Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens when ETH is the #1 coin? - page 3. (Read 3535 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
July 26, 2017, 11:54:43 AM
I'm not sure how ETH could ever take over BTC when it's moving up and down with BTC price. It's not as independent and it seems like it relies on BTC.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
July 26, 2017, 10:52:01 AM
There is no way ETH will overtake bitcoin there is lots of hackers attacking on ethereum platform like coindash lost 7 million and coinbase also recently attacked . Even after ethereum hardfork its not improved but it is not bad it will be in second position.
The hack was not the fault of Ethereum. Coindash hack was their problem because they could not secure their website during the Ico, same with parity. In coinbase case also, the drop in the price of Eth was due to coinbase software glitch and not because of Ethereum.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 10:00:53 AM
There is no way ETH will overtake bitcoin there is lots of hackers attacking on ethereum platform like coindash lost 7 million and coinbase also recently attacked . Even after ethereum hardfork its not improved but it is not bad it will be in second position.
Activity: 546
July 25, 2017, 03:24:42 AM
if eth becomes too expensive, it becomes a strange coin to power dencetralize apps
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 02:40:29 AM
I don't know  but I think never be no# 1 in crypto.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
July 25, 2017, 02:01:24 AM
Mark My word ETH will be Next King IF if if .... Bitcoin Split then for sure ETH will take over position of Bitcoin
No one ever knew when but i can say one thing this could be happened soon !!! Just Chilled  Grin
I disagree, if bitcoin split and supposing that made a lot of damage to the image of bitcoin and it never recovered, the next in line is not Ethereum, the next in line is Litecoin, which is basically bitcoin with segwit activated already so we will continue as usual except that the name of the coin most people support will change slightly, Ethereum is a good technology but it is not a currency.
Why next subjects is Litecoin? I know Litecoin is version 2.0 of Bitcoin and it just have mission PR, support or testing SegWit helps Bitcoin. Ethereum really best choice after Bitcoin SegWit2x and get some error
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
July 25, 2017, 01:34:23 AM
ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

I'd say ICOs would get more feverish too, but these are already pretty insane.
While I never had any doubts that ETH was not going to surpass bitcoin anytime soon it is incredible how fast things change in the world of cryptocurrencies, one month ago people actually thought that ETH had a chance to surpass bitcoin and now look at the difference in the market cap, it is huge and it is going to get even bigger, this show us that is OK to be optimistic but we must set limits to it or we may fool ourselves with our predictions.

I still stand by the first part; I'm still convinced ETH will overtake bitcoin in marketcap. And I still think there's a reasonable chance it will happen by the end of the year. I was wrong to say 'certainly', though!
Once bitcoin calms down (and fingers crossed it's soon, Segwit support is still at 100% https://xbt.eu/ ) , and once any remaining 'sell the news' is over, I think we'll be back to another bull market for ETH. But yes, I got carried away with 'certainly by the end of the year'. How about 'possibly this year, probably (but not definitely) next year'?  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
July 25, 2017, 12:39:07 AM
This post makes the supposition that Ethereum is preordained to dethrone BTC, which I believe is not necessarily the case for multiple reasons. Just like any other market, when one market participant gains too much market share or appreciates too much competition materializes out of woodwork and brings the profitability down as you would expect.  

1. There are several other cryptos that are targeting the crowdfunding markets including Waves (see https://wavesplatform.com) and  Ardor/Nxt (see https://www.ardorplatform.org) that are thought of highly by many crypto investors and have much lower market caps.  

2. Rootstock is coming which will give Bitcoin smart contract capability, please see http://www.rsk.co. This could put a dent in Ethereum's market share.

I have invested in ETH, and XCP, WAVES, ANS as potential competitors and am considering UBIQ as a new investment.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
July 24, 2017, 11:10:28 PM
Mark My word ETH will be Next King IF if if .... Bitcoin Split then for sure ETH will take over position of Bitcoin
No one ever knew when but i can say one thing this could be happened soon !!! Just Chilled  Grin
I disagree, if bitcoin split and supposing that made a lot of damage to the image of bitcoin and it never recovered, the next in line is not Ethereum, the next in line is Litecoin, which is basically bitcoin with segwit activated already so we will continue as usual except that the name of the coin most people support will change slightly, Ethereum is a good technology but it is not a currency.
Activity: 166
July 20, 2017, 11:25:31 PM
ETH isn't a coin but a technology. Look at Enterprise Ethereum Alliance. They're moving Ethereum forward, not specutalions.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 20, 2017, 10:02:18 PM
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
July 20, 2017, 09:24:49 PM
ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

I'd say ICOs would get more feverish too, but these are already pretty insane.
While I never had any doubts that ETH was not going to surpass bitcoin anytime soon it is incredible how fast things change in the world of cryptocurrencies, one month ago people actually thought that ETH had a chance to surpass bitcoin and now look at the difference in the market cap, it is huge and it is going to get even bigger, this show us that is OK to be optimistic but we must set limits to it or we may fool ourselves with our predictions.
Activity: 249
July 20, 2017, 04:24:45 PM
If we're talking about market capitalization of ethereum to pass bitcoin's market capitalization, this is totally possible, but don't forget that the increase in the total number of coins is bigger in ethereum.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
June 13, 2017, 12:51:46 PM
Just to clarify again for those who thought I meant something else... I wasn't talking about ETH being more important than BTC, or more expensive per coin, or about the extent to which marketcap is an indicator of inherent worth.

I just meant will there be a media reaction when ETH becomes #1 in marketcap, and if so will this be good for crypto as a whole?
Activity: 420
June 13, 2017, 05:58:07 AM
Ethereum (ETH) trading volumes have outperformed Bitcoin in the last few hours, according to CoinMarketCap data. Where it is possible to see that ETH moved US $ 1,417 billion in volume compared to Bitcoin's US $ 1,328 billion.
All of this move that leveraged ETH may have a history in the great demand for its Blockchain technology and adoption by large companies, and accompanied a more upbeat price increase compared to the BTC, which increased only 1.62%. The fortunes of most major altcoins were reversed over the weekend, while the bitcoin price itself improved by taking some of the lost ground, which for investors appeared to be the long-awaited bubble awaited, which accelerated last week.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
June 13, 2017, 05:36:41 AM
Well maybe their will be a Local Exchanger will exchange it directly to fiat aswell as maybe their are more adoption will happen globaly and Price well be more fun to speculate after more years to come on it but its to early to tell that ETH will became a top 1 coin since bitcoins price are more expensive right now and surely more people prefer to used it on their transaction matters.
The problem of bitcoin is UASF. that makes the bitcoin chain gets forked in the future. As you can see the bitcoin must drive the UASF to be succesfully in the future. Or the fork goes wrong and bitcoin turn to the big fail.
Activity: 200
Merit: 114
June 13, 2017, 05:15:58 AM
The worth of ETH (and every other alt) is still measured in BTC and not the other way around and that makes BTC the #1 coin, not the market cap which is actually a pretty random number since the amount of freely available ETH is much smaller than the total supply.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 13, 2017, 04:26:28 AM
And regarding the topic, I doubt ETH would be the # 1 coin. I'm a solid bitcoin fan, and I don't think both currencies are comparable.
Indeed that's really ridiculous to see altcoin be a #1 coin in crypto-currency and replace Bitcoin. We should be realistic here to see the fact any altcoin can't replace Bitcoin ever.

Your signature is broken dude.

but whats ICO ?
Initial Coin Offering. You can search it through Google.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
June 13, 2017, 03:36:19 AM
not to be rude, for interrupting the thread, but whats ICO ?

It means Initial Coin Offering an unregulated by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. Anyways you can research on that through Google.

And regarding the topic, I doubt ETH would be the # 1 coin. I'm a solid bitcoin fan, and I don't think both currencies are comparable.
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
June 13, 2017, 02:37:59 AM
Ethereum might overtake Bitcoin, but that won't last long, bitcoin will react. The crypto world become more competitive day be day with the new money flowing in.
Pages:
Jump to: