Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to unshared bounty tokens? - page 4. (Read 6466 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2
January 19, 2019, 07:58:39 PM
This is a very interesting topic to discuss, because it has been my concern since i started discovering bounty campaigns with leftovers.
Sometimes, the determinant might be the agreement between the bounty manager and the team.
If the team of the project hands over the distribution to the bounty manager, then he has all the authority to decide on what to do.
The same thing is also applicable to the team.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
January 19, 2019, 07:49:58 PM
Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What happens to unallocated bounty tokens?
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
Where do these tokens then go to?

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.
So stakes should not be calculated for cheaters.

This is just my opinion, it is opened to discussion.
What do you think?
Some bounties certainly have their own rules regarding the tokens they will share. If filtering occurs, of course they have a reason to do that. Because more fraudulent bounty users are increasing and participants don't understand what the other participants will overwrite at all. An unallocated bounty token issue might be retrieved by the bounty owner.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
January 19, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
And I never thought about this topic, because I participated only in bounty companies, when first they check everything and only then they put the shares and the number of tokens.
Activity: 526
Merit: 100
markaccy.io
January 19, 2019, 06:50:54 PM
Tokens are not burned, but distributed to other teams. tokens that are burned are unsold tokens.
usually prices will change but now this debate is not important because the bounty even postpones payments or delays exchanges.
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
January 19, 2019, 02:15:45 PM
From my experience, undistributed tokens from bounty campaigns were either considered as unsold tokens and burned or they were returned to reserves.

Yep. Besides that, unshared bounty tokens can be shared with the bounty management team who are willing to accept payment using token from the related project. CMIIW~
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
January 19, 2019, 02:00:58 PM
And do see bounty campaign not sharing all the token allocated for the bounty, I think no. They will find a way to solve that since they are most calculate on percent and each campaign share the percentage allocate to them.
Activity: 431
Merit: 18
January 19, 2019, 01:49:45 PM
Bounty distribution is either done by stakes or tokens.
In the case of stakes, the total application will be shared irrespective of how many hunters  participate in the campaign.
In the case of tokens there will most likely be tokens left that isn't distributed and that will likely return to the team for the project development.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 19, 2019, 09:34:36 AM
Those stakes are also counted for the bounty hunters who are eligible, if not, then developer burns those coins. This is not a matter which we think about. Most of the times, there is a total allocation and those are distributed as per stakes.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
January 19, 2019, 09:25:45 AM
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.

What do you think?

this of course depends on who shares the tokens, of course, for most managers submit spreadsheets to the ico team, and most of the ico teams share them. except for a few managers who are given full rights to it.
it's possible that the manager will have the token
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
January 19, 2019, 08:57:15 AM

What do you think?
I think if in a project there is a screening of participants who pass KYC, multi accounts, preferably the rest of the tokens are redistributed to participants who are loyal and fulfill all their rules.
Activity: 434
SESSIA
January 19, 2019, 08:35:24 AM
Basicly team keep this amount for own purposes or sometimes burn as unclaimed tokens. In recent  times there are cuts of pools in case of small amount of participants. Bounty management don't respect community and always prolong bounties and cut rewards!
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
January 19, 2019, 08:29:33 AM
From my experience, undistributed tokens from bounty campaigns were either considered as unsold tokens and burned or they were returned to reserves.

Those tokens should be redistributed to the legit bounty hunters.

That's right, it is possible that it is impossible to get rid of it from somewhere and I don't expect it to lose anyone's money, I hope someone can do anything to handle it. Chances are that it is good, but now I only see the bad side from it  Embarrassed
Activity: 271
January 19, 2019, 08:19:40 AM
I am agree. Before distributing the stake, bounty manager should integrating between KYC and KYC approval. Right now, looks reward from unqualified hunters KYC, back to developers team and for development the project.

I hope to overcome that from the crypto market for the prices of altcoin that are very low, and that happens. That may be different if the previous fluctuations were not so heavy, and I am very sad for that problem  Cry
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
January 19, 2019, 08:03:34 AM
Agree on this, there are so many tokens who were left undistributed.
Some Team do tell what will happen to those tokens or get another bounty plan.
But some are not and they dont lend time to participants.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
January 19, 2019, 07:54:05 AM
I think those tokens will be reserved for their team and they will sell it when it has the  high value. They have many reasons for this, we can't interfere with it and hope its price will go up
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
January 19, 2019, 07:25:55 AM
I totally agree with your suggestion TS to do the screening first before computing the stakes. We are joining a Bounty hoping that we can have maximum compensation that we can have but because of these cheaters, the stakes sometimes divided and what you will get is just a little portion of it. Though some checkers work hard to disqualify proven cheaters before the distribution of stakes but not all checkers are like that.
The risk of following a bounty is that we don't get paid, it happens to lots of bounties. In the beginning, we certainly felt interested because there were so many good offers, but many bounties were running away because the developers did not run the projects they had. This is a risk that we can achieve, but if we choose the right project, we can get good results. Choose a bounty that does have the possibility to get success, when the project won the hardcap then we had a great opportunity to reach the bounty with tokens fairly and well.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
January 19, 2019, 07:19:49 AM

What do you think?
I also supported what you said about stakes not to be calculated before screening process are completed because the failed participant's token ought to be share among the genuine bounty hunters. This is why every bounty hunters must first put the bounty manager experience and reputation into consideration before joining any bounty. However, this why is choose to work iwantapony.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
January 18, 2019, 10:52:13 PM
This is a bad scheme employs by bounty manager, they should first do the KYC screening before the bounty hunters start campaigning and not after so the bounty hunters will not waste his time, this bounty hunters should be tagged for implementing this .
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
January 18, 2019, 10:37:02 PM
I totally agree with your suggestion TS to do the screening first before computing the stakes. We are joining a Bounty hoping that we can have maximum compensation that we can have but because of these cheaters, the stakes sometimes divided and what you will get is just a little portion of it. Though some checkers work hard to disqualify proven cheaters before the distribution of stakes but not all checkers are like that.
Activity: 798
January 18, 2019, 08:36:23 PM
I am agree. Before distributing the stake, bounty manager should integrating between KYC and KYC approval. Right now, looks reward from unqualified hunters KYC, back to developers team and for development the project.
Pages:
Jump to: