Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 8. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
After loosing 2 quite young fellows in a year I realized that it can not be predicted and expected when exactly you can die, especially accidently.

So yes, I taught my wife how to access my personal wallets and accounts and gave an access to business account and data to relevant people.

It is important, better do this and never use than don't do and cause difficulties for your family and colleagues.
copper member
Activity: 131
Merit: 6
I could probably gave this to my family who knows how to used this. That's all I can say☺
Activity: 225
Merit: 107
before i die will tell all of my relatives about bitcoin and teach theam how to do it
Activity: 126
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
When we die our bitcoin stay alone no one can get or any member of family and friends will heirs it
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
No of course. I am the only one who knows how to access my digital wallet because i do not want my holdings to get compromised. I wanted to earn in my investment without them letting them to interfere. And i could not also talk about dying since it will not likely to happen for now. ANyway we all know that death is like a thief that could come anytime without letting us notice. But somehow my bitcoin holding is not that big and it is only good for self interest and needs. And if ever i have big holdings in bitcoin probably i am going to let my family know about it as to teach them also on how to trade or exchange or sell in to real money or fiat money. Because if not then the bitcoin holdings will be put into waste.
Activity: 168
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

Yes, I taught my wife to open an account and withdraw my bitcoin when I was unable to do, I also writed in detail what needed in the paper and kept it in the place we agreed.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Like any other asset i own i'd like it to go to my family but with the way bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work i dont know if that will be possible for everyone.  I have backups of my private keys just in case my computer goes to shit so thats one way they can be recovered.  But for many other people i feel like if they die then their bitcoin/crypto will be gone forever since they never set up a way for their family to access them.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
No of course. I am the only one who knows how to access my digital wallet because i do not want my holdings to get compromised. I wanted to earn in my investment without them letting them to interfere. And i could not also talk about dying since it will not likely to happen for now. ANyway we all know that death is like a thief that could come anytime without letting us notice. But somehow my bitcoin holding is not that big and it is only good for self interest and needs. And if ever i have big holdings in bitcoin probably i am going to let my family know about it as to teach them also on how to trade or exchange or sell in to real money or fiat money. Because if not then the bitcoin holdings will be put into waste.
Sad to say but it will be nothing and wait until someone got to open my account. I'm the only one who has an access to it no one even my family and friends knows it. But if I will be sick and nothing can cure me I will be giving my account to the person I love the most so that my bitcoin will still be valuable.
Activity: 182
Nobody will open my account as I dont give my private key to anyone else. But I am planning to teach my parents about bitcoin atleast they will be benefited on my hard work.
Activity: 191
Before i die i will teach my family , i will give to them my wallet . I will sure that it can help to them before i die ..  I will Make sure that they're have a allowances for they're life.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
When you die without saving your wallet details for someone or heir to get access to,then you bitcoin is gone forever. Before i die i will teach my family members on how to access my bitcoin account.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

Perhaps this kind of preparation has not come to my consciousness because I am still very young right now. There is no point talking about death for now. Perhaps the day will come for me to finally think of it. But if something will happen, it is not only me who knows about Bitcoin in my family. My brother is also into it and he knows everything about my portfolio.
Activity: 267
Merit: 110
My bitcoin still my investment if I die. My account known by my wife  because this is not only my invest, this is our investment. So I really don't worry what will be happen to my bitcoin. Everything should be known by our spouse specially in the business we entering.

This is a very good question and worry able which has to ask from everyone from himself. who knows, any time or anywhere were gonna die, only  god knows when is the end of life of every person, so start from now if you are a bitcoin user don't hesitate to share and to tell them about the details of your account of bitcoin in case of of what happen or unexpected  circumstances.
Activity: 93
If I die, for sure my Bitcoin Investment will be left in the cloud. It’s still there but my family cannot claim it because of the security precautions made by the wallet developer. Therefore it’s best to keep some back-up file somewhere together with the instruction on how to claim it when your gone.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
Unfortunately i am the only one who knows how to access my bitcoin wallet and never did i told my family members in it since they are not techie also when it comes computer or the system. They were only used to know how to browse the need doing facebook, youtube and etc. but with bitcoin forum and the access of bitcoin wallet probably they could learn but this will take some time before they can access the wallet for bitcoin. For now since i am not yet and investors and still just hoping that i could get some money to invest in bitcoin so i am not yet exposing my digital wallet. But later if there are thousands in the digital wallet probably i will teach specially my wife in accessing bitcoin digital wallet.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
I dislike thinking in worst case scenario because I am an eternal optimist and as a result I haven't setup any way for my family to retrieve my bitcoin. I hope to do that in the next year or two but only when the amount of $ is worth doing something like that. Right now it is a nominal amount that my family can go without but if it reaches a tipping point then for me I would make the video then. God no I wouldn't want to take it with me and deprive the world of the BTC I had that would be plain wrong. Tongue
Bitcoin as a decentralized system is very good for safety purpose for being untouchable at any other party, but there is a consequence if time of the holder's death, since its a peer to peer transaction and no other party involve then its impossible for the heirs to trace the transaction. Therefore it is very important to plan and have working instruction dedicated for our heirs for them to know how to claim our hidden assets in crypto world.
Activity: 43
Im hoping if no one claim their bitcoin treasure after they pass away it should be donated
To some good organizations or share to the world. Grin
Activity: 254

where the bitcoin deposits are all gone, if you die today. whereas all the private key only gan know. whether it will be stored in the wallet forever tau will be burned or even bitcoin agan will return to mr satoshi he2 or maybe there kemungkinnan other. let's talk2. before our bitcoin becomes a treasure in cyberspace if we die today  Smiley

Make sure you have back up about private key and everything that your family can acces it. to make sure to crypto is not burned when you die
Activity: 68

where the bitcoin deposits are all gone, if you die today. whereas all the private key only gan know. whether it will be stored in the wallet forever tau will be burned or even bitcoin agan will return to mr satoshi he2 or maybe there kemungkinnan other. let's talk2. before our bitcoin becomes a treasure in cyberspace if we die today  Smiley
Activity: 490
For now If something bad happens to me, my bitcoins will be left on the blockchain because I have no backup plan nor have revealed to anyone about my investment in bitcoins. However, I plan to include that into my inheritance or my last will to my family and show them how to access my private key to all my crypto investment. Most important is for me to start training my son on how to use blockchain technology for transactions so he become familiar with bitcoins , and as a results he could handle my bitcoins ,in case I transit into the world beyond.
Pages:
Jump to: