Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die? - page 7. (Read 2979 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
It's actually depending on where you're storing your Bitcoin. If you're storing them at your cold wallet like an USB then your family could receive it in case it's not protected with password.
If you're leaving in your MEW then you have to pray that your family will find out your private key for that MEW wallet.
Activity: 134
I think you can use the online wallet for it, because the person you provide your personal / confidential data like your email address, password and personal wallet key can access it. We have to make a plan beforehand, we can keep it on the hardware and let it be the one you love. You know we can not predict our future about what will happen, if there is no plan at all with our crypto it will remain as in our wallet.
Activity: 210
When I see that bitcoins have not been affected for more than 5 years on purses, I have the idea that their owners died and did not give their personal keys. I think this is to reduce the supply on the market. it's easy to give all your assets passwords to your child or family. because it can be a family heritage or we can donate to people who can not afford. like a poor man .
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
Nothing, your  crypto will remain on your wallet until someone access to it and takes them out of there /spend them, that is the only way that they can be moved from your wallet once that you die.
Maybe, giving out your PV might be the best option.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
Whenever individual refuse to disclose his/her password to his/her family members when death come his/her Crypto wallet will be gone forever, but when he/she disclose the password the entire family take over after death might have claim that individual life. This must be done with trusted members of the family and not thieves from the family.
Yes, our bitcoin will be worthless when we die if no one knows our password in our wallet . Thats why we all have one trusted person where we can share it so that when it comes to our life, our bitcoin will be useful and helpful as the same time for that person.
Activity: 336
Merit: 52
The question is not stupid at all, many people don't think about such a problem, but it's actually a serious thing. You should instruct your wife and/or sons about how to get back the coins and how to use an exchange.
Activity: 8
Interesting post Wink
Activity: 84
Your bring your coins with you if you do not leave your private keys to some one open or in question mode how mosaic

Same also die if you did a sharing attitude before your dying period maybe your relatives can used it for your burial expenses let's not forget that we are here to help.
Activity: 377
Merit: 10
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
It is not necessary to think about death but it is right to be prepared for this always. I think that nothing good will happen to crypto if you don't think about this beforehand and not either inform the relatives about the details how to use btc
Activity: 408
Merit: 100
www.bitpaction.com
If you die and u still keep your private key secretly and not give to your family it will die with you as well.so share it also to you love ones whom you trust.i share mine to my love one.because i trust him.
Activity: 6
..when you die,it is not the end of your crpto world,you can pass your crypto/coins/altcoins/Bitcoins to your siblings and love ones..make sure that you have a backup of your crypto assets so that when time comes,,a bad things happen to you and no one was expecting it, which is not suppose to happen,,your love ones will going to have a key on how to access your accounts..
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
Whenever individual refuse to disclose his/her password to his/her family members when death come his/her Crypto wallet will be gone forever, but when he/she disclose the password the entire family take over after death might have claim that individual life. This must be done with trusted members of the family and not thieves from the family.
Although we are already die here on earth, for sure that cryptocurrency will still stay here in the world, so we need to have at least some bitcoin in our wallet so that we can enjoy the benefit of it before we die on this planet, don't let yourself to just grow old without having any insurances in the future.
Activity: 126
It is better to have a backup of private keys in a hardware wallet and it should be stored in a secured place.Since this life is full of insecurity.It is better to give details about our passwords to our loved ones.These must be the best options as many early bitcoiners have left their bitcoins useless forever after their death.We better inform our family members on how to access our accounts in case of emergency.
Activity: 294
Perhaps it depends when you get away from guidance, passwords, mail bank account facts, within a will probably, confidence, or maybe having a spouse and children, guaranteed it is feasible. In any other case, subsequently it is much like when you shed ones non-public critical, it truly is absent. I exploit encrypted surpass records having every little thing ended up saving with code covered thumbs hard drives, having spouse and children, in addition to a couple added people around my possession. Tend not to get away from within a traditional bank first deposit pack.
Activity: 386
Merit: 1
Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

If you die without giving your wallet key then the bitcoin you have will be locked forever. Perhaps the best way to avoid it is to share personal keys with family.
Activity: 118
Activity: 13
I fully agree with you, because if you think about it well, there are great chances of high incomes, which can not but rejoice.
Activity: 147
Of course you already have inheritors to be inherited if you experience undesirable. tell the person how to use it and save it. if the person is definitely you choose to be inherited your coin then you have given good thing and make progress in every thing life.
Activity: 175
Merit: 23
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

Being decentralised will bring pros and cons and this is one of the cons. It's hard to formulate a efficient solution for this as a community. People here can only secure their account if any accident happened to them by personally letting those he trusts know his account beforehand.
Activity: 13
It is very funny but very important question. If you die your cryptocurrency will be on your wallet.You need give it's private key to your trusted person before die.
Pages:
Jump to: