Pages:
Author

Topic: What don't you like about Banks and Banks controlling your money - page 6. (Read 5736 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Modern society is a data-based society. Even your bank deposit records, the balance of deposits are not private, and how much your bank account is accounted for by big data.
Banks always serve money, and saving money to banks actually helps banks make money!
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Once you put money in the Bank you have only the illusion of owning money. After all, now you have the state can take the money freely. And if you have a large amount there, you will need to prove where you have these funds. So the banks are not good.
Activity: 95
The primary basis of the virtual currency was the anonymity and less centralisation, so it's obvious that
People who don't want those things will love the cryptospace and i personally think this crypto space is gonna explode and more people will see the actual benefits.
Activity: 105
Merit: 4
I don't like the system of deposits in my country I don't know about any other countries how they operate, but while I put my money on the deposit I cannot take it off until the term is finished, this is irritating.

When it comes to how deposits undergo verification process, I don't have any problems with that well infact I appreciate how they handle it, but when it comes to interest we recieve from the deposit we made, It's not worth it. The interest is too low while them are earning much of it.

Yeah, exactly. What most people fail to recognize with these term deposits is that they're actually losing money, just slightly less than what they'd be losing if they kept it in cash. The interest rate you get is comfortably below the inflation level, and low enough so that a bank can make a good margin on it.

Next, their "advisors" have no bloody clue about investing because they don't actually do it themselves. And if they do, it's with the prepackaged, happy-meal deals that banks give out, again, to make a profit.

So if an advisor is telling you to buy a specific asset, is it because he really thinks it's valuable, or because he makes a slightly better margin off it than the other one? What were most advisors telling their clients when their portfolios lost half their value in the internet bubble almost 20 years ago? "Buy low and you'll lower your initial investment price! It only goes up from here!"
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I don't like the system of deposits in my country I don't know about any other countries how they operate, but while I put my money on the deposit I cannot take it off until the term is finished, this is irritating.

When it comes to how deposits undergo verification process, I don't have any problems with that well infact I appreciate how they handle it, but when it comes to interest we recieve from the deposit we made, It's not worth it. The interest is too low while them are earning much of it.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
Activity: 1078
Merit: 262
what I dont like to a bank is that the interest rate of the money you deposited to them, of course you money was using by their other transactions but the money of your will no longer earn from them it is better to invest it in crypto that for sure you will earn by simply holding your money.
Activity: 664
Merit: 112
Ethernity CLOUD
all this time what I like about the bank is that I can save my money and I can borrow money from the bank. now that I have seen the crypto currency is so great and provide a lot of benefits for me. I prefer to invest in crypto currencies because the price is unstable and tends to increase every year, I can get a profit that multiplies by investing in crypto currencies.
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
What I don't like about banks is that i have to pay them to take my money out. I have to wait in line for a long ass time to get more money in my account. I'm not comfortable with banks asking me everything about me and having it stored in their systems and empolyees have access to them. What i hate most is that my money doesn't even make more money for me.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Firsty, them deciding what is suspicious and not suspicious

Not everybody is an employee working for someone. Some people are entrepreneurs, and as an entrepreneur, you can have some HUGE days. I don't need a bank telling me that my successful day where i made $20k+ is suspicious if I want to withdraw all of it. (people have been arrested for making large withdraws before).

Also, banks freely allowing their customers to scam business (via chargeback). Instead of blindly chargingback purchases and screwing over merchants, visa applicants should be required to take a course outlining the risks of credit cards, and Visa should do proper investigations when a chargeback is brought up.

If a tracking number and proof of delivery can be proved, why should the customer be given their money back?

ALSO, i recently looked into banking investment options. It comes across as a way to just make more money off customers. Think of it like this. It's like it's just them taking your money so they can invest it in polyniex. I only tried it out cause my family (who doesn't know about bitcoins) encouraged it.

Do you have any gripes about banks
I know a lot about banks and know what goes on in and out a bank, and to tell you the truth, its not good. One thing that annoys me a lot, is that they always ask for proof of funds. I mean bruh, come on. Another issue, is that they blindside people to getting a credit card and later on charging ridiculous amounts of interest and other fees. And most of the bank, have horrible e-Banking facilities, and if you have any issues, you legit have to visit the bank every now and then. Banks suck and we are forced to live along with it. They block your funds, no matter how legit they are, for no god damn reason. They will just block your funds out of the blue and claim it to be a security feature. Bitcoin is here to eliminate the usage of 3rd party intermediaries, and its not working well, for very few people believe in it.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
The reason why I dont like some banks is that in the past years, I decised to save money in the bank. Then I though it will not be reduce even cents, one day i checked my savings if it's still in the same amount, then when I saw it, I was shocked because it is all gone. Then I knew that it was hacked by some other person. I was very mad because they are responsible for my money. Then they also get interest in your savings because they said that you are using their system.

Instead of sharing your story here, you should have done something to get it back. Perhaps you withdrew the money in the past and you just forgot about it? It's really unlikely that your bank account is going to get hacked by some hacker. It's totally possible that your card was used by someone who has access to your wallet at home and used it to buy something online. You can always consult/ask the people inside the bank where did your money go. Perhaps even the transaction history of it, when and where did your funds go. If it was withdrawn, was it by you? You will know by looking at the timestamp and location of where it was withdrawn. There's so much possibilities that could have happened before you even consider that you were hacked because why would hackers target you in particular? It's also possible that there was just an error when you checked your card.

If you are sure that you're not at fault and it has an unauthorized transaction, you should have told them about it. They are probably going to do something about it. I know that they usually give it back (since they can make money out of thin air anyway AKA print as much money as they want).
Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab

Not everybody is an employee working for someone. Some people are entrepreneurs, and as an entrepreneur, you can have some HUGE days. I don't need a bank telling me that my successful day where i made $20k+ is suspicious if I want to withdraw all of it. (people have been arrested for making large withdraws before).

Also, banks freely allowing their customers to scam business (via chargeback). Instead of blindly chargingback purchases and screwing over merchants, visa applicants should be required to take a course outlining the risks of credit cards, and Visa should do proper investigations when a chargeback is brought up.

If a tracking number and proof of delivery can be proved, why should the customer be given their money back?

ALSO, i recently looked into banking investment options. It comes across as a way to just make more money off customers. Think of it like this. It's like it's just them taking your money so they can invest it in polyniex. I only tried it out cause my family (who doesn't know about bitcoins) encouraged it.

Placing your money on banks is not profitable because the scale of increase yearly if you are going to set it for time deposit is not that high so people will always prefer cryptocurrency.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254

There are many thing to not like about banks, one of my biggest problems with those institutions is that they treat your money as if it is theirs and then they put all kind of obstacles so you cannot withdraw your money, it is my money and as long as I'm not doing something illegal I want to use my money as I want but banks do not allow you to do that which is why I love bitcoin so much.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Banks keep your money safer than when you keep at home. Depositing money into the bank you also be charged interest every month, every year to deposit savings. But the thing that I feel most dissatisfied bank today two things:
1. The bank allows the bankruptcy declaration when its assets are deposited into a bank. By the time the bank lost their money lost.
2. Personal accounts are still stolen and lost due to loose bank management.
It's correct. I usually try to avoid banks and their services on loans, since then you just can not get out of this ambiguity. Please carefully consider whether your finances are deficient. Absolutely careful.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
The reason why I dont like some banks is that in the past years, I decised to save money in the bank. Then I though it will not be reduce even cents, one day i checked my savings if it's still in the same amount, then when I saw it, I was shocked because it is all gone. Then I knew that it was hacked by some other person. I was very mad because they are responsible for my money. Then they also get interest in your savings because they said that you are using their system.
Activity: 80
Bank also charge monthly fee for keeping but bitcoin provide cheaper fee than fiat which is my advantage to open my online shop for more profit !
Activity: 79
You know what i prefer to save my money on my bedroom instead of saving them out there, maybe if i had lot of money i will consider it.
Activity: 80
But yes, were I to sell a vast amount of whatever and deposit it in the bank there's a good chance it would be frozen and I'd have to justify the source of the funds. Even that might not be enough.

I wonder how many people out there truly understand that once your money enters the banking system you've completely relinquished control of it. Not too many I expect.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Banks keep your money safer than when you keep at home. Depositing money into the bank you also be charged interest every month, every year to deposit savings. But the thing that I feel most dissatisfied bank today two things:
1. The bank allows the bankruptcy declaration when its assets are deposited into a bank. By the time the bank lost their money lost.
2. Personal accounts are still stolen and lost due to loose bank management.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
My hate is irrational charge on service provided. Like they make irrelevant deductions from the use of the ATM, high fees but on sms.

More importantly I have a fear. My fear is defrauding of my money by collaborating staff.
Pages:
Jump to: