Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you use - Windows, Linux or Mac? [POLL] - page 6. (Read 5633 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Office use windows 7 for work, web servers are running on linux n home is windows 8 that is great.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Windows 8 Wink
Activity: 11
I use Windows because almost every application or games will work on it.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I don't like Bill Gates project eugenica, and he isn't normal, but i use only win; now win7
Activity: 18
i use windows it is friendly user among all.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★

Is there a windows like that? I was using Win95 and then Win98. I never heard of Win97 though.
I am using Windows 7 now, and waiting for Windows 9 or 10 to come out.
I feel that Win8 is beta testing of some sort.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Mac for me Wink
Activity: 14
I am using Windows 7 which is more convenient and easy to play use.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
i use windows 7 will shift to windows10
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Everything...i am forced to work with Windows Sad Using Mac OS on my Macbook and Ubuntu on my desktop Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Smart people use Linux.

Gentoo Linux, lol
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
Smart people use Linux.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
Windowns XP :p even after all these years.. still love it more then any other OS out there in market, ..!
legendary
Well, Linux is just two voices behind Windows now (24 vs 26). Who will make up for the odds?
Activity: 41
So, what do you use? Windows? Linux? Mac?
It'll be interesting to know how many people on this forum use each Smiley

windows and linux
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009
Window cause it support 100% of the game...
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Windows as desktop, mac as laptop!
So far I've never had a windows laptop I've been satisfied with, overheating, fans dying, performance going to hell, shitty batteries are just a few of the problems.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hey, guys! Now Linux seems to be on par with Windows according to this vote (indeed it is by far superior strictly on technical terms only, see top500.org for a proof). Are bitcoiners pro-linux really?

People who are pro-bitcoin for ideological reasons are more likely to pro free software. Free as in freedom, not free beer. Linux is free software. You can get the source code, and you can change it to how you like it if you wish.

You control your finance, your finance(Banks) do not control you. You control your software, your software(Digital handcuffs) don't control you.

Here is Richard Stallman's talk on "Digital Freedom: the context for Bitcoin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6Q--zqroM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Hey, guys! Now Linux seems to be on par with Windows according to this vote (indeed it is by far superior strictly on technical terms only, see top500.org for a proof). Are bitcoiners pro-linux really?

I think most long time Bitcoiners are more pro-Linux than the average. There's a good reason for this phenomena. Most of us were CPU or GPU miners that had multiple computers going at once (I had 12-14 going at any given time). There is no reason to buy a license for Windows for every miner when Linux is free. Also, many Bitcoiners program in a high-level language like Python because it's easier and requires fewer lines of code to make something cool happen. These people make all the various additional software that Bitcoin relies on to make it user friendly. Bitcoin developers are the backbone of Bitcoin and release everything under a "free to use and develop" GNU GPL type license. It makes more sense to work on a platform where everything is free, even the OS (things are still released in a Windows version though because many people use it). These two things make the Bitcoin community more pro-Linux than most.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: