Pages:
Author

Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ? - page 25. (Read 1915 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 268
The only measures to retrieve private keys back at this stage are the very measures you provided yourself. Lose them and there is no way to ever retrieve your keys. There have been many cases of people losing their hard drive used for backing up private keys and those bitcoins are lost till date with no means to retrieve them back.
Your definitely right. You are the only one who can retrieve your private keys and no one else, so for you not to lose them just find a way to keep them hidden like in your notes. Private keys are very important, so never lose them no matter what happens it is good that you will create a lot of copies of your private keys.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The only measures to retrieve private keys back at this stage are the very measures you provided yourself. Lose them and there is no way to ever retrieve your keys. There have been many cases of people losing their hard drive used for backing up private keys and those bitcoins are lost till date with no means to retrieve them back.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
but u can use some software to help u find your passwords because u should remember some feature of your passwords and this make the it not too difficult.
Do you mean something like hashcat or btcrecover? AFAIK, it still difficult to find password, you should remember at least some word from your password and create a password list, and that's not easy and really difficult(except, the password has easy pattern, such as 123456 or etc).
Merit: 100
For now you are entitled to safeguard your bitcoin wallets yourself. You can make sure that you store your private keys on a different offline system. Make more use of cold wallets if you have larger funds, and it's better storing away there. Write your keys on a paper and keep it carefully where it won't be touched by water.
Activity: 253
Merit: 10
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
if you storetourbitcoin in any walletsthat uses privatekey or any password type it in your memo or print it so  you cant forget about your key and make sure no one cant access your password so that your bitcoin is safe from scammers
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
Private key or mnemonic word are vital things , without them you're losing your wallet for eternity.
Unlike bank's password, you can retrieve it as long as you can prove yourself by giving your identity etc but bitcoin wallet is different so you must extra care by keep them in safe place !
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
 if you forget your key of the bitcoin wallet, u lost your btc and of cause lost the money.
but u can use some software to help u find your passwords because u should remember some feature of your passwords and this make the it not too difficult.
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
Private keys if lost are lost forever  and is important to keep the backup of your keys very safe by either printing it on a paper and keeping it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I really hope I never forget my key or the access to the bitcoin wallet because it will be a lost cause if this happens
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

There are so many characters in the private key that are harder to memorize than we do to get a paper to write it down because this way we do not rob us of who we just keep and hide well. If we ever lose our private key we will not be able to return our funds again.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
If someone loses or forgets the key or password of the wallet where his bitcoin or altcoin is stored it is the same as losing everything. All the coins in the wallet will certainly not be saved or taken back.
Activity: 87
Be careful(

If it is happened to me that I forgot my wallet password I ask a permission to BM that I change my password. and if will change, next time  I will write a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place or put in a hard wallet so that it is easy to remember.  
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
If you have forgotten or lost your keys you can immediately forget about their coins. There is no way to recover keys. At the moment, about 2.3 million bitcoins are irretrievably lost. I've heard that the developers wanted to extract such coins in favor of community development but I don't believe in that. Bitcoin does not forgive mistakes.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I have kept my private keys in written form in my personal diary its the safest way to keep your private keys. Saving in Computer or laptop is risky because if it gets damaged you will lose all so best if to keep your private keys in written form.
I dont put it in diary but I wrote them on a paper that has been attached on my personal files such as Last Will and testaments,from this security and safety is what im having,at the same time in case of disaster and unexpected death,my love ones can take alook on those papers to have my all funds
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
it means, that person lost his Bitcoins forever.
Activity: 126
The password is used to unlock your Bitcoin wallet address. If you forget the password, you cannot trade these BTCs.
It is no longer possible to enter the circulation field, which means that you have lost your BTC!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Thats it wallet will be idle and fund will be there in that wallet for all the time. If you keep such kind of amount without accessing it you may loose the fund but wallets will not do that it will be remain there all the time.
We may do some work in next blockchain update for recovering and more security features to use it.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
If anyone forgets the private key of his bitcoin wallet,then his bitcoins would remain idle in his wallet until private keys get recovered and used.

So the best way is to both print the private key and store it safely as well as save it in a pendrive and have it in a safer place.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501

I have saved it to my documents and as an alternative way to retrieve if in case I've lost it i have wrote it down,taking notes on a safest place and keep it confidential.I just let some special person to know where it has been hiding.
Activity: 69
this is a serious case because there is no alternative to private keys, the only thing u need to do is to keep your private key privately with your notepad or write it in a book and save in a good place
Pages:
Jump to: