Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens when ETH is the #1 coin? - page 4. (Read 3535 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 13, 2017, 02:27:52 AM
Well maybe their will be a Local Exchanger will exchange it directly to fiat aswell as maybe their are more adoption will happen globaly and Price well be more fun to speculate after more years to come on it but its to early to tell that ETH will became a top 1 coin since bitcoins price are more expensive right now and surely more people prefer to used it on their transaction matters.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
June 13, 2017, 01:31:08 AM
not to be rude, for interrupting the thread, but whats ICO ?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
June 13, 2017, 01:18:56 AM
ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

I'd say ICOs would get more feverish too, but these are already pretty insane.

To clarify, I meant simply ETH overtaking BTC in marketcap, and whether this would generate publicity outside the crypto world, and if so, how this extra publicity would affect crypto in general.
I didn't mean volumes, or anything to do with how ETH and BTC are used.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
June 13, 2017, 12:33:42 AM
It's not going to happen. Eth is the embodiment of the altcoin bubble waiting to burst. Bitcoin is still the pioneer and clear lead of cryptocurrency. What are banks and governments experimenting with in real life? What currency do exchanges base their markets off of? What do people actually use, more than any other crypto, in real life? Which is the most well known?

Bitcoin is obviously the answer to all of those still. The only thing Eth is used for is to distribute other shitcoins. It's going to die soon. Put your shorts in while you still can.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
June 13, 2017, 12:05:18 AM
either a) wont happen b) happens way down the road but only by marketcap.

so if b) does happen who cares. BTC will still be valued wayy higher in $ per coin

This. I just don't see ETH overtaking Bitcoin in price. Marketcap sure. But the price per coin will not be close for at least a very long time. Eth is growing, that's a given. But I don't see it overtaking bitcoin any time soon.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
June 13, 2017, 12:00:38 AM
either a) wont happen b) happens way down the road but only by marketcap.

so if b) does happen who cares. BTC will still be valued wayy higher in $ per coin
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
June 12, 2017, 11:14:56 PM
as far as marketcap goes it is already number 3 with bitcoin number 2 and another random altcoin on number 1 so it can't happen for a very long time.

as far as price goes, the pump is highly unlikely to be able to bring any altcoin's price as high as bitcoin's and keep it there for long. the high price of bitcoin comes from its vast utilities. ethereum just has one usage and that is for creating new smart contracts which you see them as lots of ICOs and nothing else.

as far as usage goes, many people love to call ethereum a currency whereas it is not and it sucks as being that if you ever try it and it already costs a lot to pay the transaction fees for it.

so in short no, being number 1 requires a lot more features and usefulness which I see ETH lacking.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 12, 2017, 10:39:45 PM
We are starting to see more and more of these threads. And it's usually newer crypto investors that think they hit the jackpot. We'll see what happens.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
June 12, 2017, 08:43:23 PM
for sure many early holders will be happy and those who believes will prosper while those who thinks that it's just a bubble will cry out loud and fud from time to time, its really hard to say since the development and many coins had been develop to use eth platform, let see how this movement will bring eth to number 1.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 12, 2017, 08:16:51 PM
ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

To  be hinest, I don't like ETH as coin/currency,
the transaction is also slowing down now,
it was about couple second to confirm and it may take 40 seconds or more to confirm.

another thing,
the market is thin,
you can compare it to other coin where the sell and buy is thick,
in other coin, selling nad buying may be more than 1 bitcoin value. in ETH it is not that case.

By the way, I am having eth and I am also top 10 ICO in a big token which using eth.

In general, it is good that crypto having another backbone,.... please also push other crypto coin to be another backbone, trust me, it will be very good.

Competition is good for business, right? Like you I also don`t like ETH, there are other coins that I prefer more, but ETH is rising up, and devs there are doing very good job I need to give them credit for that. In price and in many things ETH is right after bitcoin, and I think ETH will stay there for a long time, maybe we will see some turns but not in some near future.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
June 12, 2017, 08:07:57 PM

To  be hinest, I don't like ETH as coin/currency,
the transaction is also slowing down now,
it was about couple second to confirm and it may take 40 seconds or more to confirm.

another thing,
the market is thin,
you can compare it to other coin where the sell and buy is thick,
in other coin, selling nad buying may be more than 1 bitcoin value. in ETH it is not that case.

By the way, I am having eth and I am also top 10 ICO in a big token which using eth.

In general, it is good that crypto having another backbone,.... please also push other crypto coin to be another backbone, trust me, it will be very good.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Whatever Happens happens
June 12, 2017, 07:48:10 PM
They serve different functions they're not really competitors. Ethereum is an open source block chain based distributed computing platform which provides smart contracts, Bitcoin is a peer to peer decentralized currency.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
June 12, 2017, 06:44:45 PM
I will believe if the more coin will using etehreum as a pair, i mean the price of altcoin will use the ethereum conversation pair. And ethereum will have the same power with bitcoin. But bitcoin still be the main pegged of crypto. A lot of media will make the news about that.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
June 12, 2017, 06:08:33 PM

Pages:
Jump to: