Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 7. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 949
Merit: 48
January 27, 2018, 10:59:38 AM
Maybe  if that person died with BTC? On my opinion, i think no one can get it and it will remain on that account unless he/she give the personal information , password, username and other else. And that will be a difficult decision to the owner. But if it is a inspected death? It will be more difficult to recover the account.
Activity: 203
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 10:49:35 AM
this will be very sad. it will go to a waste when he/she could've been used it for his/her needs or wants in life. that is why as early as now, I am teaching my husband all about bitcoin and crypto currencies and my account so when the time comes that I leave them behind unexpectedly, he'll know what to do for the future of our kids.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
January 27, 2018, 10:31:44 AM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

If the person died with stack of BTC in their wallet, I think there's no other method to recover it, Unless all the details  could be shared to someone before it happen. So, my advise to all user of BTC don't be selfish just share to your love once in case of emergency.
So it's important to make a testament letter neither it for Bitcoin or your property. It is important to handle your bitcoin just like your assets.
Activity: 251
Merit: 2
January 27, 2018, 10:23:44 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

If the person died with stack of BTC in their wallet, I think there's no other method to recover it, Unless all the details  could be shared to someone before it happen. So, my advise to all user of BTC don't be selfish just share to your love once in case of emergency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
January 27, 2018, 09:45:53 AM
i think if the person die with BTC, then it will disappear together with the him or her. Unless if that person pass the password  to any of the family member before the person died but if not, then heirs cant claim the money from bitcoin. We are aware that bitcoin is a form of money in a digital world or in a virtual world and is being protected by a cryptography.  In which cryptography protects the data from the theft or hacker online. It is then impossible to retrieve the password of the dead person. So i guess this is somewhat a lesson to be consider. We all gonna die, we just have to update our last will testaments specially for those who has plenty of money in the bank or those who has big bitcoin savings to pass the password or private key to one of your family member or to put in your last will which is protected by an attorney.
Activity: 192
Merit: 11
January 27, 2018, 08:59:27 AM
Because the security design in the cryptographic ecosystem focuses on protecting users' wealth, there is a risk of losing wealth in situations such as death and disability.
If the personal account's password is lost, including their email login, the property of such people continues to exist in the encrypted world, but it will never be found.
Activity: 98
January 27, 2018, 08:54:56 AM
If a person died his/her BTC will continue to flow,if his/her password and personal information belong his family than his family can take his BTC..Otherwise it will flow itself.
Activity: 98
January 26, 2018, 03:00:49 AM
I think people should serious think about it....because no one really know when will the death arrive.
In general yes. That's a very interesting question, I've also wondered about it, wether or not one has to pass information to relatives about one's coins. Other than that, it's all possible.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
January 23, 2018, 02:31:28 PM
What will happen??

BTC will be donation forever and no one will access his/her bitcoin, nonetheless this person gave his/her private key to their love ones. His/her family can access bitcoin easily .
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 02:22:33 PM
Well, if BTCs will disappear because of their owners dying, the value of BTC is destined to increase more and more. I guess already a lot of BTCs are already lost, either because owners died or because they have lost the wallets or passwords.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
January 23, 2018, 01:56:29 PM
What will happen??

Persons that will die and they did not use their coins on their wallet will eventually become waste and will not circulate in the market. If you have a person that you have known for a very long time that is dying then just ask this person to pass his/her coins to your wallet in order for this remaining coins to be still usable in the market.
Activity: 112
January 23, 2018, 01:47:36 PM
If the person who died was having bitcoin on bitcoin wallet, then yes, for now, it is kappa, but if it is an exchange like Bittrex, for example, you have all chances to get it as a relative.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
January 23, 2018, 01:45:13 PM
Well if someone had a sudden death his bitcoin will remain in the blockchain and will be forever be lost with no one to access his private keys. But if that person entrusted his credentials to someone he loves like a wife, children or parents then the bitcoin that has been left behind by that person will be use. This is why blockchain is unhackable your btc's is safe but it has it's pros and cons to.
Activity: 336
January 23, 2018, 01:37:19 PM
this is a very hard case if the owner of the bitcoin address dies leaving no access to anyone even his/her love ones does't know his private key because no one can access his wallet then we can assume that this bitcoin is lost forever because there is no backdoor or any means to access bitcoin address even bruteforce so it'a a final lost and we need to accept that
Activity: 155
January 23, 2018, 01:35:31 PM
This is an interesting question. Indeed it would be difficult to access bitcoin dead people, as well as to calculate whether they are in General and so on. But I think that if bitcoin becomes the main currency, this problem was solved in some way
Activity: 24
January 23, 2018, 12:23:25 PM
What will happen??

[/quote
I think it is a big problem!!
If someone died and you don't his password or the seed the money is lost.
Activity: 196
January 23, 2018, 11:43:11 AM
What will happen??

I think the option is we inform to our family about our bitcoin in wallet and how to access it.
When we die, so our family still have access to our bitcoin to prevent the bitcoin disappear.
Activity: 74
Merit: 5
IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain
January 17, 2018, 04:41:54 PM
It may happen I assure you, using all the bitcoins you gained years ago when you thought it was something trivial and somehow worthless then you get hit by the increasement of its value lately. Knowing you lost one of the biggest chances in your life to because rich, that's a one mini heart attack.
Activity: 61
January 17, 2018, 09:46:37 AM
What will happen??

A lot of people have died and their money (fiat) was lost in a pot in a garden or thrown away in some old mattress. It has happened and will happen no matter if it is fiat or bitcoin.

What you need to do is tell your family how they can get to your funds, and it holds with both fiat and bitcoin all right.
Activity: 87
January 14, 2018, 03:53:12 AM
If the person died his bitcoin will be left behind unless he shared the information about bitcoin with someone or the otther who can carry forward the bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: