Pages:
Author

Topic: What is big problem in using of bitcoin - page 9. (Read 38655 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
September 26, 2016, 03:34:32 AM
The big problem is the non-acceptance of something new. People work hard to earn money, its natural that they cannot accept some new cyberpunk money which floats in thin air. It will take a long time to get accepted properly. Other than that volatility of price is also a problem though price is to some extent stable these days.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 26, 2016, 03:31:22 AM
Personally I think that one of the most problem is the difficult to spend in "real life" .
And I add as plus the difficult to exchange "small cash" XX fiat in btc without paying higher fees.
I see as a big problem this difficult to use btc/cash easily & without limits Sad

Another big problem is related the speed of txs. Yes Credit card are reversible up to xx months, the same for other form of payment (Paypal!)
But when you go to a grocery o local shop, you need to wait for hypothesis that a tx is confirmed at least one time before say "ok it's payed".  Huh

It has already been over a year since the Bitcoin payment cards got traction, but people still repeat the same old mantra about going to a grocery shop (whatever) and having to wait for transaction confirmations. Bitcoin payment cards solve this problem efficiently and effectively. Ultimately, the price of the goods can be denominated directly in bitcoins, thereby completely throwing fiat away from the equation...

Personally, I see no particular hurdles in implementing this (apart from limited Bitcoin usage among retailers)

This is far from being an ideal solution though, at least for now. I too was really excited when I heard about Bitcoin payment cards the first time. The problem is that the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction is not something I would want to do, then you have loading fee and I think most charge a service fee every month too. Would be great if they implemented an NFC payment system like ApplePay while keeping the fees well under a dollar per transaction  Roll Eyes

I was considering the issue from a technical point of view, obviously. What you mention is not related to Bitcoin as such (high monthly payments, hefty transaction fees, etc). I think debit and credit plastic cards when they had been first introduced were also quite expensive to consumers until real competition kicked in. And now you can have payment cards with no fees altogether...

In my view, it is only a matter of time till the first totally free (free as beer) Bitcoin payment card is issued by some Bitcoin start-up
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2016, 02:02:47 AM
Personally I think that one of the most problem is the difficult to spend in "real life" .
And I add as plus the difficult to exchange "small cash" XX fiat in btc without paying higher fees.
I see as a big problem this difficult to use btc/cash easily & without limits Sad

Another big problem is related the speed of txs. Yes Credit card are reversible up to xx months, the same for other form of payment (Paypal!)
But when you go to a grocery o local shop, you need to wait for hypothesis that a tx is confirmed at least one time before say "ok it's payed".  Huh

It has already been over a year since the Bitcoin payment cards got traction, but people still repeat the same old mantra about going to a grocery shop (whatever) and having to wait for transaction confirmations. Bitcoin payment cards solve this problem efficiently and effectively. Ultimately, the price of the goods can be denominated directly in bitcoins, thereby completely throwing fiat away from the equation...

Personally, I see no particular hurdles in implementing this (apart from limited Bitcoin usage among retailers)

This is far from being an ideal solution though, at least for now. I too was really excited when I heard about Bitcoin payment cards the first time. The problem is that the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction is not something I would want to do, then you have loading fee and I think most charge a service fee every month too. Would be great if they implemented an NFC payment system like ApplePay while keeping the fees well under a dollar per transaction  Roll Eyes
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
September 26, 2016, 01:53:17 AM
No business accepts Bitcoin in my country and it's illegal to accept bitcoin in my country I suppose.
So that is my problem in using bitcoin. The problem is not with bitcoin but with my country IMO.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
September 26, 2016, 01:39:25 AM
Well i havent faced any such big problems while using bitcoin since i am using it almost 2 years.Yes there are some small issue which were resolved like some times it takes very long time for transaction to be confirmed but thats not a big problem.
Yes the confirmation of transaction is not too becoming big problem and it can be finished with increase the fees transaction before we send the bitcoin if we use bitcoin online wallet, although we still must wait until the transaction is done.

That's not a very big problem, besides if you are using it to buy something online, the site accepts it immediately...there is no greater problem than there is no where to use it in the locality or in real life... You always have to use exchanges to use your bitcoin to purchase or pay...  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 910
September 26, 2016, 01:30:27 AM
Well i havent faced any such big problems while using bitcoin since i am using it almost 2 years.Yes there are some small issue which were resolved like some times it takes very long time for transaction to be confirmed but thats not a big problem.
Yes the confirmation of transaction is not too becoming big problem and it can be finished with increase the fees transaction before we send the bitcoin if we use bitcoin online wallet, although we still must wait until the transaction is done.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 26, 2016, 01:24:22 AM
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 25, 2016, 09:22:32 PM
As an investor I consider about price fluctuations ( sometimes Btc is pumped and dumped ) or blocks problem that make my withdraw transactions in slowly.
I think the fluctuation is not a problem, just a lot of investors and traders who take advantage of the fluctuations to profit quickly. so do not underestimate the fluctuations

Me too I don't think the fluctuation of price is not a problem because that is the main feature for having unstable value. As I am using bitcoin for a lot of months already. I can say that I don't have problems with bitcoin so far, because I am a complainer and I am satisfied with the service of bitcoin is giving so no problem with me big or small.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 25, 2016, 05:03:29 PM

Well the issue of confirmation time while buying anything can be a big problem, as it would surely waste our time even if we have to buy small things and no one would like to wait for that long time.
While there will be such complexity for the operations in which the payment or bitcoin as money, neither of which cryptocurrency popularity can be no question. This is a big problem. How can we expect at least one confirmation in the store, when you have such limited time. Therefore, Bitcoin can not replace the real money.

It is not about bitcoin replacing fiat money, there is no way that can happen on such a short notice. Bitcoin growing and dominating the market of online payment is the most we should expect from bitcoin, but the wallet and address format, should be made much more user friendly. Idiot proof sending.
Activity: 420
September 25, 2016, 04:58:34 PM
As an investor I consider about price fluctuations ( sometimes Btc is pumped and dumped ) or blocks problem that make my withdraw transactions in slowly.
I think the fluctuation is not a problem, just a lot of investors and traders who take advantage of the fluctuations to profit quickly. so do not underestimate the fluctuations
Activity: 274
September 25, 2016, 04:28:02 PM

Well the issue of confirmation time while buying anything can be a big problem, as it would surely waste our time even if we have to buy small things and no one would like to wait for that long time.
While there will be such complexity for the operations in which the payment or bitcoin as money, neither of which cryptocurrency popularity can be no question. This is a big problem. How can we expect at least one confirmation in the store, when you have such limited time. Therefore, Bitcoin can not replace the real money.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 24, 2016, 09:38:22 AM

Activity: 812
September 24, 2016, 05:17:40 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 24, 2016, 04:11:47 AM
- Price Stability is not much
- If send wrongly then cannot get back
- Easily can be misuse

The unstable price of bitcoin is really not a problem at all because we can earn profits with that if we are traders, you should not just see it as a spender but you should see it as an investor too, if you are investing for trading purposes then stable prices wont work for you at all.
And misuse of a currency is not a problem occuring by a currency itself but it is because of the people using it in a bad way, so the currency does not have anything to do with that.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
September 24, 2016, 04:02:22 AM
- Price Stability is not much
- If send wrongly then cannot get back
- Easily can be misuse

Activity: 336
September 24, 2016, 02:59:12 AM
one big problem that I often face is, the time problem in sending bitcoin. confirmation time sometimes takes quite a long time.

I never encountered anything like that before.  It does not took long only a seconds after every transactions like sending and receiving.  And if ever that there would be a delay, I still do not consider it as a "big problem" with the bitcoin.  It still have many good things on its sides that I want to focus on more rather than its not really big flaws.
Activity: 434
September 24, 2016, 02:51:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
September 24, 2016, 02:09:59 AM
I find sometimes that the blockchain is really constipated and it can take ages for my payments to be confirmed so something needs to happen to get the blockchain moving faster and I don't know if developers are working on this or not but it would be nice to get a fix on it I think.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
September 23, 2016, 10:27:14 PM
The big problem for me using bitcoin is confirming sometimes it takes 4-hrs and above to confirm my transaction..
Like others 48hrs before confirm ..

the confirmation time is a little annoying and sometimes a problem but it is not a 4 hour problem and it certainly is not a 48 hour problem either.

you only have to learn to stop being cheap and then start paying the appropriate amount of fee to be abel to be considered as a high priority and be included in a block in less than minutes.
Pages:
Jump to: