Pages:
Author

Topic: What is better - cryptocurrency trading or investing? - page 2. (Read 4351 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Hodling works great if you want long term one instead of short term. About trading, I don't have much knowledge and experience about it since I did not do much trading before and doing technical analysis needs a lot of time where it is one of the important things to do to predict the price. In trading, you can do it daily which in my experience you can earn profit and also loss if the price suddenly decrease but mostly profit and much faster but with higher risk of losing profit.

Since trading is not something that can be learned overnight, technical analysis and fundamentals will take time. Others will need months or years to learn trading and develop their own strategy, which will take time. Without a sound business strategy in place, it is almost impossible to make money. Yes, you can make money regardless of whether the market is good or bad. Trading while holding is not beneficial unless you are making an investment. If you hold your trade for an extended period of time without setting a target profit or stop loss, you will suffer a significant loss.
^ Both are profitable but it depends on how you will manage those stuff and all of them need capital.
Trading cryptocurrencies can be very profitable, but it does necessitate certain abilities and knowledge of which cryptocurrencies to trade in order to be successful. And for me, BTC investing and holding it for a long time will work better and is most reliable than trading because it is not always feasible to make a profit from cryptocurrency trading since the market often behaves in an unforeseen manner. In terms of BTC, just buy it and hold it for a long time. With the most profitable asset, it's not worth getting too sophisticated. However, if you truly want to know which one is better, I recommend that you try both to see which one works best.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
Hodling works great if you want long term one instead of short term. About trading, I don't have much knowledge and experience about it since I did not do much trading before and doing technical analysis needs a lot of time where it is one of the important things to do to predict the price. In trading, you can do it daily which in my experience you can earn profit and also loss if the price suddenly decrease but mostly profit and much faster but with higher risk of losing profit.

Since trading is not something that can be learned overnight, technical analysis and fundamentals will take time. Others will need months or years to learn trading and develop their own strategy, which will take time. Without a sound business strategy in place, it is almost impossible to make money. Yes, you can make money regardless of whether the market is good or bad. Trading while holding is not beneficial unless you are making an investment. If you hold your trade for an extended period of time without setting a target profit or stop loss, you will suffer a significant loss.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?
Trading and investing are two good methods of making a profit, but of course in investing we will only benefit for a long time and even then if the assets we have experience an increase in price, in contrast to investment, trading is one way to get profits quickly, but of course both methods have the same risk of experiencing losses if we cannot analyze the assets that we will make into a portfolio both in trading and investing.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?

For me, trading is better for potential altcoins and if you have a lot of time to watch the price movement of a coin. For bitcoin better to hold especially if you just have small capital or you don't have enough time to monitor your screen. Trading and holding are both investment but it is all depend on you on how you handle it. Also, it's all about knowledge, strategy and patience.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
Cryptos are definitely riskier than stocks etc. but if you know how to use information in your favor and research you can gain from this swingy market. My guess is that about 7% of winning standart traders are profiting long term in crypto markets. Leverage trading is the best tool to pain and gain. You have to be a gambler in other words and starting without good instructors and sources you will end up broke. By investing = hodling you just park a car and look how its get driven. Do you wanna drive?

I have been trading in both markets and I can also  say with certainty based on my experience that crypto is more volatile and riskier but highly rewarding. I know many crypto enthusiasts who made huge amount of money by airdrops, joining bounty campaigns on Bitcointallk without making any investment. Volatility in any market is also an opportunity to make profit if you know how to manage risk and that is the key of success in any market.

Agree with this because it really depends on you as an individual because first others will say that trading is more profitable while others will say that it is not, so what I say is that you should find your own strategy that you can earn from because almost all of the methods that are stated here are all working, some require money and some require effort, so find your own strategy that you can earn from. We are driven insane by the volatility of the coins because we could become wealthy in a single night or lose everything in a single night, depending on the situation.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Cryptos are definitely riskier than stocks etc. but if you know how to use information in your favor and research you can gain from this swingy market. My guess is that about 7% of winning standart traders are profiting long term in crypto markets. Leverage trading is the best tool to pain and gain. You have to be a gambler in other words and starting without good instructors and sources you will end up broke. By investing = hodling you just park a car and look how its get driven. Do you wanna drive?

I have been trading in both markets and I can also  say with certainty based on my experience that crypto is more volatile and riskier but highly rewarding. I know many crypto enthusiasts who made huge amount of money by airdrops, joining bounty campaigns on Bitcointallk without making any investment. Volatility in any market is also an opportunity to make profit if you know how to manage risk and that is the key of success in any market.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Trading and invest both are very important for the cryptocurrency sector I know lots of people want to get money without hassle or without tension but I want to say every sector has risk and uncertainty so look before you left.at fast you have to take decision what is your final goal then you can succeed. just I want to say trading and invest both need for the cryptocurrency world.
Everyone also hopes like that but what must be known that in any crypto there are risks,
trading and investing both can generate profits and it depends on each person's taste,
what's clear is that don't try to invest or trade if we don't have any preparations yet
Exactly, before diving into the market, make sure that you are fully prepared. We all know that trading and investing can be both profitable but it is also risky.That why it is necessary to know what you are getting into.Remember that losing money is one of easiest thing to do,and making money is one of the most difficult one. I know everyone wants to become rich, everyone wants to have a better future but it will gonna happen if you do it in a right way.

That's the key for your success, knowing how the market works and how will you take advantage.

Many failed on both ends. Not knowing the system and not doing their research, they immediately followed the market sentiments
and ended up losing their money.

While, if you know how to deal with every situation, you have a better advantages and the chance of success is very possible
either you choose to trade or investing.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 647
Trading and invest both are very important for the cryptocurrency sector I know lots of people want to get money without hassle or without tension but I want to say every sector has risk and uncertainty so look before you left.at fast you have to take decision what is your final goal then you can succeed. just I want to say trading and invest both need for the cryptocurrency world.
Everyone also hopes like that but what must be known that in any crypto there are risks,
trading and investing both can generate profits and it depends on each person's taste,
what's clear is that don't try to invest or trade if we don't have any preparations yet
Exactly, before diving into the market, make sure that you are fully prepared. We all know that trading and investing can be both profitable but it is also risky.That why it is necessary to know what you are getting into.Remember that losing money is one of easiest thing to do,and making money is one of the most difficult one. I know everyone wants to become rich, everyone wants to have a better future but it will gonna happen if you do it in a right way.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Both will make you money and can also cause you to regret your action. Do not get involved in any of them if you do not know what you are doing, do not go into trading if you are not trained for it. If am to advise you I will say go for investing. It is better than trading. That is the option I like to take. All you have to do is buy and then keep it till you are ready to sell off and take your profit.

Though it's much simpler and much easier to be done, but same with trading, you also needed to educate yourself.

There's risk that accompanied these two venues, without the right sets of knowledge you may fall on losing your money,
it's true that in investing you can just buy and hold, the question here is what asset to buy and hold, and how far you can
trust the team behind to keep holding, especially inside crypto where there are so many sways, the best practice still is know
what are you dealing and make sure that you are willing to take all the risk behind.
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
because indeed both are still very profitable but with a note possible for trading always pay attention to what coins we buy and maybe this also applies to long-term investments.
On the other hand, for long-term investment, maybe we shouldn't panic and worry too much about market conditions and all you need is to focus on your target, how far you will survive there because of course when we invest for the long term, of course, we also have to be there. the target is how long we will hold the coin and at what price point we will hold it
Stick with your goals and follow on what you have planned because this would be a great motivator for you to push on and would know on what you are doing neither you are dealing with long term or

short term ones and as long you are aware on how things been moving then its up to your whether you do dive in or not according into your own interest.Just set those risks management factors

and stuff and then try to sustain yourself into the market which would really be always recommended.
talking about motivators, I think it all depends on what we do, when indeed we do things that are quite good and do not violate the rules, for example by buying alt that has enough potential and bitcoin then indeed the results will also be good as long as we do not violate the specified rules even if we we are free to do anything but we must also be aware that indeed everything needs a process and nothing is instant.
Being self-aware and aware of all the risks will be very important in order to control yourself so that you must remain calm in making decisions
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328

Both will make you money and can also cause you to regret your action. Do not get involved in any of them if you do not know what you are doing, do not go into trading if you are not trained for it. If am to advise you I will say go for investing. It is better than trading. That is the option I like to take. All you have to do is buy and then keep it till you are ready to sell off and take your profit.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
Well, I think it really depends on your decision making capability and knowledge .Investment and trading are both profitable. However, investing and trading have different approach in making money.Investing is about long term and low-risk while trading comes short-term and high risk.If you can achieve any,it will make you a good amount of profit.
In my own opinion, Id better choose investing rather than trading. Because i can assure that investing will always give me much more money than trading.You can make a living in trading but you can  make a fortune in investing.
Yes that's correct. many people make more profit on trading, but there are also those who make more on investment. it all depends on how the strategy and development you do. Personally, I think that both are very beneficial. however, I chose one of the two based on the circumstances. if the trade looks really profitable, I'll give it a try, and if there's a good enough investment, I'll try it too.
Apart from that basically either investing or trading in crypto is profitable,
but again it all depends on each strategy because if we are not careful then we might lose money,
and if I have to choose which one is better I can't seem to do it
Doesnt matter on which one we would choose because same as you said it would really be depending on your strategy and as long you could make out profits
then neither of the two would suffice thats why it would really vary on your own preference because some people do prefer one but you could actually
engage on both things if you do have the funds and if you could able to bare with the risks.
If newbies reading this they seem to think that it is impossible to get involved in both investing and trading,
this kind of thing for professional traders is a common thing but it's not all like that,
so for newbies don't try it because the risk is big for sure
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
Trading takes time to learn it even depend on your brain capacity to truly understand how trading works, it's better to engage in both trading and investing, I have a close friend who do this and use the trading skill to survive pay bills and others then still be able to buy few BTC every week now he is in a better state financially
That’s great! Your friend must be very good at trading as he is not only managing his daily expenses but also earning enough to invest. Would you mind sharing for how long has he been into trading?

Both are the same but if you are asking about Holding then i think it is better to keep holding specially if you are having Bitcoin in your wallet because aside from being safer this is the one that can assure you best future in this market and in the world.

It is not that easy as what you've said . Holding takes time and also emotions since you are holding big amount of money and your emotions will takes place since if the price  goes down then you'll be wanting to sell your holdings and also knowledge is power since you dont have knowledge about bitcoin then you'll be selling earlier
Lol it is much easy than trading , are you referring that he should trade than HOLD? because yeah Holding takes time but if you are having Bitcoin at least it is an assurance that your funds is safe for long time and assuring to make profit in time .
I think he wants to say that it requires a lot of self control to be able to hold and that’s true because the market is so volatile that even small movements can create huge price gaps. It takes a lot of self control to hodl during the market swings.

At least if someone chooses to invest, at the same time he knows a good project that he trusts and is confident in its future prospects, then investments can really be much more profitable than trading.  If we take for example such a project Crat d2c, which is already concluding agreements for cooperation with existing global e-commerce platforms in the blockchain ecosystem, then there is more than 100% confidence in success.
Bitcoin’s value almost went to the moon but then it fell down. Don’t you think those who didn’t sell at that time must be regretting it?

Well, I think it really depends on your decision making capability and knowledge .Investment and trading are both profitable. However, investing and trading have different approach in making money.Investing is about long term and low-risk while trading comes short-term and high risk.If you can achieve any,it will make you a good amount of profit.
In my own opinion, Id better choose investing rather than trading. Because i can assure that investing will always give me much more money than trading.You can make a living in trading but you can  make a fortune in investing.
Yes that's correct. many people make more profit on trading, but there are also those who make more on investment. it all depends on how the strategy and development you do. Personally, I think that both are very beneficial. however, I chose one of the two based on the circumstances. if the trade looks really profitable, I'll give it a try, and if there's a good enough investment, I'll try it too.
but again it all depends on each strategy because if we are not careful then we might lose money,
Doesnt matter on which one we would choose because same as you said it would really be depending on your strategy and as long you could make out profits
then neither of the two would suffice thats why it would really vary on your own preference because some people do prefer one but you could actually
engage on both things if you do have the funds and if you could able to bare with the risks.
I agree! In the end all that matters is the profit you made. The end goal of both trading and investing is to make money.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
I would choose investing for a long term rather than going for a short term. I have been into short term trading I mean on a day trading. I had to spend more time on it and at times over pressured to sell off at loss. Then decided to go for a long term trade. Purchased the best coins in the market and kept them on a wallet and decided to take out / sell out when there is an ATH or it has reached to an extend that I have a reasonable profit. Now I am at peace just watching the market once in a day.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
because indeed both are still very profitable but with a note possible for trading always pay attention to what coins we buy and maybe this also applies to long-term investments.
On the other hand, for long-term investment, maybe we shouldn't panic and worry too much about market conditions and all you need is to focus on your target, how far you will survive there because of course when we invest for the long term, of course, we also have to be there. the target is how long we will hold the coin and at what price point we will hold it
Stick with your goals and follow on what you have planned because this would be a great motivator for you to push on and would know on what you are doing neither you are dealing with long term or

short term ones and as long you are aware on how things been moving then its up to your whether you do dive in or not according into your own interest.Just set those risks management factors

and stuff and then try to sustain yourself into the market which would really be always recommended.
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
In my own opinion, Id better choose investing rather than trading. Because i can assure that investing will always give me much more money than trading.You can make a living in trading but you can  make a fortune in investing.
Activity: 608
Merit: 154
Trading takes time to learn it even depend on your brain capacity to truly understand how trading works, it's better to engage in both trading and investing, I have a close friend who do this and use the trading skill to survive pay bills and others then still be able to buy few BTC every week now he is in a better state financially
What has been done with your friend I'm sure it didn't come for granted,
he must have suffered a loss somehow because it was part of the process and until he finally got to this point where he was in good shape financially
Aside from the loss of capital his friend must have faced a lot of headaches learning how to trade but his willingness to learn and to earn is what makes him vulnerable from it. It takes time to learn how to trade but it also takes time to earn on investing, it seems that both of them are equal on some angle but I believe that most people will go for investing over trading. They automatically think its easy and start to invest immediately.

I wont wonder anymore why there are so many losers on investing because they do not have the patience to hold any longer and in the bad coin choices. Investors often pick hype coin because of the easy pump and dump.
Pages:
Jump to: