Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 40. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin relies on the internet, and the power of computers around the world to power the transactions and iner-workings of the BTC. If the internet "goes down", there will be nothing left to power the whole BTC process, causing it to breakdown.
Agreed, Bitcoin and the internet overall are so linked that it's hard to imagine bitcoin continuing effectively without internet, it would be golden for paper money and gold in general since they would become the only universally accepted currencies.
Activity: 224
Defender of Bitcoin
Bitcoin is dependent on electricity, computing power and Internet network. If something out of these fails we are back to exchanging cash  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If the internet goes down, bitcoin is the last thing the whole world would be thinking about. It would be total chaos!

Actually you are right, if the internet goes down. The new era will begin without internet. i don't know what will happen on that day if the internet goes down. and bitcoin's life is because internet though.
Activity: 154
If the internet goes down, bitcoin is the last thing the whole world would be thinking about. It would be total chaos!

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
if internet goes down that mean bitcoin will down too and useless because i didn't see other way how to use bitcoin without internet connections and i thought this is terrible things because we can't access internet and can't do anything to solve these situations
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
Bitcoin relies on the internet, and the power of computers around the world to power the transactions and iner-workings of the BTC. If the internet "goes down", there will be nothing left to power the whole BTC process, causing it to breakdown.
You are right. But the chances for entire Internet goes into off-line is zero. Because Internet is not running from one single computer. Power shutdown is not possible for all over the world so internet will stay alive in some part of the world.
Activity: 476
Well with a war happening ont the begining of such stage,i believe some people would die before the war even start,some had invested all economies at it,imagine you wont be able to get it or to the bitcoin get hacked since the hash would be providind the huge protection as before,soo if internert returns it would be a hit and a depply hit into bitcoin .
legendary
Activity: 1722
who cares, there will be riots people starving mass deaths.. bitcoin and fiat will be the last of your problems.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
What happens? I really don't know but at my opinion bitcoin will be destroyed cause nobody will mine, trade and also it's not smth material so i guess bitcoin will dissapere.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
if internet goes down, sure bitcoin too goes down...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

internet is available in certain locations of the world, you wouldn't be thinking about bitcoin if there was a nuclear war going on. You would just stop all the trading and whatever transactions you could make with internet. Once something happens that depends on life or death, money and bitcoin doesn't mean anything anymore.
Activity: 462
Merit: 273
Activity: 448
Of course if internet goes down, Bitcoin will also down,and bitcoin will stuck on wallet,and people loat their mind Grin

Yes everything will go down, so the bitcoin will also go down no doubts about that but the other currency will also be down.
Alot is going threw the online things, like stockings and they will also be down so everything will be down..
Activity: 294
Of course if internet goes down, Bitcoin will also down,and bitcoin will stuck on wallet,and people loat their mind Grin
Activity: 476
I doubt another war would happen because all knows the damage they may cause to the world,soo they can kill humanity with nuclear arms.Soo the last thing you would thing if that happen would be at internet,bitcoin,or any other way you would be scared to sleep and either to be alive.Bitcoin would be frozen i wouldnt say dead because after the war who survive can restore the internet ,the thing is who will be alive of the bitcoin holders?
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
This is one of the most important disadvantages of technologies based 100% on Internet connection, and taking into account the realistic possibilities of potential disasters of this nature, bitcoin and all cryptos would fail to survive to these apocalyptic scenarios, but fortunately people would become more supportive and cooperative to survive.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
The internet is disaster proof since it was initiated by Al Gore in the 70's and created by Army to survive aftr a nuclear blast. So I don't think it can be brought down that easily  Cheesy
Activity: 420
It would be very bad for the bitcoin because than the bitcoin is worthless like other currency's of course.
It would destroy the bitcoin for sure without no doubts about that.
Activity: 126
Bitcoin will go dormant till the internet is brought back online and will build up just like every other commodity as the world gets its bearing. Seems like a odd question to pose,to me it seems obvious like asking what happens when I turn out the lights?

Not quite.
Since the internet won't be brought back up simultaneously everywhere, the first miners to go online will have the option of 51% attack/doublespend/fork/etc., etc.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Bitcoin will go dormant till the internet is brought back online and will build up just like every other commodity as the world gets its bearing. Seems like a odd question to pose,to me it seems obvious like asking what happens when I turn out the lights?
Pages:
Jump to: