Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit? - page 9. (Read 1575 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 112
Unless there is a change in protocol, there won't be anymore bitcoins made.

Miners would rely on transaction fees to continue operating, its not sure yet if that would be sufficient but most likely, yes.
The price of bitcoin, well, it could and would still continue to increase. There is about a million bitcoins saved by the founder itself for this case where there is a great increase in demand.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D
21 million reached and the bitcoin will not possible to generate the more coin, The transaction fees will be increasing a lot. This time the txfees for every transaction touch $5 for a single transaction. and that's rediculous high.
Miner will not get the reward from mining the bitcoin block. They will be pushing the transaction fees to increase a lot imo.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Hello,
True.

True.

Nothing special. The reward will just drop till the last satoshi is mined.
Here is a graph.

Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

It is not going to be more difficult to mine bitcoins.
The reward will go down but so might the difficulty,and with the price rise in the end the miners will make the same profit or more for at least a decade.
Once the reward is going to be some satoshi miners might quit or rely on the tx fee.

BUT they can't push the tx fees higher.
Those are determined by the amount of space in the blocks and the amount of daily transactions.
If nobody is sending coins, the tx will be close to 0. If 100 millions try to do that, the offer and demand rule will kick in and you might end with 50$ per tx fee.
But the miners have little say in this (if they act normally and don't mine empty blocks or spam the network).

btc will not last that long,
because its just a tulp mania.
regards
There was a period long time ago when this was funny. But it was so long ago I even forgot how to laugh reading this.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
When the supply of a product becomes "fixed" and folks still want to get some, they will economically (maybe physically too) fight to acquire it.  Everything is for sale provided the price is high enough.  I am not currently selling my BTC, but if someone offered me enough I would change my mind.  We will almost certainly see a time when transactions will be in Satoshi's and it will be the extreme investor that will be trading daily in multiple full BTC; a decade from now.  10 years flies by quickly so hold on to your seats and enjoy the ride.  Even if you start now you will be an early adopter compared to 10 years from now.  I can hardly imagine what my BTC will be worth per coin then.  If I am right my heirs are going to have it made!

btc will not last that long,

because its just a tulp mania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

the infrastructure burdening waste of energy and the lack of legitimacy will end it.

most people that are putting their money into bitcoin do that only because they think they can leave with a higher value, similar like during the tulp mania in the netherlands in mid 17th century,

people sold a house for 3 rare tulp bulb for the same reason.

later there will be bitcoin cash bitcoin gold bitcoin platinum, bitcoin silver, bitcoin diamond, bitcoin whatevery.

during the tulpomania the traders and planets became rich not the speculants.

same will be here, the IT coders and the marketeers will earn a lot, not the speculants, they are the meatmass.

nevertheless he tulpomania left a longterm new econmic fields in the netherlands to,

that is why i like cryptoeconomics but i will not trust bitcoin

regards
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
It would take around the year 2140 for bitcoin's last block to be mined.Its true that mining would get difficult at that time.Now bitcoin miners get bitcoin as block reward and transaction fee as bonus.After 21 million coins get mined,there would be no bitcoins as reward and only transaction fee would be their profit.So,transaction fee would be very high at that time.But since bitcoin's price would also be very high,it would not be considered more.Also,due to technological developments,micro chips may be used for mining which would cut off the electricity more.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
There are two different ways you can code a cryptocurrency coin. First of all, it can have a fixed end such as Bitcoin. This is when a final number of Bitcoins are mined and then there is no more reward upon completing blocks. However, on the other hand some cryptos will never be fully mined, only splitting into smaller and smaller portions over time, with some always remaining to be mined.
It's make sense. I think it's fair to keep the miners stay working even the total supply almost reach with that split.
 Nobody know what will happen if no one mining bitcoin anymore because of no blocks to solve anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
There are two different ways you can code a cryptocurrency coin. First of all, it can have a fixed end such as Bitcoin. This is when a final number of Bitcoins are mined and then there is no more reward upon completing blocks. However, on the other hand some cryptos will never be fully mined, only splitting into smaller and smaller portions over time, with some always remaining to be mined.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Hello,

I think in that situation there is big possibilities that bitcoin is more strictly when it comes in transactions. Maybe the more bitcoin you want the more identity and more money you will going to gives just only to get bitcoin.

The mining of 21 million bitcoin supply limit will greatly affect the bitcoin price and especially, the Miners. We all know that the miners have to ways to earn bitcoin, it is the block rewards and the fees. If bitcoin was all mined, the block rewards will be gone and the only way they can earn bitcoin is through fees. I don't know if the miners will be happpy about that. The other one is the price which I think may have a good price pumps since the limit is reached and the demand will surely increase.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Hello,

I think in that situation there is big possibilities that bitcoin is more strictly when it comes in transactions. Maybe the more bitcoin you want the more identity and more money you will going to gives just only to get bitcoin.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Hello,

well, we all know that btc is a deflation coin. So, what happen to the price is pretty clear.

The good question is: why i have to mine if i can't have any btc as reward? you say right: transaction!

And the solution to not make transaction really expensive is to put more and more of in in every single block.
Activity: 761
Merit: 606
When the supply of a product becomes "fixed" and folks still want to get some, they will economically (maybe physically too) fight to acquire it.  Everything is for sale provided the price is high enough.  I am not currently selling my BTC, but if someone offered me enough I would change my mind.  We will almost certainly see a time when transactions will be in Satoshi's and it will be the extreme investor that will be trading daily in multiple full BTC; a decade from now.  10 years flies by quickly so hold on to your seats and enjoy the ride.  Even if you start now you will be an early adopter compared to 10 years from now.  I can hardly imagine what my BTC will be worth per coin then.  If I am right my heirs are going to have it made!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Hello,

Pages:
Jump to: