Pages:
Author

Topic: What is better - cryptocurrency trading or investing? - page 9. (Read 4351 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
Currently I do both, but I think investing is safer and more profitable, I trade new listed coins especially those that are trending on Coinmarketcap, unfortunately when I sell I often lose because the slippage of the coin is very high, while investing top coins like bitcoin is very profitable for the long term or at least a year.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 3
I think making an investment in crytocurrency is much better and more profitable than trading it .Trading crypto's is very risky,have tried it before and have lost a pretty amount due to it.I usually make alot investing unlike trading so I will go with investment rather than trading.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
I think crypto trading is better than investing, crypto trading has the opportunity to get big profits on a daily basis while investing is just waiting and there is no guarantee that holding for the long term can get big profits.

There is also no guarantee that on a daily basis you'll earn profits through trading though, especially if you are a day trader. Trading is not as easy as you might think. And even good traders lost profit sometimes which no one can avoid. And at the same time trading profits depends on your capital, and if you only have a small capital I don't think you'll get huge amount of profit through trading.

But for investing, if you can find a good undervalued project because I believe there's a lot of them in crypto, there is a higher chances of you having much bigger returns even just by having a not very much big capital.

So if I were to ask, I prefer investing rather than trading.
Indeed! nothing is certain inside this industry, unless you have good patterns that you can use dealing with scalping.

We can deny the fact that there are daytraders who can accumulate decent profits each time they participate with their trades,
either it's bull or bear season, with the knowledge they've got the chance of earnings is still possible.

you have to choose accordingly, the knowledge that you'll going to use will be the advantage that you have during your trading.
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
I think crypto trading is better than investing, crypto trading has the opportunity to get big profits on a daily basis while investing is just waiting and there is no guarantee that holding for the long term can get big profits.

There is also no guarantee that on a daily basis you'll earn profits through trading though, especially if you are a day trader. Trading is not as easy as you might think. And even good traders lost profit sometimes which no one can avoid. And at the same time trading profits depends on your capital, and if you only have a small capital I don't think you'll get huge amount of profit through trading.

But for investing, if you can find a good undervalued project because I believe there's a lot of them in crypto, there is a higher chances of you having much bigger returns even just by having a not very much big capital.

So if I were to ask, I prefer investing rather than trading.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
ofcourse both of them all of that is really valuable compared to the coins that are imitating now, I think you just believe in a bitcoin then hold for a long time and in return it is at a good value and you can sell but for me hold  our bitcoin and invest for the right time for our sake one day ...
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Those who invest in general are people who don't have time and don't want to think too much about their portfolio because they don't want to be bothered and also don't want a lot of time to work on it.

and only buy when the price is low and make purchases within the means and hold them for the long term, and I'm one of them because I don't have the time and expertise to trade because I have a real job where time is only spent working, resting and with family.

so in my opinion it all depends on each situation and it takes the right skills and time to do it in order to get maximum results and not impose situations that are not possible.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?

Investing and holding for Long term is the best option if you don't need to cash out your digital assets/stocks or commodity items to meet your daily needs. Day or swing trading is better for those who have made trading as their profession and they generate regular income from it. Remember to generate regular income you have to go though learning process like any other professional to understand dynamics of market and make correct decisions to take entry and exit at right time.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?

It depends on your financial capability. For me, I prefer crypto trading because I don't have huge capital to buy bitcoin and hold for long term. I need to earn money in daily trading to sustain my family needs. Everything is depends on financial capability and your patience because holding long term is good for people with a lot of patience.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
people have different opinion about this one. like of they jave money, and wont make any thought, thinking what next move will be take and wait, they just invest (doesnt mean it just throw your money, need more knowledge to do it). but the other side, thinking is fully legit, so exited how we can get experience more and more every day, need more adrenaline about loss and profit, they will do trading.
investing is good for me, just be patient, waiting, disappointed, or be pleased.
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
Depending on what you seek as profit and how often you will need to make this profit. If you need an income then trading can guarantee you that but for wealth investment is the sure option. The only disadvantage of investment is it takes longer to get the profit flow in.

But you need to understand the basics of either technical or fundamental analysis or both to keep your losses minimal. Buy the riskiest of the two is trading

As a normal person, I would want to have a steady source of income at the moment and huge wealth after I retire. This makes me believe that I need to plan to get the best of both worlds.
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
Depending on what you seek as profit and how often you will need to make this profit. If you need an income then trading can guarantee you that but for wealth investment is the sure option. The only disadvantage of investment is it takes longer to get the profit flow in.

But you need to understand the basics of either technical or fundamental analysis or both to keep your losses minimal. Buy the riskiest of the two is trading
Technical and fundamental analysis will be very useful if you are a trader who sets short-term profit target. If you are an investor, then you just need to convince yourself to buy and keep it for a certain period of time, be it 6 month, 1 year or more. I talk about investing in bitcoin because it is one of the best cryptocurrencies right now to invest in long term without doing a lot of analysis which would be very different when you wanted to invest in most altcoin. I mean analysis is still needed to determine when is the best time to buy but if you believe in the future potential of bitcoin then you can buy it any time regardless of what the current price per unit is.

That looks like another good option to me. I have always been a trader and never really had the courage to take the responsibility of holding an asset for the long term. But now I think that bitcoin would be a good option to start my journey as an investor.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150

Technical and fundamental analysis will be very useful if you are a trader who sets short-term profit target. If you are an investor, then you just need to convince yourself to buy and keep it for a certain period of time, be it 6 month, 1 year or more. I talk about investing in bitcoin because it is one of the best cryptocurrencies right now to invest in long term without doing a lot of analysis which would be very different when you wanted to invest in most altcoin. I mean analysis is still needed to determine when is the best time to buy but if you believe in the future potential of bitcoin then you can buy it any time regardless of what the current price per unit is.
Activity: 463
Merit: 102
In my own interest, I think trading is much better as in Trading, you are required to get the necessary skill set which will help you and make you relevant in the cryptocurrency world, and apart from the exposure and experience it offers, there is an unlimited opportunity for you also to get and accumulate all the benefits and interest on the capital used. it is also necessary to state the importance of trading with them as they offer you the whole opportunity and chance again of knowing the trending which the trade is moving with and help reduces loss in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16

Holding okay. If you want to go into holding try to make sure money which you want to use for holding is something reasonable so that if the market price pumps up you will have profits. holding is cool,  it all depends on you if you can have patience to hold.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

Doesnt matter on which one you are really dealing with because as been said that things would turn out to be beneficial if you do know on what you are doing.Not all would really be that good on handling out things thats why they are really hesitant in doing so.

Be mindful on various source of income because the more we do have it the more better it is.It do vary or depend on how you do tend to do good.

Experience is a must before achieving these things though but take it slowly step by step.

I agree with your statement mate, it doesn't really matter whether a person will choose cryptocurrency trading or investing because the both option are a good choices however it will only comes down to the fact whether the certain person do know what he will choose to do. Also, both option has a risk to take so better to be mindful every circumstance that you might encounter all the way and know to yourself what you really wanted to do and which one do you think you know better, step by step acquiring experience and knowledge is a must to be able to achieve those things.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
It all comes down to what suits you more and where are you more profitable with. There are good investors and good traders who both make a lot of money. We can't just say that one is better than the other. The two are very different from each other, so a good investor you would not necessarily be a good trader as well. As an investor you focus more on long term trends and the big picture, whereas the trader takes advantage of short term opportunities and profits of price anomalies. As a trader you need to have a good stomach and be able to sleep well with taking higher risks. I tried both myself and find that investing suits better my risk appetite. The younger you are the easier it is to get used to the fast path environment of trading. Why not try both yourself and see what is better for you?

Very good point, it ends up from how you see your opportunities and how deal with it in the right manner,

Both are good if you see the value of the business, people who knows how to make good money out from this industry use either trading or investing, and some also combine the two and still gaining decently.

All that matters is how you understand and make a good use of that knowledge to turned it to cash making strategy.
compatibility in choosing a trade or investment can only be felt by ourselves, and we personally can know the comfort in making money. In trading or investing, psychological factors greatly affect both of them in our journey, especially for trading that really requires experience in dealing with the market, but it is not uncommon for those who feel challenged to trade.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
It all comes down to what suits you more and where are you more profitable with. There are good investors and good traders who both make a lot of money. We can't just say that one is better than the other. The two are very different from each other, so a good investor you would not necessarily be a good trader as well. As an investor you focus more on long term trends and the big picture, whereas the trader takes advantage of short term opportunities and profits of price anomalies. As a trader you need to have a good stomach and be able to sleep well with taking higher risks. I tried both myself and find that investing suits better my risk appetite. The younger you are the easier it is to get used to the fast path environment of trading. Why not try both yourself and see what is better for you?

Very good point, it ends up from how you see your opportunities and how deal with it in the right manner,

Both are good if you see the value of the business, people who knows how to make good money out from this industry use either trading or investing, and some also combine the two and still gaining decently.

All that matters is how you understand and make a good use of that knowledge to turned it to cash making strategy.
Doesnt matter on which one you are really dealing with because as been said that things would turn out to be beneficial if you do know on what you are doing.Not all would really be that good on handling out things thats why they are really hesitant in doing so.

Be mindful on various source of income because the more we do have it the more better it is.It do vary or depend on how you do tend to do good.

Experience is a must before achieving these things though but take it slowly step by step.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Activity: 168
Merit: 4
Bitcoin have proven to be a strong and profitable investment amidst all FUD and negative news encountered. It is such a huge innovation with outstanding prospect. So yes, keeping Bitcoin is like having one future's secured.
Pages:
Jump to: