an information alone bitcoin prices are able to drop 50% this is very make orag...
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
- energy needs will raise questions for  the whole thing (it will be a huge effort for the last million to be mined - i doubt that they will ever mined till the end)
- proof of work concept being questioned as of efficiency and by that time other more flexible and less energy consuming  cryptos might emerge. that doesn't mean that btc will loose it's strong appeal due to 21 million hard coded thing

-also the security thing is something that will follow us for a long time it seems  but it will be settled down one way or another

for the moment ride the  wave, no questions asked ....lol

Disadvantages of Bitcoin

1. Exposure to Bitcoin-Specific Scams and Fraud
2. Black Market Activity May Damage Reputation and Usefulness
3. Susceptible to High Price Volatility
4. No Chargebacks or Refunds

Activity: 56
There is one disadvantage with Bitcoin and that is people trying to hold onto it. Some people know how to hold onto their Bitcoins and some people don't. From what I've been reading in this forum, the people that lose money while putting their money in many Altcoin ICO's  would've been better just by holding onto their Bitcoins instead of recklessly spending them.
Activity: 154
If there is advantage for sure there will be few disadvantages also there my bigger most concern is the transaction time of the bitcoin and another thing is scammer fear. Hope in future this will be rectified or else we will be used to it. Also the charges for transaction is more bothering me I feel it is going to be biggest disadvantages of bitcoin.
Activity: 42
You have the risk on network security, at least 2 exchanges have had high profile thefts occur in past years which have effected the market, exchanges make for big money targets and there's no real way to recover the funds.
Activity: 729
Merit: 250

in my opinion, bitcoin price fluctuations suddenly rise and fall, high transaction costs and slow transactions can also be a factor causing bitcoin can not be accepted as a primary form of payment
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
Many people stating that delay in confirmation time is the greatest drawback to bitcoins however i don't believe its an big issue should you add higher charges as if you want to get money in quick time in your wallet then you need to manage to pay higher charges as well as for me its not a big deal.
Yes it is a disadvantage to some extent. But countries with time will realize the fact that bitcoin will help them in eliminating unemployment and strengthening their economy and they will recognize them and will let all their people to access to internet so that they enjoy the miracles  of bitcoin and meet their financial needs easily.
Activity: 238
In my humble opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin it is huge comission, especially during sending little amounts of money. Sometimes percentage is too high
Activity: 210
Merit: 120
This time bitcoin is totally popular in some countries and some of them already banned the bitcoin, In my opinion the disadtanges of bitcoin is using this in illegal transaction because no one will know who are the owner of bitcoin and who used this. It can hide he identity of the user so they are dependent to use it either it is bad. This is the reason why the bitcoin is banned and has advantages compare to the other currency and to the fiat.
This answer i think summarize all about bitcoin whether its about the advantages and also the disadvantages, bitcoin create annonymous transactions its true but remember that all transaction still connected to a simple ledger. Whether some might call this disadvantages, i might as well call this advantages because this is the reasons bitcoin become so popular, the main disadvantages is because nobody can control bitcoin, just like a currency controlled and owned by a country. Bitcoin acts independently and thats the reason why so many countries ban it  Grin
In addition to that, scammers can also be added to the disadvantage that bitcoin has. Because of the larging number of bitcoin users it will be hard for the staff to identify which project is legit and which are just a scam. And because of that many of the bitcoin user became a victim of it. Aside from that hacker is also a disadvantage for bitcoin. Because when hack your wallet they could be able to get your bitcoin. And it is the worst possible thing to happen in BTC.
Activity: 700
Merit: 277
With the price reaching more than $ 7300, I think the bitcoin security factor becomes very important. in addition to security issues of course the transaction costs are immediately reduced because the current cost ranges 75k satoshi or more than $ 8.
Activity: 28
The biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin for me:

1) when networks are overloaded with transactions, bitcoin wiring accumulates in the queue and slows down

2) the fee is increased at the expense of those people who charge a higher percentage for processing the transfer. It's like an auction.

3) fast bitcoin volatility.
Merit: 100
The disadvantage of bitcoin is first bitcoin is untraceable because bitcoin can attract crime people can buy and sell illegal items wilth less risk of being traced by the authorities. Second sometimes its hard to trade because you cannot used credit card to buy bitcoin there are places that not accepting bitcoin as a payment. Bitcoin is still new bitcoin is only few years old we dont have decades of history yet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 48
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
for me i think only transaction fee and time of confirmation.
btw bitcoin still be my favorite currensy. that so easy to use
Pages:
Jump to: