Pages:
Author

Topic: What does the future of bitcoin look like?? - page 29. (Read 2841 times)

Activity: 357
Merit: 12
So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

The bitcoin mining business is dust, so that interest will die quickly.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.   

Would love to know peoples thoughts on the future of bitcoin.

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Will it be surpassed by another coin? If so, which one and when?
So for me it looks like the world current currency that many people used to make many things happen in their lives. Bitcoin is very useful to many people and also it gives many opportunity.
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.   

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

In my opinion, Bitcoin still survives in many crypto currency battles. Now the prices of many crypto currency prices are increasing gradually. They are doing their business transactions more quickly. Yes, there is only one end to everything. Lately people will be driven towards newer more new crypto currency. Now many crypto currency offers a lot of benefits. But Bitcoin is a long way from the market down.
Activity: 282
The future of Bitcoin could be a good one and also a bad one , a lot of thinks can come and happen  . It's possible for Bitcoin to fall down really much, and if this happens, Bitcoin is dead . But also Bitcoin can rice up really much , I'm not gonna say how much because I can not  know .  But if it's gonna rice up , it's gonna be amazing , the profit it's gonna be amazing .
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Yes you're right with that statement that bitcoin is kinda decreasing. But still, bitcoin is the leading digital currency, maybe we just have to wait for a while that someday bitcoin will rise again because of its many investors.
Activity: 205
I really disagree when people says that bitcoin has a bright future. The thing is transaction fees gone worse now. And the traffic haven't improve at all. The popularity of bitcoin maybe is the reason why theres a great chance that it will be dumped this year. I vote for ethereum this time.
Activity: 46
Bitcoin becomes a globally accepted form of currency, virtual or not, with some counties having outright banned the use of Bitcoin, though the number of countries are diminishing, with the wider issue being the lack of regulation on Bitcoin itself
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
We are all aware that only a minority is using / holding / investing cryptocoins and also bitcoin.  Even when minority is dealing with bitcoin; it is proving itself as good tool for earning big profits; imagine with the rise in  the usage of bitcoin its demand will certainly rise and as a result law of demand and supply will apply.  With the rise in demand and almost stagnant supply the prices will definitely go up.  So the persons who are dealing in this coin will definitely gain with the passage of time.  Only patience is required to hold for few years.

So I see the future of bitcoin very much shining and attractive and profit earning asset..
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
I think in no time any penny can replace Bitcoin instantly because it is really important to the user at the moment. Actually, in the past, Bitcoin has done very well, it has helped her school a lot. I do not deny that it is used for criminal activity so it has been banned in some countries around the world but the benefits it brings are enormous.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

I think bitcoin will always have a place as a safe store of value. I think Ethereum however will become a far more universal crypto currency becoming even more of a core backbone for the market
Activity: 127
Hard to explain what does the future of bitcoin looks like but , what I know is that bitcoin will be much higher and very useful .
Activity: 336
It is a techno world and every one like to be rich in a short period and using shortcuts
to earning more, in this way bitcoin is very useful and helpful, you can see the hike
taken by bitcoin in the last one year,and still it is rising its new heights. So future of bitcoin is
very bright.
Activity: 252
Yeah , you made some valid points ! but new investors invest in bitcoin , old users who have good knowledge in crypto market they are investing altcoin like ETH, Dash something like that. so what if investor continue investing in Bitcoin for sure btc have a very good future !!
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
I think the future of bitcoin will be more brighter as always because the price of bitcoin increase frequently and now it is becoming popular and valuable each day so we can easily guess that it would be more valuable and popular in future and the reason for it is that now everyone is looking forward to be rich and people coming toward technology.
Activity: 22
the dominance of bitcoin will get higher and higher as time goes by it looks like a population growth co'z so many investors and altcoins that exist in the market
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
It is really heard to say crypto currency's future. Bitcoin is an exception crypto in the crypto world. It is the virtual currency that it has a lighting future. Price is so valuable and users of it are also in huge number. Bitcoin is the future of money. We can hope that Bitcoin will reach on better position in future.
Bitcoin has no shape it’s a virtual currency because it is a crypto currency and more value able as other currencies. The future of bitcoin is very bright because many people has bought it earlier and now getting benefits from it and still people are buying this digital currency.

Bitcoin has large number of its holders and became the world 1st rank digital currency and supporting to many people who were living from hand to mouth.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
The future of the bitcoin contains endless possiblities it maybe be beneficial and harmful at the sametime because bitcoin will always be volatile and every changing in the demands of the society. Bitcoin looks like a promising investment because it will dramatically increase more and more in the near future.
Activity: 28

And check out this description of Yahoo on Wikipedia -  "It was globally known for its Web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search, and related services, including Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping, video sharing, fantasy sports, and its social media website. At its height it was one of the most popular sites in the United States."

Now replace the word YAHOO with GOOGLE. Now tell me they are not direct competitors.!

Except for search, Google was involved in neither of these things when they overtook Yahoo.

Google began as search moron.

Have you ever heard of Google?

Here, I'll fill you in on the situation as quickly as possible. And in case you're like 8 years old, I'll simplify it for you.

Yahoo invented the search engine and became the first web directory in the world.

1 year later Google came along with a better search engine with more improved protocols.

They both began competing for top ranked search engine (which would eventually lead to other avenues of profit)

So, In the business world, that's pretty much as close as you can get to a competitor.

Are you trolling or what?
Activity: 294
It is really heard to say crypto currency future.Bitcoin price is so valuable and users of it are also in huge number.The function  of bitcoin will be undertaken  by thousands of altcoin.Future market price would still be going higher than the present value and will be definitely becoming stronger.we can hope that bitcoin will reach on better position in future.
Activity: 28

Except for search, Google was involved in neither of these things when they overtook Yahoo.

Email, Videos... even advertising only became part of Google's portfolio when they already dominated the search market.
Dude, wtf are you on about?

Do you realize that you are trying to argue that Google and Yahoo are not competitors.

You've straight away lost all credibility by doing that.

The only thing Google and Yahoo had in common back then was the search engine.
Both companies would be nothing without the search engines.

When you are the directory for the web, you quickly realize just how much you can explore other revenue streams.

Without the search engines, both companies would not have been able to expand in the way they did, so the battle for the number #1 ranking for web directories was crucial in winning the overall race.

Anyway all I think you need to take from the comparison is that Yahoo pioneered the search engine, Google found a way to improve on Yahoo's search engine and made it better. Google overtook Yahoo as the number 1 search engine and then #1 company.

Yahoo failing to acquire Google when they had the chance didn't help much either.

Yeah but they managed to grab
a huge amount of shares which more than covered the losses.

Acknowledging that pioneers get dethroned from time to time is only half the battle. The other is understanding why they do.
Yep I know that, which is also why I was giving my thoughts on what I believe are some causes.

One reason is because other companies make sharp improvement on the original revolutionary technlogy.
Activity: 110
Merit: 16
Bitcoin's future market development can be seen, its share will be more and more, there will be more people, more countries accept bitcoin transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: