Pages:
Author

Topic: What don't you like about Banks and Banks controlling your money - page 15. (Read 5736 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Coming to what I like about Banks..
The best thing I can mention is indeed 'loan and debts'. One can finance expensive things which is usually not in his reach with bank loans. Moreover, interest rates as charged by banks are more or less within consumers reach. Most of the time, banks are cheapest mean of raising funds.
Now coming to what I not at all like about Banks..
The worst thing I can mention is indeed 'loan and debts'. From point of view of customers, banks generally manipulate customers due to their ignorance as well as own their commodity through 'hire purchases'. Most of the times, customers are not real owner of commodity until they pay off debts. While from the view of banks, usually big house as well as minor borrowers turn NPA thus contributing to the loss of national wealth.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Anyone that works at the bank can see all your account information. Monthly fees, atm fees, overdraft fees. Banks suck!

Indeed so the rules used by banks and we can not deny, of course, different from the system applied to bitcoin.
But whether system of freedom in bitcoin will change if bitcoin legality is recognized by government?
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
A bank can close withdrawals at anytime, like what happened in Greece a while ago. People could withdraw a maximum of 30 EUR per day.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Ultimately it's the law makers who are breathing so heavily on banks to make them twitchy fuckers. They're the ones who are responsible.

But yes, were I to sell a vast amount of whatever and deposit it in the bank there's a good chance it would be frozen and I'd have to justify the source of the funds. Even that might not be enough.

I wonder how many people out there truly understand that once your money enters the banking system you've completely relinquished control of it. Not too many I expect.
legendary
Activity: 2006
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
Anyone that works at the bank can see all your account information. Monthly fees, atm fees, overdraft fees. Banks suck!
Activity: 187
Merit: 103
Firsty, them deciding what is suspicious and not suspicious

Not everybody is an employee working for someone. Some people are entrepreneurs, and as an entrepreneur, you can have some HUGE days. I don't need a bank telling me that my successful day where i made $20k+ is suspicious if I want to withdraw all of it. (people have been arrested for making large withdraws before).

Also, banks freely allowing their customers to scam business (via chargeback). Instead of blindly chargingback purchases and screwing over merchants, visa applicants should be required to take a course outlining the risks of credit cards, and Visa should do proper investigations when a chargeback is brought up.

If a tracking number and proof of delivery can be proved, why should the customer be given their money back?

ALSO, i recently looked into banking investment options. It comes across as a way to just make more money off customers. Think of it like this. It's like it's just them taking your money so they can invest it in polyniex. I only tried it out cause my family (who doesn't know about bitcoins) encouraged it.

Do you have any gripes about banks
Pages:
Jump to: