Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IS CAUSING BITCOIN TO DROP?????????? - page 3. (Read 1034 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 07:58:44 PM
I heard that facebook will ban all the advertisement related to bitcoin.
This is one reason but not the main one.
Activity: 149
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 07:55:20 PM
I guess market manipulation should be one of the main culprits. And of course also some very big whale cashing out of course - but I think that that would still be manipulation - with the purpose of buying back lower.
Activity: 326
Merit: 8
>> CryptoMedia.press
February 01, 2018, 07:35:33 PM
Perhaps there are more people selling BTCs than people buying BTCs?
This is why they call it a market, because the price can go down just as it can go up.

This is the only correct answer.

Many years ago I read a theoretical example demonstrating that only buyers and sellers can affect price. It was along the lines of "What would happen to the stock price if Intel announced lousy earnings on a Saturday morning? Answer: nothing, because the markets are closed".

BTC is going down because the sellers are being more aggressive than the buyers at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You can certainly speculate on what might be motivating them, but that's a whole different ballgame and largely academic.

If we analyze the last 2 months market I think it`s not possible to conclude that sellers are more than the buyers! Instead very huge amount of people have entered into the crypto market after the second half of december. Moreover I don`t think they sell at that moment - all players entered on 12K-14K BTCUSD shouldn`t get out just after 2-4 weeks with 30% loss (exc. they are really stupid - very rare cases). The possible reasons BTC to fall at the time thousand new players came buying are

1) Market manipulation (bots)
2) Really big players cashing out
Activity: 182
February 01, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
We saw dramatical declines nowadays. It is volatile and everyday we can see new fake news, old news or speculating news. I dont look for reasons anymore. Whales are playing like a toy. But good days will come soon!
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 07:21:44 PM
Regulators could have the biggest impact on Bitcoin and Cryptos prices as multiple countries have either implemented some regulations or have discussed plans to limit them. If the regulations become too burdensome they could negatively impact the usage and therefore price of Cryptos.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
February 01, 2018, 07:13:01 PM
Perhaps there are more people selling BTCs than people buying BTCs?
This is why they call it a market, because the price can go down just as it can go up.

This is the only correct answer.

Many years ago I read a theoretical example demonstrating that only buyers and sellers can affect price. It was along the lines of "What would happen to the stock price if Intel announced lousy earnings on a Saturday morning? Answer: nothing, because the markets are closed".

BTC is going down because the sellers are being more aggressive than the buyers at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You can certainly speculate on what might be motivating them, but that's a whole different ballgame and largely academic.

Activity: 40
Merit: 6
February 01, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
Who remembers Jamie Dimon calling bitcoin a scam, then subsequently it dropped?
I do.
Who remembers the allegations, post the incident that JP.Morgan Chase was attempting to buy in?
I do.
Who is aware that JPMorgan Chase has a Github repository for a Cryptocoin named Quorum, based on Ethereum?
I am.
Who now believes the huge rise in Bitcoin after Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP.Morgan Chase made those scam claims, was solely down to global Bank investments?
I am starting to.
Who now thinks the banks made themselves the biggest players in the game (whales), so they could destroy decentralised currency reputation, and issue their own centralised Cryptocurrencies to keep in control of the worlds finances, people and financial trust in the system?
I do.

They are demonstrating a power, mass dumps, followed by, FUD on Bitcoin, however, every news article about the blockchain is positive, why?
Type Bitcoin in google right now it’s a sea of shit.
Type Blockchain however, well, let’s just say a future bed of roses.
Yet it’s the same technology.

They seek to destroy Bitcoin to replace it with their own cryptocurrencies.
The positive comments on Blockchain are so they can market their coins as Blockchain coins.
We may be about to see the very end of Bitcoin, however, I hope, I really do that we have an ace up our sleeves.
Don’t let the tyrants re-establish control.
Activity: 56
February 01, 2018, 06:38:37 PM
It's not so much about the panic selling it's about the fact that utility tokens are controlled by companies. These companies are regulated,
 they have to answer to some form of regulation. Therefore these utility tokens no matter how convenient, helpful or fancy are a backdoor in for regulators.
 Regulation for this industry is bad. If some of you don't know IRS are already trying to tax people millions even if they have only made a few thousand (simply because of the number of times they have traded).
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
February 01, 2018, 06:35:52 PM
WHAT IS CAUSING BITCOIN TO DROP?

AND NO IT'S NOT JUST FUD!!

We all know that bitcoin has a number of supply. Developers of created the number of supply of bitcoin to balance the demand.  So this is the case., if bitcoin demand is high,  the price of bitcoin is starting to rise but when bitcoin supply is high thats the time that it will continuesly fall down especially if a lot of people are selling their bitcoins.
Activity: 15
February 01, 2018, 06:30:53 PM
Co-ordinated dumping my whales or financial institutions?

You have got it. By the way of the complicity of governments and mainstream media who together have started to attack Bitcoin in many different ways, such as the BS Indian news of today.

If there is an coordinated dumping from the whales then can we assume that they are the one who brought mislead information in the community about the news on India? anyway I saw a lot of articles/news about explaining that India will embrace the Blockchain technology so let's just wait a few hours or days then the market will recover after this FUD's.

Embracing blockchain technology is NOT the same as embracing Bitcoin.  Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?  This tells me that many of the people on the forum have never really thought about what purpose Bitcoin serves.  They're just buying it because it's new and kewl, oh, and it's going to change the world!  Gag me.
Activity: 311
Merit: 109
Endless Horizons!
February 01, 2018, 06:30:36 PM
Most of what is happening is very easily explained. I really don't understand why people are panicking. You have wallstreet trying as hard as they can to make BTC seem like a self fulfilling prophecy. They have provided massive liquidity for the early investors, created futures contracts and have bought and now are exiting to possibly buy lower they want to kill this thing that allows people to go around them. Don't forget the whole BCC thing (I'm holding a few bags of that). Don't forget this random exchange news and the fact that the news in general have never been positive about it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
Bitcoin is dumping because it´s gonna be replaced by ETH soon...

BTC is more useless and broken recently, being shut down even by steam... Lighting network sounds cool but is not coming tomorrow and even with that it will be just a payment coin.

In other hand, second generation tokens are getting more and more useful...there´s so many things going on ETH network this days and more are planned to come in the following months...including nework improvements with Go Network, POS, etc.... ETH, at this big dip, it´s not so far of it´s ATH... many signals channels in telegram are recommending to switch to ETH... The time that "Altcoins" stop being called ALT and COINS is coming sooner than you think...
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
HodL!
February 01, 2018, 06:24:13 PM
IMO it is technical, the last major high was around around 7500-7800 depending upon which exchange your looking at and the spike high or where the daily candle closed at.

The 200 day moving average is also right at that level, so IMO (and speculation) is that will be the support area.  We will know in a day or so...
Activity: 168
February 01, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

People panic when the prices go down. Many new traders got on the market, many broken dreams have been happening. But the experienced ones willl pass by this atrocities.
Activity: 168
February 01, 2018, 06:23:22 PM
BTCSO THE REASONS SO FAR ARE:

NSA
CIA
GOVERNMENT
WHALES
S. KOREA
INDIA
WEAK HANDS
CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES

THE QUESTION IS...WHAT CAN WE ALL DO ABOUT IT???

----------------------

I think the only thing we can do about now is to buy Bitcoin while its on a dip. If all those whales dump it there are also people who are just waiting for a dip to buy more coins for their portfolio. I'm a hodler so I'll just be here waiting for all this issues to subside and I believe that Bitcoin and other altcoins will eventually reach all time high again.
Activity: 56
February 01, 2018, 06:22:50 PM
It is so painful to see because what so many of us forget is the significance of Bitcoin.
We will never experience this kind of FREEDOM again, if regulators enter into the market and take over!
We deserve the freedom to hold our own money, trade it freely and anonymously without being watched.
This isn't what Satoshi envisioned.
We need to regain control by becoming one large anonymous group!!!
Activity: 111
February 01, 2018, 06:21:25 PM
It's too overpriced anyway... should cost a bit more then gold  Tongue
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:15:00 PM
There could be a lot of possible reason why do we have this dip right now.
But one of the greatest cause will be the panic selling especially to those newcomers.
We cant deny the fact that there are a lot of investors out there who doesnt want to see their investment lost.
That is why they will instantly sell whenever they see bitcoins value fall.
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
February 01, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

recent hack of the exchange which saw 260000 nem lost
the upcoming Chinese new year
basically, the continued pressure of regulations has contributed to this
Activity: 896
Merit: 117
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 01, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
Whether this is a whale team game that makes the price drop, and later they can buy back when bitcoin prices are so cheap, surely this is a really good question to answer !!

A good question that no one can answer right. It hurts to see bitcoin on this kind of situation but we must be strong enough to control our emotion and remain positive despite of losses. Can really bitcoin go higher? Yes of course but I think it will take time, just buy more and be patience.

At least you can hold your bitcoin and keep it from panic with this condition, at least in the next few months we can see the price of bitcoin back 15000 dollars, or 12000 dollars, this is just a moment for everyone to buy so many bitcoin with the current price is very cheap to buy it !!

I guess this month will be amazing to bitcoin and all alts as well. if you could imagine the price of bitcoin will worth 100k compare it to the price right now. Time will tell that bitcoin will be going to pump hard.
Pages:
Jump to: