Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 63. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I think the most disadvantages that i see in bitcoin is the feature that bitcoin posses because bitcoin is anonymous many illegal transaction can happen and for that reason government cannot allow that in many country and also bitcoin is a threat in the economy for that reason that's a big disadvantage of bitcoin if the government cannot accept bitcoin no bitcoin user's in that country.
Anonymity of bitcoin is getting rid by the officials in a slow process. I know that being anonymous is one of the things we like that we can found in bitcoin but the government doesn't want that like what you said, so in able to be accepted by the countries, bitcoin need to sacrifice it and be transparent because i also believe that it is a good one because we can avoid criminals.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think the most disadvantages that i see in bitcoin is the feature that bitcoin posses because bitcoin is anonymous many illegal transaction can happen and for that reason government cannot allow that in many country and also bitcoin is a threat in the economy for that reason that's a big disadvantage of bitcoin if the government cannot accept bitcoin no bitcoin user's in that country.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
The Biggest disadvantage of bitcoins is his price nobody know when the price increase and decrease. its good for investor but to sometimes its become to much risky, like trading, but much risky much money yeahh
That's what happen when a currency's price is truly based on the demands of the market and the ratio of supply:demand is really affecting the price and the whole currency's economic. What I've seen is that majority of people who join bitcoin recently are attracted to its potential of giving decent profit and they consider bitcoin as an investment and not a currency, that's right that normal people who use bitcoin as ordinary currency struggling to keep their value stay at its point.

Let get real for a minute

Bitcoin price has nothing to do with demand..
Are you going to tell me that demand was the same 3 years ago when we were at the same price levels?

We won;t see the real value of bitcoin in less than 10 years when finally normal usage not speculation will kick in.

The real value of bitcoin is its current price. We don't have any other way to determine it. Even though the population back then that pumped the price up to $1,200 was quite little compared to the population today, the demand surely was there.

If 50 people bought one candy each, and one guy bought 50 candies, how is the demand different? The only difference is the amount of people that were involved, which has nothing to do with demand. There can literally be just 10 people out there and when they decide to buy something in bulk, then the demand for that certain product has already increased.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
Well for one the blockchain fees are astronomical compared to where they were before the price per bitcoin was at $1000. Remember that wallets even didn't charge you a fee to send like Xapo and Coinbase. But those days are done
And just in recent days it has taken a horrendous amount of time just to send out a small amount of bitcoin even if the fees were enough to send just a week ago to be completed in a matter of 45 minutes to an hour.
Sending close to $2 for a transaction miners fee shouldn't take over 9 hours to confirm and complete.
Heard someone sent $5 just to see how long it would take and that one send did not fully confirm on the third hour they were waiting for it and just gave up on waiting any longer.
Now that is just insane and a major disadvantage if that is how the blockchain is going to continue handling these bitcoin send amounts with such high fees to be paid.
Activity: 406
https://gexcrypto.io
The Biggest disadvantage of bitcoins is his price nobody know when the price increase and decrease. its good for investor but to sometimes its become to much risky, like trading, but much risky much money yeahh
That's what happen when a currency's price is truly based on the demands of the market and the ratio of supply:demand is really affecting the price and the whole currency's economic. What I've seen is that majority of people who join bitcoin recently are attracted to its potential of giving decent profit and they consider bitcoin as an investment and not a currency, that's right that normal people who use bitcoin as ordinary currency struggling to keep their value stay at its point.

Are you going to tell me that demand was the same 3 years ago when we were at the same price levels?

We won;t see the real value of bitcoin in less than 10 years when finally normal usage not speculation will kick in.

Can you justify this one.

Why do you think the value of bitcoin changes from time to time? Bitcoin's value changes depends on the law of demand and supply. If the demand of bitcoin is high and the supply is not that high compare to the demand, then bitcoin's value will increase. That is the reason why bitcoin's value increases if there are less bitcoin in circulation and inversely, bitcoin's value will decrease if more bitcoin is in circulation.
Activity: 406
I don't see any biggest disadvantage about bitcoin, but i see one disadvantage and that is bitcoin has no stable price because sometimes it rise amd sometomes it falls. But for me bitcoin has been a big advantage to me because it helps to earn money more easily than doing other things in real life.

Bitcoin is like a real estate source, so its value can not be stable, thanks to that, it becomes the right currency for investment and business. It is no longer a disadvantage of bitcoin, but it becomes an advantage for bitcoin to be enjoyed by everyone. However, that is also why it has not been accepted as a formal payment method.
Activity: 414
Merit: 107
Every way of your life you must find out some pros and cons, so bitcoin is not out of them, because of a new method there are some constraints which you can call them as disadvantages. such as time on transactions, difficulties on handling transactions, also payment is difficult to understand for everyone. not only that there is also instability of the price because of a new technology.
but we have to cope up with things for our benefit.  
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun

Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Well i think the biggest disadvantage is because bitcoin is not well known enough and most people don't understand it(bitcoin) and there aren't many places that accept bitcoin as a payment method. And also i heard that it takes long time to confirm the transaction? i dunno though since i never use bitcoin for transaction before.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Srry 4 my bad English
transaction times and some fees (specially when sending little amounts. or more awaiting transactions) 
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I don't see any biggest disadvantage about bitcoin, but i see one disadvantage and that is bitcoin has no stable price because sometimes it rise amd sometomes it falls. But for me bitcoin has been a big advantage to me because it helps to earn money more easily than doing other things in real life.
Unstable price for bitcoin is not a true disadvantage and it is a good characteristic for bitcoin because if you see bitcoin at a high price and if it is stable then you cannot buy it for a lower price and you don't have choice and just buy it while in unstable price there is flexibility for the price and you can buy for a lower price if you know how to wait the price.
For me it is the biggest advantage of bitcoin , Thats the way we can make a great profit from bitcoin we just need a perfect timing on buying bitcoin and selling it. Must be updated on the latest news on bitcoin , that we can estimate the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Unstable price for bitcoin is not a true disadvantage and it is a good characteristic for bitcoin because if you see bitcoin at a high price and if it is stable then you cannot buy it for a lower price and you don't have choice and just buy it while in unstable price there is flexibility for the price and you can buy for a lower price if you know how to wait the price.
Activity: 454
Activity: 225
Bitcoin is not completely implemented in every country and due to very low transaction fee many people are using for illegal activities, The price of bitcoin is also not stable......
Bitcoin has many disadvantages, but people see more of its advantages
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
As I observed I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is so slow to confirm the transactions. Mine is receving that took 2days to be confirm. We all know that many users had used bitcoin but hoping this will be resolved immediately. Also, I think the disadvantage if by collecting high fees people will find other ways to use not bitcoin because of high fees.
High fee is levied by several wallet services. This could make people completely avoid few wallets services. One thing need to be agreed that based on the increasing price the transaction fee value increase but everytime the transaction fee is the same. Recently made a transaction through a wallet which levied more than $2 for a transaction that involved just $9. If this is the case as mentioned what's the use of small scale users.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
As I observed I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is so slow to confirm the transactions. Mine is receving that took 2days to be confirm. We all know that many users had used bitcoin but hoping this will be resolved immediately. Also, I think the disadvantage if by collecting high fees people will find other ways to use not bitcoin because of high fees.
Activity: 340
The main reason, I think that makes Bitcoin disadvantageous is the confirmation of the transactions. It's really hard to make the transaction go faster compared to previous times just because the difficulty is getting harder every time. I think that's one of the main reasons for bitcoin not being wild spread
Yes I agree with you, sometimes I am very need money in urgent situation so I withdraw my bitcoin to exchanger for exchange it to fiat and when the transaction is very long it is just make me so stressful, not sure but maybe BU is great idea for this problem

Waiting for confirmation has become a big problem now even after paying higher fees we need to wait too long to see balance in our wallet and that is really annoying and this problem should be solved asap or else bitcoin will start loosing its users.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
The main reason, I think that makes Bitcoin disadvantageous is the confirmation of the transactions. It's really hard to make the transaction go faster compared to previous times just because the difficulty is getting harder every time. I think that's one of the main reasons for bitcoin not being wild spread
Yes I agree with you, sometimes I am very need money in urgent situation so I withdraw my bitcoin to exchanger for exchange it to fiat and when the transaction is very long it is just make me so stressful, not sure but maybe BU is great idea for this problem

They said SegWit can fix it but not sure.
Activity: 643
Merit: 263
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Activity: 392
The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is scaling process. With increase usage of Bitcoin, blockchain is incompetent to hold transactions. As a result of which fees are increasing dramatically.
Pages:
Jump to: