Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 40. (Read 5108 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 03, 2017, 04:49:43 PM
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
Most coins are all locked into their wallet folders and can't get spent when the holder dies. There will be a bunch of burnt coins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 04:44:23 PM
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
I have given some of my family to my wallet's address. If I die in some way then they may spend the family with my bitcoin. Humans are just mortal. So how do I get my bitcoin after I die? And what will I do with bitcoin after death? So it has been arranged that it is useful.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
December 03, 2017, 04:03:15 PM

Most people will have their coins sitting in their wallet when the die. I am not sure what i'd do with mines.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
December 03, 2017, 02:34:02 PM

We'll it's a tough question. My partner knows all my access. My accounts, my passwords and my gmail accounts. So whatever happens, I have an assurance that my earnings will go to a good hand. I won't have any doubt because my partner knows how hard it is for me to earn bitcoins. I am actually saving it for their future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
December 03, 2017, 02:27:36 PM
There are options to ensure your coins live on. You could keep your private keys in a safety deposit box and arrange for a beneficiary to get a copy of your key upon your death.
Activity: 214
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 01:25:11 PM
I've written instructions for my wife on how to use & access my hardware wallet in case she ever needed to. It's a bit morbid to think about but it's always a good idea to give a trusted love one the ability to access your crypto in case of any unfortunate circumstances.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
December 03, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
It depends on case to case basis scenarios like for example your family or in my case I still don't have children but if that happens I will burden all my btc with me than knowing of my child what I am really doing when I'm still alive I can't accept the fact that they will know about bitcoin but if they know it someday on their own I will teach everything I know about this
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

bitcoin and all your cryptocurrency funds will also die and follow you, because no one will be able to access your wallet without knowing your password or private key wallet. it is important for us to tell your grandchildren or heirs so that later if you die then the funds you save can be utilized them as well.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
December 03, 2017, 11:34:19 AM
If ever i die i would tell to my love ones about it and i will give my password so they could open my account and get my bitcoin...and i will teach them how to manage my account..
I dont know maybe i will think about it, or maybe soon i will teach my siblings about bitcoin and i will give my some account to them. Also it can help to them to have extra income when they manage my accounts. Or else i will store my coin and tell to my parent my password and tell them about it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
December 03, 2017, 11:25:14 AM

No I did not even tell my mom that I have bitcoin and that I earned through it.  Maybe now that it was brought up I am thinking if I could teach my niece or nephew to use bitcoin.  I will likewise teach them my pasword or even my email address.  My special someone already knows about bitcoin and he likewise have an account.
Activity: 547
Merit: 253
December 03, 2017, 11:08:21 AM
Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well i guess that they will also transfer it in their accounts. I already taught them on what's inside the bitcoin world, on how to earn and grain profits from my capital. I would also want to sell it first before i die. And i know that they will cash it out in able for them to be comfortable and relaxed for the money that need to spent in my burial. Maybe some of them will invest but i know that they will get the balance of my account and they will transfer it to their own accounts.
Activity: 133
Merit: 37
December 03, 2017, 11:01:35 AM
I'm still too young and not gonna die anytime soon :-p
Anyway I'm not storing my bitcoin in any hard to reach way so my heirs would find the private keys when they search my staff after I die :3
Activity: 630
December 03, 2017, 10:56:36 AM
Any body who have bitcoin then he must to make some detail in which he has to define the website name, login id system , all security criteria, where it can sell  how can transfer from here to another wallet, password etc. And after that detail should have your trusted family member because after you that detail will help to withdraw your bitcoin and that bitcoin will become usable.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
December 03, 2017, 10:49:37 AM
If ever i die i would tell to my love ones about it and i will give my password so they could open my account and get my bitcoin...and i will teach them how to manage my account..
When i started to use bitcoin, i think that when something happen to me, what will happen to my savings, so i make plan i write my account and password in notebook then, i tell to my mom and my sister about it. And i talk to my sister to try bitcoin and use my account, so both of us is earning.
Activity: 294
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
December 03, 2017, 10:39:28 AM
LOL. Maybe I'll sell it all before I die then give all the money for my family asap Smiley). But maybe I can teach my family member about how to use it then give them all the information about the wallet I'm using to keep my Bitcoin before I passed away. LOL. But I'm still very young at the moment so I think I'll think about this later, maybe in next 50 years. LOL
Activity: 179
December 03, 2017, 09:36:34 AM
I have long thought of what will happen to my savings after death. I'm going to save the data of my wallets and other things, and deposit it in the bank. In advance, I will teach my children and relatives how to use crypto-currency. Therefore, I can be calm for my family.  Smiley
Activity: 210
December 03, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

This is very important topic actually. we should teach our beloved how to use bitcoins if something happens to us. otherwise everything will go to trash.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
December 03, 2017, 08:57:51 AM
this is a very good discussion and i will like to see different person opinion on this subject of matter. however, i think it is better for everyone to know that bitcoin is an asset. just like cars, houses and money. so how do you intend to plan how you want your asset to be when you die?. just the way you write will then your money in your btc wallet should be included in your will as well. your will may consist your private key which must be known by only you and your lawyer. just my own view.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 08:51:17 AM

Yeah, it is good question. It will be better to take access to your wife/husband to avoid this situation Smiley so it is nice idea Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 08:47:54 AM
Woooow...I never thought of this before now. This is a clarion call to ensure that our loved ones get acquainted with the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: