Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to unshared bounty tokens? - page 2. (Read 6466 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 1
January 26, 2019, 04:19:25 PM
One of the biggest issues  that most projects team have, is lack of transparency. Although, they own the token and it is their right, but they know very well that if they claim they have the sole right to do whatever they like, the they might not get good support from the community or investors.
I expect that they disclose what they intend doing with all this tokens, so that they can earn more trusts.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
January 26, 2019, 04:10:30 PM
Very often we cannot trace where Unallocated tokens disappear. Project managers say they're burned,and in fact, these tokens were distributed to several dozen addresses belonging to managers.We need a clear state control over the ICO.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
January 26, 2019, 03:55:48 PM
As far as I know, the team must burn the remaining tokens and this must be made public. If they somehow retain the unshared tokens then something is shady among that team and I would advice to stay away from the project. I encourage everyone who knows about projects who didin't burn the unshared tokens from bounty to post here the details.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
January 26, 2019, 03:47:44 PM
Many bounty managers introduce a KYC check for bounty hunters in order to weed out scams and distribute the reward only between honest members. With this approach, all coins are distributed equally. In my opinion, if there are Unallocated coins, then such a project is unfair.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
January 26, 2019, 03:24:08 PM
Most likely they would accumulate it and send it split part in all those bounty hunters. I think that is a wise move for the team. But if they only have small portion of the token, they would burn it immediately, they send it on an unknown address and cannot be recovered.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
January 24, 2019, 05:57:58 PM
I often question that and honestly I am very curious about the answer but I think there is actually no right answer because everything can change at any time, so I decided to wait and if it doesn't change anything then I will try to forget it

I think there is no right answer to say. because almost all of them experience this, and those who know the answer are of course the project. because those who do not share the token are the project, so the use of tokens that are not shared must certainly ask the parties concerned
copper member
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
January 24, 2019, 05:48:39 PM
Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What happens to unallocated bounty tokens?
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
Where do these tokens then go to?

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.
So stakes should not be calculated for cheaters.

This is just my opinion, it is opened to discussion.
What do you think?

Processing KYC should be the first thing to comply to trigger earlier those cheaters participants in bounties. If those cheaters have shares of stakes it's very unfair to those hunters doing proper participation with respect the rules, so they should be eliminate in the first place.

And those failed to do KYC, it depends on the team or BM handling the project. Some token was automatic added to other participants or they burned that token.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Custom Contract Network (CCN)
January 24, 2019, 05:33:53 PM
This your suggestion has merits, unfortunately not all bounty managers are honest, many of them intentionally bring in the issue of KYC and screening after they have already calculated all the tokens so that there would be leftover for them because some people are bound to fail.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
January 24, 2019, 05:33:08 PM
Undistributed tokens are returned to team members and they have the sole discretion on what to do with them, it should also be noted that there may be other bounties even after token sales to promote awareness about the project.They can be put into such use
As a rule, those tokens that are not distributed at the sales stages are burning. Only low-quality projects keep tokens for themselves
It seems to me that, to a greater extent, it is new projects that today have no support in society. Only isolated cases show good results in the cryptocurrency market, And all other coins are unclaimed and are not sold anywhere.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 24, 2019, 05:22:26 PM
Undistributed tokens are returned to team members and they have the sole discretion on what to do with them, it should also be noted that there may be other bounties even after token sales to promote awareness about the project.They can be put into such use
As a rule, those tokens that are not distributed at the sales stages are burning. Only low-quality projects keep tokens for themselves
Activity: 92
January 24, 2019, 05:07:57 PM
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
January 24, 2019, 05:07:35 PM
One good idea that I have is to burn the tokens that werent used for bounty rewards. Managers should get only their static reward for their work.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 24, 2019, 05:04:22 PM
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
In such cases, these tokens must be distributed to honest bounty participants or burned.

Burning decision will be fair than distributing among bounty hunters. On some cases bounty participants are not respecting to terms of project and they sell for cheap prices.

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.

What do you think?
It seems to me that in most cases someone appropriates these tokens to themselves)

Bounty managers should be tagged negatively by DT members if such cases are still actual.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
January 24, 2019, 04:54:31 PM
I honestly have not met a bounty company that first count steaks and the number of tokens, and then instead of sending people these tokens, just cut them.
Activity: 443
Merit: 100
January 24, 2019, 03:59:23 PM
there is usually an error from the bounty manager or team of the project so that income from the bounty is not distributed. tokens will be in one of them and this is what we often call fraud.for the time being, not infrequently the project does not provide results from work on bounty hunters but most of them do not get success from the projects they handle.
Activity: 420
January 24, 2019, 03:54:48 PM
If tokens all the allocated tokens are truly distributed to honest bounty hunter, it would have been the best and it will go a long way to foster more honesty in bounty.
The issue with some projects is lack of transparency and they most times do not reveal or make known to the public, what will be done with the left over tokens.
Activity: 588
Bounty Detective
January 24, 2019, 03:50:40 PM
The idea that TS offers is reasonable and correct, but it will not be interesting to bounty managers and those projects that conduct a bounty campaign on their own. I think the cause is not necessary to write Grin Wink
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 24, 2019, 03:39:25 PM
In such cases, these tokens must be distributed to honest bounty participants or burned.

What do you think?
It seems to me that in most cases someone appropriates these tokens to themselves)
Activity: 490
January 24, 2019, 03:34:38 PM
Usually, bounty-tokens that were not distributed to members of the bounty for any reason - the team leaves in its reserve fund. In other words - the team assigns them and puts it in their own pocket. I have not heard a single case that these tokens were distributed to other participants of the bounty.
Activity: 292
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
January 24, 2019, 03:07:37 PM
Often, this process will be completed before the announcement of the final spreadsheet.
Of course at that time the shares were divided equally for the rest.
Pages:
Jump to: