Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit? - page 6. (Read 1575 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Market Integration Platform
Nothing is going to happen and you will probably not be able to see it not because of that you will not be alive but bitcoin will not reach 21M supply  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
When all 21 million bitcoins are mined, I think that nothing significant will happen. It is unlikely that after this will significantly increase in price. By this time, it will already be a decent price, and if it does not have some exceptional functions by then, people will not buy it too much. What is the point of doing this, if we already have a lot of good crypto-currencies with qualities much greater than bitcoin and at the same time very low in price?
In addition, it should be borne in mind that the high cost of bitcoin will mean a high risk of investing, because given the high volatility of bitcoin, there will be a high risk of its depreciation due to negative information and the consequent panic of investors.
FUD is normal but that does not have anything to do with the supply limit. In this case, the only thing that would be affected is the incentive that is being given to the miners and in that case, the only thing left for miners is going to be the transaction fees.
High volatility is normal when you have a speculative asset, but as things change, bitcoin gets more adopted as currency, then we should not be experiencing much of that volatility in the long run.

I do not even think we should be worried about what is going to happen by then since a lot of us would have ceased to exist if not all of us. A lot of thing may still have changed by then and no one knows but in the real sense as things are presently, this is what would be expected and I believe even when this time comes, the demand for bitcoin would have really increased hugely than we can imagine that the value would have been crazily huge and maybe we would have started talking in satoshis by then than bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Well i don't think much will happens when we reach the 21 million supply mined, other than the price will start going up like crazy, everything will pretty much still stay the same, bitcoin does not go anywhere it stays in the network it just circulates it, probably the fact that it will reach that limit people will start holding it even more which will drive its price to some high prices for sure.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D
in my opinion, yes. because with the reduced supply, the miner will decrease. and will cause the high price of the coin. we will not know when it will happen. but from now we start preparing it. and most likely the miner will switch to altcoin.
one thing for sure is the bitcoin price will be more expensive. circulating coins in the market will be increasingly rare. and this will people are reluctant to sell their bitcoin. except at a very expensive price.

Circumstances will be like that, people will not sell reluctantly due to high price value that would circulates the markets. Otherwise they will shift to altcoin because altcoin is also be expensive once the bitcoin is rising, so it would be gratefull that you have both coins are holdings.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
If only one bitcoin existed from all the digital coins, then perhaps it would be so. After all 21 million bitcoins were mined, it could have grown in price because of the restriction of its supply in the market. However, even now there are a lot of good coins on the market with much better characteristics than bitcoins. It is unlikely that such a huge demand will be at bitcoin if at the same time there are a lot of crypto-currencies with a low price and no less promising ones.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
When all bitcoins are mined, the price will be huge. So, now it's time to buy bitcoin. When the last bitcoin is mined, all bitcoin holders will be very rich. I at least believe that.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
We really can't say for sure what will happen when the entire supply of 21 million runs out but using the law of supply and demand if supply ends and demands continues steadily or at a higher pace then that will mean that there will be an increase in price and value of bitcoin but I have seen some compelling arguments about the price crashing when supply runs out because there will no longer be miners to confirm transactions.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
We really can't say for sure what will happen when the entire supply of 21 million runs out but using the law of supply and demand if supply ends and demands continues steadily or at a higher pace then that will mean that there will be an increase in price and value of bitcoin but I have seen some compelling arguments about the price crashing when supply runs out because there will no longer be miners to confirm transactions.
Activity: 98
I think BTC will now be regulated for holders not to over price their coins,  as some coin will catch up soon, not totally equal price with Bitcoin but their progress will be fast and big since the main coin of all is now on its glory.

And of course before the bitcoin reach its limit mining will be hard, and will takes time to gain some points.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
Hello,
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

in my opinion, yes. because with the reduced supply, the miner will decrease. and will cause the high price of the coin. we will not know when it will happen. but from now we start preparing it. and most likely the miner will switch to altcoin.
one thing for sure is the bitcoin price will be more expensive. circulating coins in the market will be increasingly rare. and this will people are reluctant to sell their bitcoin. except at a very expensive price.
Activity: 276
Merit: 11
Hello,

Activity: 156
The bitcoins total mining limit is 21 million and after attaining the above  limit What is next that is what every bodies question about the market and the bitcoin .The answer is so simple that once the supply to the market is stopped what will happen to the market. according to the market theory the demand will increase so ultimately the price will be increasing. The entire mining process will be stopped and its price can be hiked.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Hello,

well, we all know that btc is a deflation coin. So, what happen to the price is pretty clear.

The good question is: why i have to mine if i can't have any btc as reward? you say right: transaction!

And the solution to not make transaction really expensive is to put more and more of in in every single block.

That made me think,what is the sense of mining when all the bitcoin has been mined already..or maybe they will transfer to altcoins?i dont know whats better to do right now?gather all that you can have until this time comes..but as far as i know the more the bitcoin has been mined the lower the reward miners get.so it means this can be long for another 10-50 years to mine all the bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
When supply is thinned, demand is not proportional to supply and maybe bitcoin prices will be higher. Transaction costs measured by bitcoin may be smaller than when bitcoin prices are still cheap. The higher the bitcoin price the smaller the transaction cost.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
Hello,

That's the time that there will be no mining of bitcoins that can ever happened and the value of bitcoin will surely skyrocket. Lucky are those who hodl lots of BTCs while the price is so low and wait for that moment when acquiring bitcoin is already impossible due to its scarcity and mining difficulty. With regards to the transaction fees I strongly believe that it would be so expensive cos every fee is worth alot of money due to the value of BTC and since miners will never receive rewards then tx fees will skyrocket as well. When this happens the purpose of bitcoin will no longer be realized as a currency but merely a store of value.

Hello,

I think it depends on the demand, if bitcoin is depleted mined from the total supply but there is little demand from society, then the value will remain (not up). So, it all depends on the conditions of demand and supply.

I agree with you on this (The law of supply and demand) but as what we can see now, bitcoin is still number 1 and there are still lots of newcomers to cryptoworld trying to acquire more btc as they want over time. So when we talk about the demand I strongly believe that the demand for bitcoin given the fact that its the best store of value when it comes to digital assets will still increase because as far as we know the higher the difficult mining bitcoin the higher its value.
Activity: 750
Merit: 258
I think that bitcoin will have the stable price or maybe we will die before bitcoin even reach 21 millions. Its hard to predict what will happen because it will occur around the 2100s which means only some of us can still alive. well, only our children can witness this event
Activity: 102
That is really promising if we reach the 21 million of bitcoin supply limit. If that would happen I am very sure that its price will be so expensive, as we know the demand and supply of bitcoin the more demand the higher its price will be. Therefore, many people would be more interesting to have it, so if you are a holder now it would be an advantage to you because you can sell it with a very high price value and will have a big profit.
Activity: 134
Hello,

I think it depends on the demand, if bitcoin is depleted mined from the total supply but there is little demand from society, then the value will remain (not up). So, it all depends on the conditions of demand and supply.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Hello,
Bitcoin will always be profitable, with the benefits that miners get before bitcoin prices and mining equipment are so expensive that they have gained a lot of money. So they will never stop mining even though bitcoin mining is difficult, they will find a gap to mine back.

Yes, if the miners are in trouble and the costs incurred to mine are very expensive then the price of transaction fee will be high too. But if this happens bitcoin will be mined so the price of bitcoin will soar, because the demand for bitcoin is very high. If high prices and high transaction fees I think it will not be a problem, investors and miners will benefit. But the problem is when bitcoin mining is very difficult and requires substantial capital, but in the bitcoin price market is weak, this will make a loss.
Activity: 644
Merit: 107
hmm ,,, in my opinion, if in likened, Bitcoin is like gold in the real world, and like valuables, Bitcoin can not be created just like that.
as far as i know, there are some impacts when global Bitcoin supply reaches its limit.
first, the impact on prices that is, Bitcoin has seen a very sharp price increase in just the last few months, as late as 2017, the price exploded so quickly and fantastically, Although no one is entirely sure how this Bitcoin will continue to spread into the world with a much larger price, it seems that a limited supply of currency may cause prices to continue rising to the next levels.
second, the impact on the miner itself is actually two arguments about what will happen to the miner, that is,
Some say that miners will be forced away from the rewards they receive for their work once Bitcoin's supply has reached 21 million. in my opinion, this argument assumes that transaction costs alone will not be enough to keep Bitcoin miners financially dissolved once the mining process is complete.

# there is reason to believe that transaction costs and mining costs will actually increase in the future. So we can imagine it is not difficult that the mining chip will be small and very efficient. and furthermore, transaction costs may increase, and this can also help miners to stay in the world of cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: