Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 43. (Read 34295 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
then the next phase of decentralization would occur - mesh networks. You have a radio tower in your home, right now - your wifi router.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Nothing. You still have your private keys, your addresses, and you're still in control of your bitcoins. You just cannot spend it just yet.

That's also means bitcoin without internet connection will be vainly.
Imagine that sometime internet connection disappear. Will be so terrible with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

We go back to gold.
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
The information will still be there, although transactions will stop. If Bitcoin is of enough interest in a situation like that (probably there will be much more other things to care about if Internet goes down), probably a radio system or other way to register transactions and continue on might be invented. Perhaps producing forks lol.

But if it is a temporary downtime, it will just continue when connection goes up again.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Nothing. You still have your private keys, your addresses, and you're still in control of your bitcoins. You just cannot spend it just yet.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
bitcoin indirectly with the internet related to one another , if there is no internet can not do the transaction , and not only bitcoin who require internet , banks only need the Internet to conduct transactions . hopefully in the future there is a bitcoin stores , which can make transactions directly , it does not require internet
Well it will be incredibly difficult to make any transactions without internet using Bitcoin. If you intend on transacting almost peer to peer but technically "outside" of the blockchain, if there was a single central system for Bitcoin transactions that could be withdrawn at a later point, that would work. But chances are having a system like that exist are extremely slim, and it just doesn't make sense to have a system like that in place.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Nakedbitcoins.com !
bitcoin indirectly with the internet related to one another , if there is no internet can not do the transaction , and not only bitcoin who require internet , banks only need the Internet to conduct transactions . hopefully in the future there is a bitcoin stores , which can make transactions directly , it does not require internet

This is most likely the case as I see it. The transactions will take place between end users and the business at the end of the day.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
Turn your financial ideas into reality
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Well we will not longer be able to trade in Bitcoin although if the internet completely went down then we are in for a storm of problems.
It might be the biggest problems for the Bitcoins lovers, if the internet goes down, but it will sure not happen because now the whole world is using internet for various activities and services. If the internet will go down then it will effect the whole lot of services running through the internet.
Activity: 406
No Internet, no bitcoin, no transactions.

I think it will not happen on this scale (globally) but a country without internet could be possible some day.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
Hope Russia dosent attack!  Shocked
Activity: 493
Live by your own rules
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
bitcoin without the internet would not be alive, there will be no confirmation, and there will be no deal, that's why bitcoin also called internet money, but we will never know what will happen if this is really the case, it could be scientists created bitcoin transactions without the internet.
Activity: 476
Nothing will happen. The market of bitcoin will just stop as soon as the internet goes down.
When that happens we got bigger things to worry about then money, so there won't be any time to panic about bitcoin
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
I think if internet goes down bitcoin will be decrease the value. We can't use bitcoin anymore

Ok, I'll be capt. obvious.
If there is no internet, the exchanges wouldn't work too well, so there's no price discovery which means there would be no change in bitcoin value either way.
Best described as not up, not down, just undefined.
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
If the Internet goes down, the Amish community will be the only ones going about life as usual  Wink perhaps trading bitcoins using paper wallets?

One paper wallet some guy handed out might be valuable, but the other 999 he gave out would be double spends when the blockchain came back online.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin may be alive but very limited and not anymore decentralized
If i were the OP i would change the sentence order like this:
"What happens to internet if bitcoin goes down"
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I think if internet goes down bitcoin will be decrease the value. We can't use bitcoin anymore

Well frankly there wouldn't be a decrease in value since if that happens bitcoin would have no value at all.

I guess there are ways to run the software still, maybe satellite connections and satellite miners ?
the price would be a trillion dollars per bitcoin then ..lol
Activity: 658
i guess that bitcoin to be down, even bankruptcy.
because all of bitcoin transaction is require internet connection  Grin

yeah i think so, for now bitcoin is still dependent on an internet connection to the transaction,
how to fix to be used while offline?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

Well frankly there wouldn't be a decrease in value since if that happens bitcoin would have no value at all.

Activity: 672
Pages:
Jump to: