Pages:
Author

Topic: What if all the governments of the country united to strictly prohibit the exist - page 7. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
First I think we will someway, somehow find a way to continue our job, maybe something will change but anyway, maybe in tor deep web, lol
Job hunting is difficult but not impossible. People still get different jobs in different fields. So if the government of this said country would ban bitcoin, still that doesn’t make any big harm. But yes for sometimes, this would be difficult time for the people who are now earning from bitcoins. They might be disturbed and their families may affect badly till they find some other source of income.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
Well, it's kind of an issue to panic about. Cryptocurrency market is gaining popularity day by day. We should keep patience and hope that it never happens. Even if it ever happens, we should all stick together and appeal to the government.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
the government will never agree with bitcoin. it is true that you say, bitcoin can damage paper money and can forget history for every country. but the government will not be able to stop bitcoin if all the people continue to believe in bitcoin.

The same reason why governments have never agreed on anything despite the fake gestures they put up for the camera, is the same reason why they wont agree on bitcoin and even if world bank come with regulations or sanctions, some countries wont still accept and turn them to toothless bulldog just like every other world bodies. Furthermore, simple things such as gay marriage (in which personally I believe everyone has right to be miserable in marriage irrespective of sexual orientation), marijuana legalization ( which I believe its the worst menace of the society) or death penalty ( which I also believe should not be an easy way out for some crimes). Governments could not agree on it, not to talk of something as complex as bitcoin that could change the whole of our existence, I doubt if they can agree on that.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
the government will never agree with bitcoin. it is true that you say, bitcoin can damage paper money and can forget history for every country. but the government will not be able to stop bitcoin if all the people continue to believe in bitcoin.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
The banning of Bitcoins is happening every second some countries are banning it in a limited Manner, some are banning it entirely, some countries are using banks to ban the usage of cryptocurrency market and some are eradicating even the chances of people getting a hold of it ...
I don't think there is any possibility that all countries around the world will together ban it ..since the usage of Bitcoins is still very high , we have countries like Japan
where it's already an important asset..also government is to the people, for the people and by the people, if they make any rash decision it might cause massive opposition from all the investors that are in this .
Activity: 462
Merit: 336
I have absolutely now idea what you are saying here because every human can make transactions around the world and no government is able to prevent them doing so. Except they would cut the internet, but this would be obviously the end of the economy of that country!

I would like for you to substantiate anything that you just said. China restricts their internet and their economy is doing fine. I wouldn't say public internet access correlates with a successful economy to a large degree. Governments are extremely capable of preventing transactions, and they do it all of the time. Do you think that everybody is able to perform their transactions free of government interference?
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Perhaps one day with the current bitcoin advances, bitcoin digital currencies will be an international currency for all countries, and make it easier for every human to make transactions between countries when going to another country.
I have absolutely now idea what you are saying here because every human can make transactions around the world and no government is able to prevent them doing so. Except they would cut the internet, but this would be obviously the end of the economy of that country!

Governments can of course prohibit it, but this will not stop it and in the history of mankind it never happened that all countries in this world had the same laws.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
I think that a person who has a lot of bitcoins should at least always be aware of all the news. Plus - risk diversification. If all countries impose a ban, they will not do it in one day.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
if it happens in the future it will certainly affect the paper money that exists around the world, whereas we know when the banknotes have a lot of history and symbolize the diversity of a country with other countries.
if that happens, surely the government will not remain silent on the matter, there will be an agreement between state governments to immediately close the bitcoin network to the world.
There is no way the governments around the world coming together and even if it happens no one could shut the bitcoin network and that is the fact, we are not competing with fiat currency and no one is hoping any country taking it as a national currency, people will be using it because it helps in trading world wide without any restriction.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
I dont see how it would be possible to ban crypto trading. You can ban a county from accessing a certain exchange but if that happens you just go to another exchange. Heck you can even buy crypto on ebay nowadays or any bigger forum that has a marketplace, it doesnt have to be a traditional exchange. Or buy your crypto directly from miners.
Activity: 672
Merit: 271
That’s very unlikely to happen. Banning cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin is not very easy. The countries cannot ban a technology simply on grounds that it is reducing the consumption of fiat money. Especially when the citizens are holding a great amount of Bitcoin, it would be very difficult to ban it as it would cause huge financial losses to the public which can in turn affect the financial stability of the economy and no country would want that to happen. Moreover governments have no control over the private key transactions what so ever and all the 195 countries of the world moving in the same direction is something absolutely impossible. Terrorism is the biggest menace we all agree still many countries help it prosper where directly or indirectly then how can you expect them to take a stand on cryptos.
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
First I think we will someway, somehow find a way to continue our job, maybe something will change but anyway, maybe in tor deep web, lol
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
The opposition of a state government is bound to happen when bitcoin becomes a global currency. I do not expect so, but all I want is the acceptance of all countries for bitcoin to be an option other than currency to use as a method of payment so it will not interfere with the ecosystem of each country's paper money. I will not do anything to bitcoin if the government still has not received the bitcoin as I had hoped.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
It is a purely theoretical case and I don't see any governments across the world having a mutual opinion about anything. We have seen that governments can't even come together for the important issues like climate change and thus, it is very less likely to happen. However, in worst case scenario if governments are coming together, even in that case they can not ban Bitcoin as the power of Bitcoin is in decentralization and closing it everywhere (on each and every PC running blockchain around the globe) at the same time is impossible. On the other hand, we will see tremendous growth in cash trades if governments are banning crypto to fiat and vice versa transaction.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
I think the whole government that exists in every country will not be able to close or ban the existence of bitcoin. actually this is something technological advancement or world economy so that we can use it maturely and wisely. indeed from some countries there are still some that prohibit the existence of bitcoin, but some countries also have even adopted bitcoin and use it as a tool of modern transactions. IMO all this still contains pros and cons and there is no way out, hope in the future I hope money and paper money (modern) still exist and side by side, so that they can complement each other in the future. if I have a lot of bitcoin, of course I will keep it and continue to roll it until the price soared again. this is actually my chance to be able to please my children and grandchildren in the future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Its impossible for bitcoin to be banned all over the world. Japan for one is a pro bitcoin country. There are only a few countries that are against bitcoin. Most of the countries are only thinking of regulating bitcoin so that it can be used in their country and at the same time will abide by the rules and by laws of the country.
This is future impossible tense .Even the governments around the world are against each other but they go for international meetings and exchange pleasantries.pretenders ,behind closed doors they are looking for opportunities above their rivals.So it is impossible for them to ever unit .Our beloved bitcoin will continue to flourish until it change the world and cryptocurrency become the most preferred currency around the globe.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
Perhaps one day with the current bitcoin advances, bitcoin digital currencies will be an international currency for all countries, and make it easier for every human to make transactions between countries when going to another country.
if it happens in the future it will certainly affect the paper money that exists around the world, whereas we know when the banknotes have a lot of history and symbolize the diversity of a country with other countries.
if that happens, surely the government will not remain silent on the matter, there will be an agreement between state governments to immediately close the bitcoin network to the world.
what will you do if you have a lot of bitcoin.

I am still thinking of the possibility that this kind of situation may happen that's why I am diversifying my source of income so that I can still manage even if the cryptocurrencies would be ban. This is highly unlikely to happen but we cannot eliminate this possibility so I am building a business as well in a different field earning fiat. Although most of my income is from cryptocurrencies, I am converting some to finance my business. Through this way, I wouldn't be bothered much thinking that my country would ban crypto although they are already issuing licenses to some crypto companies. If ever they would decide to ban it, I would just stop earning from it because I don't want to be put in jail just because I wanted to continue earning or using it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
When all the governments in the world United to banned Bitcoin then we will a shrap fall of Bitcoin and maybe that will be the end of Bitcoin, even though you can't stop Bitcoin but when you had a hard time to deposit and withdraw, people will find other things to invest, actually I don't see any chance that all countries will banned Bitcoin, but if the scenario really happened then the best is to sell all of it before the official news out
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
what will you do if you have a lot of bitcoin.

I disagree with the idea that governments should fear bitcoin.

On the contrary, governments should embrace bitcoin as the competition it provides can motivate politicians to better do their jobs. Bitcoin can encourage state officials to better serve the public interest, make better budgets, spend tax revenues more efficiently. There are numerous positive gains which bitcoin offers to the world.

Bitcoin also has the potential to expand our collective knowledge and financial IQ in terms of it serving as a testbed for new and exciting innovations and ideas. Over the long term, these have a strong potential to improve our banking and financial systems as we already see occurring with the adoption of blockchain in many industries.

Rationally it would appear there is no logical reason for governments to shut bitcoin down. There is no reasonable motivation for it other than corruption, greed or the state choosing to repress innovation and progress.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
I don't even think that this might happen. This days, an agreement is very difficult for countries lately cause almost every countries are seeking solely for the interest of their own country. But aside that, it  might not still work out because some countries like Japan and their like, did accept bitcoin and have started implementing it in their economy. And we hope that there will be more legalization of bitcoin in may country .
Pages:
Jump to: