Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think will happen to Bitcoin in 100 years? - page 10. (Read 1569 times)

copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 4
This is a thing beyond my lifespan and I haven't thought about what BTC will look like in 100 years, but 10 - 20 years from now BTC will be really better than it is now because BTC's technology industry is moving forward and sustainable, maybe 100 years from now, my children and grandchildren will also like to invest in BTC like me now.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
We are 1/10th of the way through that timeline. Like others have mentioned, in that long of a time-frame, I feel that the only certainty is the survival of crypto and this new concept for a monetary system. As for bitcoin, it would either be THE predominant store of value, or be entirely driven out by something else.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
I think bitcoin will be around in a 100 years. Gold has been around for thousands of years and fiat money has been around for nearly a century. Bitcoin will be here as long as it survives regulations or any unforeseen technical issues.
Bad comparison though.

As others have said, 100 years? too much to speculate. First, we really don't know what will happen to the planet we live in, for God's sake maybe it won't be inhabitable in the next century.

But assuming people that time survived, maybe they will see the last bitcoin being mined and if become some sort of novelty or collectors item that time or it could be traded and become the currency that we all have been wanting to see, they definitely it will still be here.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
In 100 years, it's either Bitcoin is already heavily adopted, or it's dead. I don't think there's a sort of in-between.

But yes, since I'm here, obviously I think it will survive and be successful in a bigger scale. But of course, as with anything, nothing is guaranteed, hence why everyone should practice finance and investing in a responsive manner. Only go literally all-in if you can afford to lose everything (e.g. if you're young); even though I think it's next to impossible for bitcoin to go bust in this stage(besides the typical price volatility).
It's relatively young compared to other financial instruments so I don't think that a decade is enough for me,  so I still doubt that bitcoin isn't going to bust. Maybe if the things as it is continue and improve along the way in favor of bitcoin, maybe I can finally believe that bitcoin is going to last for a really long time.
Activity: 56
Merit: 13
I think bitcoin will be around in a 100 years. Gold has been around for thousands of years and fiat money has been around for nearly a century. Bitcoin will be here as long as it survives regulations or any unforeseen technical issues.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
I think we should ask what will happen to Bitcoin in 5-10 years from now as this is relatively a good amount of time to show of what Bitcoin is capable.After 100 years I don't know what to think except that no one from us writing here in the forum now will be alive at that time.I am interested to see how Bitcoin will be after 5 years or a bit less,I am waiting to see what happens in 2025 as I believe it would have surely passed the 100.000 dollars mark we talked so much about during the last bull run.I am conserving almost 0.7 Bitcoin and I pray that the value will be more than 100.000 dollars during 2025.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
Here, let's do a simple thinking together. What do you think will happen to Bitcoin in 100 years? Will the Bitcoin network die?
100 years is too long to speculate with.
Even 10 years is unpredictable. Can you imagine how 10,000 Btc has been used 10 years ago to buy pizza and how many pizza can you buy even with just 0.1 Btc today. So, anyone has definitely no idea what will happen in 100 years.

First of all, it is certain that 99% of us are dead. We may see Bitcoin in 50 years, but it is difficult to see Bitcoin in 100 years.
100% of us who reads this won't see Bitcoin in the next 100 years. Life expectancy today is around 70 years old. Even the Child born in the next 10 years won't see Bitcoin in the next 100 years.
So, yeah you have answered your own queries.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
in 100 years  there are many possible ways that the bitcoin go, either it vanishies and people forget about where another system better faster replaces it,  or it becomes the normal, the day to day payment method that we use for all our transactions, but i really think that the bitcoin has a large community and poeple who belive in its cause and will always support it no matter what, unlike all the altcoins that have been developped and forgotten.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
I'd say it will be dead. But that's not a bad thing. Bitcoin and other relevant cryptocurrencies are just an evolutionary step and there is no need to think it's here to stay forever. Bitcoin paved the way for something revolutionary and other future cryptocurrencies will build off of that idea.

The other option is that Bitcoin becomes to crypto what gold is to FIAT, a more or less stable standard.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
no one can know for sure. could have grown rapidly as it was originally intended as a currency. we know that fiat money is now replacing the barter system that previously existed. and until hundreds of years we are used to money as a means of payment, it could be the same with bitcoin later
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
To be honest,I don't care about what will happen to Bitcoin in 100 years.
Bitcoin might upgrade and turn into Bitcoin 2.0 or Bitcoin 4.0 after several decades,or it might be dethroned by a better altcoin or a new technology.
I don't believe that anyone would wasting be energy to mine Bitcoins on the Moon or Mars.Electricity that is produced on the Moon or Mars would be very expensive,so mining won't be profitable and also I don't think that the people,who will colonize the Moon and Mars would need cryptocurrencies to pay for goods and services.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
100 years is very far to predict what will happen with Bitcoin in the future, probably predicting 10-20 years in the future would be better. Imagining our world keep improving technologies and most of our activities are helped from digital or even robot, IMO Bitcoin will be used widely since Bitcoin it's a internet of money. Even though all countries were banned Bitcoin, but people still can use it without any centralized entity.

Remember 11 years ago 10.000 Bitcoin is worth for couple of pizza, but right now you could buy the pizza companies Cheesy
Activity: 1218
Merit: 49
Binance #Smart World Global Token

Well, we have to admit that 100 years is quite a long period of time and it is beyond the normal life expectancy in the first place. I don't think that even Warren Buffet is thinking of 100 years when he is investing into something. Now, having said that, I got your point which is to think long-term when it comes to getting involved in Bitcoin. However, not all investors are that way because there are those who are just here for some months and maybe some years at the most and many are speculators - and we could not blame and stop them with doing so as Bitcoin is open to anyone regardless of thinking or convictions. For the sake of discussion, in 100 years time I would say that Bitcoin will already be a very popular and widely used currency globally by then though we can never rule out that a better and more vigorous cryptocurrency can overtake Bitcoin within the same period.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
In 100 years, it's either Bitcoin is already heavily adopted, or it's dead. I don't think there's a sort of in-between.

But yes, since I'm here, obviously I think it will survive and be successful in a bigger scale. But of course, as with anything, nothing is guaranteed, hence why everyone should practice finance and investing in a responsive manner. Only go literally all-in if you can afford to lose everything (e.g. if you're young); even though I think it's next to impossible for bitcoin to go bust in this stage(besides the typical price volatility).
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
Many of us now invest in Bitcoin, not only did not make money, but in bitcoin price volatility, they also lost their principal.

Why is this so? Because we did not see the long-term value of Bitcoin, but lost our chip because of fear in the 24-hour violent price fluctuation of Bitcoin.

Here, let's do a simple thinking together. What do you think will happen to Bitcoin in 100 years? Will the Bitcoin network die?

First of all, it is certain that 99% of us are dead. We may see Bitcoin in 50 years, but it is difficult to see Bitcoin in 100 years.

But will the Bitcoin network die? In my opinion, even 100 years later, it is impossible to eliminate the influence of Bitcoin in human civilization.

Instead, Bitcoin has become the infrastructure of human civilization and is applied to all aspects of human civilization. And humans have begun to mine and dig Bitcoin on the moon, space station, Mars, and even outside the solar system.

If you think so too, what are we to be afraid of today?

Bitcoin brings us the sea of stars. We don't care about the rise and fall of its price, but to accompany it to the universe. We store Bitcoin today, not just for ourselves, but for our children and grandchildren.
We can give away the bitcoins we acquired today to our descendants as their wealth forever.

At the same time, 100 years later, I believe that Bitcointalk will always exist with Bitcoin. 100 years later, there will still be Bitcoin supporters coming here, posting and communicating.

Here, every paragraph we wrote today records the traces of Bitcoin when it was first born. I believe that the words we write today will become the imprint of Bitcoin and be recorded in the evolutionary history of Bitcoin civilization.

IThat's my point. What do you think of Bitcoin 100 years later? Do you think Bitcoin will die in 100 years?
Pages:
Jump to: