Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you use - Windows, Linux or Mac? [POLL] - page 4. (Read 5633 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011
Actually i use both Windows and Linux but most of time I'm on Windows. Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Used Windows then 'evolved' into using free software so I switched to Linux - tryed many of mainstream distribution as OpenSuse, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, but ended with great Linux mint - mainly because Gnome 3 sucks for desktops and they were first to develop something similiar to Gnome 2 - called Mate. I recommend this distribution to everyone.

I've been on mint with cinnamon for 3 months now and I'm never going back to windows. even the gf is using mint with mate on her laptop and she's about as computer illiterate as they come

everything just works right away and installing programs is as simple as googling "skype linux" and typing a few commands
Activity: 350
Used Windows then 'evolved' into using free software so I switched to Linux - tryed many of mainstream distribution as OpenSuse, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, but ended with great Linux mint - mainly because Gnome 3 sucks for desktops and they were first to develop something similiar to Gnome 2 - called Mate. I recommend this distribution to everyone.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Windows 7
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I use windows 8 Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
Still using Windows 
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
I use windows. had a linux laptop but I sold it
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Commodore 64
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Mac-using audio nerd reporting in.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Windows!  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
Only Windows - Linux are not usable for soft download.
In practise - Linux is also not safe - there are not developed antivirus soft in the market for Linux.
You are an idiot. There is no need for Linux antivirus, because Linux is safe enough without one.
Activity: 85
I'm using windows and linux but I use windows most of the time many of my bots run only on windows.
Activity: 393
I am using Windows since I started using computers. After using Windows XP for many years I have changed it to Windows 7 and loving it.
Activity: 658
Only Windows - Linux are not usable for soft download.
In practise - Linux is also not safe - there are not developed antivirus soft in the market for Linux.
Activity: 797
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
windows8.1 ....and it wold be windows 10 in mid 2015
Activity: 298
Using ubuntu right now but was using windows 7 before that just trying to learn some things with it.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Right now I'm using android (Linux) on my tablet. But my desktop PC runs windows. I have a few other assorted computers around my house running windows and all sorts of Linux variants. Mining related distros and such.

I don't use iOS/OSX for anything.
Activity: 60
I use both.  I have a windows desktop, but I carry around a MacbookPro.  I think Mac is a much better operating system for laptops because of the amazingly good touchpad integration in the OS. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!
I am using linux because I think it's much better and safer compared to windows. The problem with windows is this: it constantly runs a ton of tasks and old problems with DNS thread and such were never fixed, they never fix any bugs! and current version of windows 7/8 runs 4x to 5x as many tasks as an XP... it's a useless shit.
Activity: 103
MAC because windows just have too much blue screen problems.
Pages:
Jump to: