Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 9. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
January 08, 2018, 06:57:24 AM
maybe we need to talk to our family about the ownership of bitcoin that we have, give the password so that when we die our family can use it.
Not may be, rather for sure. There should be at least someone who knows about the number of bitcoin you own and all other details. Even if you don’t want to share the password of your wallet, simply let him or her know about the bitcoin you own and keep your password written on page at secret place.

In emergency, you may ask them to check that place for rest of the details. Bitcoin is great asset to be transferred to next generations.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 04:59:45 PM
I Never thought about this issue. Good Point. Although i am Not planning to Pass Away i should prepare something for my wife
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
January 07, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
If a person does not leave his relatives with a key to his purse, the bitcoins will disappear without a trace. Therefore, during life, it is necessary to inform your relatives about the key or at least leave a clue.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
January 07, 2018, 04:03:04 PM
The best idea is to give someone close to you all your passwords. And than bitcoin will be useful for someone after your death.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
January 07, 2018, 03:46:37 PM
I think people should serious think about it....because no one really know when will the death arrive.
Actually it’s a matter of money and no one want to make its useless if he is alive or dead the best option is that you must give your I’d and password to one of you family member in case of your death they can use it and I think it’s a good idea to save your money because if you will not give your I’d to your trust worthy so all your money can be finished so we need share our I’d to someone in order they can continue with bitcoin.
Activity: 16
January 06, 2018, 02:32:07 AM
If someone dies with Btc and no one knows the address and the key word, then it is like a treasure in the earth and will never be found.
Maybe only the miners who can find it but it requires a very heavy struggle. But I think it is also impossible if the miners penetrate someone's wallet, so make sure the bitcoin as I said that bitcoin is like a treasure trove neatly and swallowed by the earth and will never be found.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 02:12:26 AM
I think if the owner of bitcoin is dead, bitcoin does not disappear as long as it still keeps the password and username known by relatives or family.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 06, 2018, 01:45:24 AM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think you are right. Since the private keys are not known to others except the holder of the wallet, there will be no way to access wallet and that means the bitcoins in it are lost forever.
The only prevention to this problem is if the private keys are shared with a trusted kin.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
January 06, 2018, 01:38:45 AM
I have no idea before about this, but now I really think about this. Your bitcoin can't be gone if you're tell about them with your family. If you save all information about your wallet in your pc, that sure your family can access that. It's the same way with me, I save all about my information of my bitcoin wallet in my pc. All people must think about it surely.
Activity: 3
January 06, 2018, 01:37:25 AM
That's a serious case
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
January 06, 2018, 01:32:34 AM
I think people should serious think about it....because no one really know when will the death arrive.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
January 06, 2018, 01:27:47 AM
maybe we need to talk to our family about the ownership of bitcoin that we have, give the password so that when we die our family can use it.
Activity: 175
Merit: 2
January 06, 2018, 12:45:20 AM
If the the owner of btc will die the btc on his/her wallet will be idle.
on my opinion it's better that there are somebody knows your private key for your wallet so that it could be useful if you will die.
Your wife or a trusted member of the family will do.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
January 06, 2018, 12:39:27 AM
The family or other people can use btc with they have the access to the savings: password etc. But btc will be in safe

But in the case that no other person know the key of his/her wallet except himself/herself, then i think that BTC will be keep on that wallet forever. How many of us here who shared their private/public key to their family member?
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
January 06, 2018, 12:13:42 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

Hi there rddsd7! The same happen when a bank customer with millions in his account died and no one from his family or relative knows the account. The bank would send a notice to the account holders address and when no ones gain interest, the bank would then close the account and possibly take over the cash deposit. Thus, in bitcoin; when the wallet address holder dies, there is a possibility that the wallet company could take over the bitcoins. As a lesson, always tell someone, like your family about the bitcoin wallets and how to cash out those coins when time comes.  Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
https://exiptoken.io/
January 05, 2018, 09:44:21 AM
Cheesy good quection..  Wink  so if that person has a wife or children he can give passwords and 2-factor authentication and emails and all. so if that person will die before that yeah, unfortunately, no get those BTC out of that wallet. Smiley
[may be if someone can make a project to store all the personal details with highest secure it will be more useful too]
Activity: 162
January 04, 2018, 05:06:54 AM
If ever bitcoin owner dies and no one in the family knows his/her bitcoin details,it will be worthless because his/her family can never use it. So much better, if you will input,let say in a safe file,all your private keys or details needed to access your account so that your efforts and money invested will surely benefits your loved ones.
Activity: 11
January 04, 2018, 03:54:17 AM
And now this is called true and tight secure of the blockchain Grin
Activity: 168
January 04, 2018, 03:51:06 AM
What will happen??

If a person dies without anyone knowing his/her BTC address and other security passwords then I guess, it'll just be there and probably will belong to those missing BTC values. In my opinion BTC won't disappear gradually because of someone dying and having unclaimed BTCs because there are still other people who holds their BTCs and are able to access it by their family even if they die  Grin
Activity: 158
January 04, 2018, 03:43:07 AM
if no one has access to the wallet, BTC can be no loss forever. Make sure your family gets to your BTC. Exchange will give you more access if you have a death certificate and some verification. They operate like banks. But you have a wallet and no one has your passphrase and there is no way to get it.
Pages:
Jump to: