Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit? - page 2. (Read 1575 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
In my opinion, after the extraction of all bitcoins, the price will rise, but will stop at a certain figure and will continue to steadily keep near this mark. Vibrations will be present, but they will be insignificant. Around this time, it will be possible to talk about Bitcoin as an alternative world currency.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
LOL.. the limit will be reached sometime in the year 2140 and we have a lot of time to think about that. We may mot be alive until then... so why bother about it when we are having a lot many other important issues to take care about?
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
maybe at that time bitcoin will experience an increase in prices and even if there are still many people who are interested and want it, isn't the price of bitcoin experiencing price increases due to limited availability and depending on many requests, but if the market situation is like this, I still doubt investors will increase and return to be attracted to the market, but one thing is certain usually something limited in number will definitely have a high value and is very valuable or special and that will also happen to bitcoin if it has reached its limits
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Giving birth to bitcoin has started to be limited and along with the depletion, the price of bitcoin will be very expensive because bitcoin will definitely be very difficult to find while the demand is increasing and making prices very expensive
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?
Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D
When most of the coins are mined then this means that miners will need to get their money mostly through the fees that they charge, but this is not really a problem if for you the cost of a transaction is a problem you can send a transaction with a very low fee and eventually it is going to be confirmed once the network is not as busy, so I do not see any kind of problem.

First of all, we must not forget that this event will not happen soon. Those guys that will see it, will be probably happy to realize that they are rich (if they were holding BTC for long). Bitcoin will be very expensive.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
In my opinion, if you can reach the 21 million BTC supply, people will stop mining BTC and the price will be very high.
Activity: 686
Hello,
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

When most of the coins are mined then this means that miners will need to get their money mostly through the fees that they charge, but this is not really a problem if for you the cost of a transaction is a problem you can send a transaction with a very low fee and eventually it is going to be confirmed once the network is not as busy, so I do not see any kind of problem.
Activity: 882
I think the number of 21 million BTC is unknown, it is only predicted if reached such a number, the market will be saturated.
Exactly I often think if this number has been achieved now, then prices wouldn’t be getting up. Because according to buying and selling rule, when demand isn’t higher than supply, prices never shoot up. So yes, we hope that this number doesn’t get marked or the other way should be that more and more people must come in this world to increase demand.
isnt it when bitcoin supply already minted all , its supply on market become rare and people prefer to hold this.and when demand rise cause its technology or implementation price will rise sharply.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
I think the number of 21 million BTC is unknown, it is only predicted if reached such a number, the market will be saturated.
Exactly I often think if this number has been achieved now, then prices wouldn’t be getting up. Because according to buying and selling rule, when demand isn’t higher than supply, prices never shoot up. So yes, we hope that this number doesn’t get marked or the other way should be that more and more people must come in this world to increase demand.
Activity: 84
When we reach the 21 million BTC then a strong financial system will be developed through blockchain technology and it is not just over then all the transactions will be processed through this where the fiat will nor be independent from crypto and money supply of all the currencies bitcoin holders will have a  good reserve of fiat and they have choice of the money whether to use crypto or fiat.
In my opinion, after the supply limit of 21 million bitcoin is fulfilled, the price of bitcoin will be stable because there will be no more mining and hunting by speculators that will spur the growth of bitcoin prices. Bitcoin will become a digital currency that is used globally with a number of changes that have made countries refuse to accept it.
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
Hello,

Just for me i think when the total supply of bitcoin is pushed to the limit i think the bitcoin mining is going to stop and for sure as you said l the transaction is become expensive and the price will decrease a little bit because the more total supply the less price just in my opinion hehe.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
Hello,

I honestly believe we all are aware of this fact already that Bitcoin will soon be completely mined. The 21 million will only be transferred between one person to another in exchange for whatever service.
Yeah, that time will definitely come, bitcoin will not be able to be mined again, while the amount of bitcoin is limited, of course it will
soar the price of bitcoin to be very high. that is a sure thing to happen, if currently 79% are already mined, it means less a few years away bitcoin will not be able to be mine. my suggestion is to keep your bitcoin, bitcoin will be very valuable then.
Well, after bitcoin mining is finished, the value of bitcoin will increase very high but I believe this will not last long and then, bitcoin will gradually go down and began to go sideways, stabilized because the miners, the big whales of the market were no longer benefited when they were not mined. And they will definitely move on to another currency, maybe that would be a bitcoin alternative currency, although bitcoin's position will not be shaken but the community and its popularity will fall to the bottom
Activity: 252
by the time we reach the supply limit, i dont think we will be trading in Satoshi instead of in BTC unit. for that to happen, it would be an economy base on BTC. that would be ambitious.
brand new
Activity: 0
As the number of Bitcoins has reached the limit, I think the value of Bitcoin will increase, but will gradually stabilize. Bitcoin is limited in number to help it be more widely accepted. Bitcoin will have the opportunity to become official currency.
Activity: 546
When we reach the 21 million BTC then a strong financial system will be developed through blockchain technology and it is not just over then all the transactions will be processed through this where the fiat will nor be independent from crypto and money supply of all the currencies bitcoin holders will have a  good reserve of fiat and they have choice of the money whether to use crypto or fiat.
Activity: 140
Demand generates supply and this means that when mining is over, demand for bitcoin will be colossal. Bitcoin began to produce so quickly in recent years and there is very little, to be precise 3 646 425 BTC and the end )
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
Hello,

I honestly believe we all are aware of this fact already that Bitcoin will soon be completely mined. The 21 million will only be transferred between one person to another in exchange for whatever service.
Yeah, that time will definitely come, bitcoin will not be able to be mined again, while the amount of bitcoin is limited, of course it will
soar the price of bitcoin to be very high. that is a sure thing to happen, if currently 79% are already mined, it means less a few years away bitcoin will not be able to be mine. my suggestion is to keep your bitcoin, bitcoin will be very valuable then.
Activity: 32
When we reach the level of 21 million bits, then the transaction costs increase, while the mines will no longer receive the reward.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
Hello,

If all the bitcoins are mined, nothing much will happen. This event has virtually no effect on its price. However, the question is not even that. In a hundred and twenty years, bitcoin mining will probably no longer be relevant. During this time there will be such events that it is possible to forget about Bitcoin. If the cryptocurrency will continue to exist, then it will be completely different. And bitcoin will be completely different. Therefore, do not worry about such little things now. Moreover, we still will not know about it. Rather, not in this life.
Soon mining will be not profitable anymore since the reward are getting lesser and what they just get is the fee.
Thus the answer is clearly stated, it's already scarce and so the price.

The last bitcoin will be mine in 2140 and I'm sure most of us are gone by that time so don't bother anyway.
Why don't we just enjoy and live in the present.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Hello,

If all the bitcoins are mined, nothing much will happen. This event has virtually no effect on its price. However, the question is not even that. In a hundred and twenty years, bitcoin mining will probably no longer be relevant. During this time there will be such events that it is possible to forget about Bitcoin. If the cryptocurrency will continue to exist, then it will be completely different. And bitcoin will be completely different. Therefore, do not worry about such little things now. Moreover, we still will not know about it. Rather, not in this life.
Pages:
Jump to: