Pages:
Author

Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ? - page 23. (Read 1915 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 100
I think if someone can forget the key of the bitcoin wallet he owns, it is a negligence that is very detrimental to them. For that we should keep a good key to the bitcoin wallet that we have, and store the place that we think the safest and can not be known by others, which is very simple may be using a flash disk. Because if we lose the key of the bitcoin wallet that we have, then we will not be able to do the transaction against bitcoin that we have.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I'm not sure which key you are talking about. If it's about password, then make easy one. If you talking about Private Key, which is 32 different symbols. It's impossible to remember...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
I would just forget about it and move on. You should not think much about something which isnt in your hands. Bitcoin is built that way and you need to be certain about your passwords, seed, and private keys.
Activity: 196
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

What ? you want to memory your private key ? It is recommended that you better save your private key somewhere in safe place.
Because there are no way to retrieve your private key unless you write down into a note, notepad, wordpad, or other kind of notes.
Activity: 308
Merit: 21
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

The one dark side of BTC is that you cant recover your private key in case you lost it. There are many such BTC residing on the blockchain and will never be accessed by any human again. always keep a printed copy of private key with you, storing in your computer or at exchange make it vulnerable to hacking.
Activity: 140
if people forget their private key they are doomed there is no way you can get back your private key people have start from the first block if they have all their money in one wallet
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
If you forgot you private key you must to forget your money too because there is no other way to retrieve your private key in short if you loss your key you also loss your money.

Just start the new beginning.
Activity: 868
Merit: 108

I think the most safest way to keep your private key is saving it to other hard drive like flash drive to avoid any hackers to get your private key.

If someone lost his private key he loss his money also because I think there is no other way to retrieve his key, so we must be careful.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
If you forgot the key to your Bitcoin wallet you should also need to forget your Bitcoin because it's the only way you can open your wallet.

There's no alternative way in opening your wallet, well if you easily forget things you can print your private key on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe like vaults, your drawer, anywhere. You can also buy a ledger you can use in order to store your Cryptos.
Activity: 49
All btc stored will be lost. I think some dudes which mining during the rise of bitcoin suffered now of major depression or suicidal thinking. Or they got to the moon  Grin
Activity: 1764
Merit: 260
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

Make sure you have a hard copy of your private keys and keep it in a safe place. Most of the stolen or forgotten private keys doesn't have a chance of getting it back. You can also use a hardware wallet. You are the one who is responsible for your money so keep it and don't share your private infos. Prevention is better than losing.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

to avoid losing important key,  i suggest to make more copy and keep it in safe place ,such on your ( phone memory card and computer )
to assure you can recover it always , or write it on piece of paper and keep it on your wallet which is in case as well if you lost your other copies.
Activity: 338
https://eloncity.io/

I would recommend old method, just keep it in printed or rewrited by hand version. Because if you loose your key, there is no way to take it back.
Activity: 84
Be careful(

There are many  circumstances that our memory become weak if this will happen to me I always think thats a saddest memory I will be responsible next time I write it into my notebook and attached to my important valid IDs and also I tell my descendants about my wallet on bitcoin so they can help me trace if ever it's occur again.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
There is no way to recover this wallet so your funds lost forever.
But some scientiest say what quatum pc can restore sha256 wallets
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
If you forget your private key there is no way to recover it. So you should keep it good and print it. For if you accidentally get lost or lost you still have a copy. If your wallet is Coinbase, Coins.ph does not have a problem here because you can still know your password by clicking on forgot password. But it should be very careful as it is the 3rd party wallet you can hack and quickly find out our passwords.
Activity: 84
Be careful(

If I forget my key I considered those coins goes on charity and course I cried untill my heartaches released it's my fault a neglegence of my work be wise next time.
Activity: 154
Be careful(

Is there any remedies to retrieved back the key to owner if nothing that's a tragedies that can make wounds of our feelings start a new one and be safer invest now and be responsible of your private property.
Activity: 714
Acewins.io
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to retrieve your key back once you don't have access to it. You should do everything possible to keep it safe in order not to lose it. One way is the paper print or better still have it on an old phone and hide it somewhere that people cannot reach easily.
Activity: 182
In my age, I am more forgetful so it is not easy to memorize the numbers and letters. So what I did is to write it in my notebook and keep my notebook locked
Pages:
Jump to: