Pages:
Author

Topic: What is ICO ? - page 5. (Read 23937 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 04:14:34 AM
ICO is a new hyped way to fundraise the money for projects, mostly there are connected with blockchain technology. Duration of ICO and money target is regulated by team of projects. All their step about implementing the projects we can see in road map and white paper.
Ppl who want to invest in projects buy company's tokens and then they can use it or sell it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
October 28, 2017, 04:11:55 AM
ICO, or Initial Coin Offering-the initial fundraising to fund a project (usually a start-up) by selling its tokens (project shares) to all willing investors.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 04:05:48 AM
campaigning for a good that new people or products are not familiar with but in this vein there is a way of marketing vertical money or engaging people in social media.
Activity: 756
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
October 28, 2017, 03:28:08 AM
Hello, i'm new here and i would like to understand what is Initial Coin Offering.
Why does it open and closes ? And what is it actually ?

Thanks a lot if someone can help me.  Smiley

Ico is mainly one team fund raise foe their project. There are some stages that pre ico sale, ico sale.. You can get cheap coin value when contributing on ico.. Some coins have 10000  roi after ico..

Nowa days its better to invest with ico..,
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
October 28, 2017, 03:26:56 AM
ICO is the crypto equivalent of an IPO on a traditional stock exchange.

Seems like this is the new way for companies to raise the funds they need to develop a project without all the red tape associated with the stock market.

Peronally I would not invest further in any new ICO, I have seen them all cheaper after the ICO finishes in the stage before the product launches. I think the ICO is a good time to research and get to know a company but for maximum value I would invest afterwards.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 03:14:05 AM
ICO, or Initial Coin Offering (the primary location of the tokens) is the issuance of any project coupons or tokens designed to pay for site services in the future - in the form of a crypto currency.
Activity: 14
Merit: 6
October 16, 2017, 10:05:46 AM
"DEFINITION of 'Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.

Also called an Initial Public Coin Offering (IPCO).

BREAKING DOWN 'Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
When a cryptocurrency startup firm wants to raise money through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), it usually creates a plan on a whitepaper which states what the project is about, what need(s) the project will fulfill upon completion, how much money is needed to undertake the venture, how much of the virtual tokens the pioneers of the project will keep for themselves, what type of money is accepted, and how long the ICO campaign will run for. During the ICO campaign, enthusiasts and supporters of the firm’s initiative buy some of the distributed cryptocoins with fiat or virtual currency. These coins are referred to as tokens and are similar to shares of a company sold to investors in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) transaction. If the money raised does not meet the minimum funds required by the firm, the money is returned to the backers and the ICO is deemed to be unsuccessful. If the funds requirements are met within the specified timeframe, the money raised is used to either initiate the new scheme or to complete it.

Early investors in the operation are usually motivated to buy the cryptocoins in the hope that the plan becomes successful after it launches which could translate to a higher cryptocoin value than what they purchased it for before the project was initiated. An example of a successful ICO project that was profitable to early investors is the smart contracts platform called Ethereum which has Ethers as its coin tokens. In 2014, the Ethereum project was announced and its ICO raised $18 million in Bitcoins or $0.40 per Ether. The project went live in 2015 and in 2016 had an ether value that went up as high as $14 with a market capitalization of over $1 billion.

ICOs are similar to IPOs and crowdfunding. Like IPOs, a stake of the startup or company is sold to raise money for the entity’s operations during an ICO operation. However, while IPOs deal with investors, ICOs deal with supporters that are keen to invest in a new project much like a crowdfunding event. But ICOs differ from crowdfunding in that the backers of the former are motivated by a prospective return in their investments, while the funds raised in the latter campaign are basically donations. For these reasons, ICOs are referred to as crowdsales.

Although there are successful ICO transactions on record and ICOs are poised to be disruptive innovative tools in the digital era, investors are cautioned to be wary as some ICO or crowdsale campaigns are actually fraudulent. Because these fund-raising operatives are not regulated by financial authorities such as the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), funds that are lost due to fraudulent initiatives may never be recovered.

In early September, 2017, the People's Bank of China officially banned ICOs, citing it as disruptive to economic and financial stability. The central bank said tokens cannot be used as currency on the market and banks cannot offer services relating to ICOs. As a result, both bitcoin and ethereum tumbled, and it was viewed as a sign that regulations of cryptocurrencies are coming. The ban also penalizes offerings already completed."
Activity: 588
VOTE TO EARN - Here's your chance to VOTE, IMPACT
October 13, 2017, 12:54:33 PM
Hello, i'm new here and i would like to understand what is Initial Coin Offering.
Why does it open and closes ? And what is it actually ?

Thanks a lot if someone can help me.  Smiley
What is the difference between ICO and token sale?
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
October 09, 2017, 12:23:45 PM
ICO also known as Initial coin offering.

It's a crowd funding for the Token to gain more investors on the community.
But, some ICO don't hit their targer price for thier coin some are just failing and some are running. Always take caution when investing your money.
Activity: 9
October 09, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
ICOs to me mean I Can't Offer Shit

There are different ICOs. ICO high tech project means hope for funding,  I think.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
October 02, 2017, 09:52:38 AM
ICO it is a project with own coins what is similar with "actions" . When you buy whis coins it means you bought 'actions' of this project, you invested in ICO. And if ICO will be succesful your coins will grow in price and you can sell it, or it can be scam and you lose everything. So it needs a lot of learning about ICO's
Activity: 9
October 01, 2017, 03:47:05 PM
ICO's can make you a lot of money or leave you empty handed if it ends up being a scam.  I have been on the receiving end of both.  Be careful and do your research before investing. 

But who knows the best way to check into the project?
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
September 24, 2017, 04:28:29 PM
And what is the ICO influence on coin prices ?

Generally the amount put into the crowdfund dictates the coin market cap. For example, if you put in 1BTC and the project collects 1BTC TOTAL all the coins will be worth 1BTC.

So 100,000 Xcoins will be worth 1BTC

if 2BTC is put in that puts 100,000 Xcoins at a 2BTC market cap.

Make sure you are careful with ICO's some of them are scams, there are a few good projects that are associated with ICO's - successful ICO's include projects like NXT and Ethereum.

My site lists ICO's on a time schedule: http://icocountdown.com

Check out my blog because I do research into them to see if they are scams or otherwise:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/

Now I get how coins or tokens after ICO get their coin price.
But Sir, if they don't get to 1Btc as the amount put into the ICO till when their ICO ends, how does it affect them or it doesn't?
no, this does not affect their price.
Activity: 625
September 24, 2017, 10:52:41 AM
And what is the ICO influence on coin prices ?

Generally the amount put into the crowdfund dictates the coin market cap. For example, if you put in 1BTC and the project collects 1BTC TOTAL all the coins will be worth 1BTC.

So 100,000 Xcoins will be worth 1BTC

if 2BTC is put in that puts 100,000 Xcoins at a 2BTC market cap.

Make sure you are careful with ICO's some of them are scams, there are a few good projects that are associated with ICO's - successful ICO's include projects like NXT and Ethereum.

My site lists ICO's on a time schedule: http://icocountdown.com

Check out my blog because I do research into them to see if they are scams or otherwise:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/

Now I get how coins or tokens after ICO get their coin price.
But Sir, if they don't get to 1Btc as the amount put into the ICO till when their ICO ends, how does it affect them or it doesn't?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
September 24, 2017, 10:40:12 AM
Why invest in ico?
People invest in ICO because to get maximum return on their investment but it is not always true the value of tokens after ICO may decrease when it hit exchanges. But now a days ICO are becoming more like gambling and new ICOs pops every day.

Investing in an ICO isn't just about making money though. Supporting the development team by giving them funds for them to work on stuff is a method to show that you are supporting the coin.
that's the main purpose, I could say that most of the ico investors were money oriented, they expect money but also expecting the project to grow up succesfully,.
by that,they won't miss a project that could be another huge company in the future, also, if the project becoming success, they'll get profit from it too.
Activity: 5
September 24, 2017, 10:08:05 AM
Very informative thank you.
Activity: 26
September 24, 2017, 06:22:06 AM
Before engaging in ICO's check several rating websites, e.g. https://icodrops.com
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
September 24, 2017, 05:46:57 AM
Understanding What an ICO Is And Why Government Wants to Regulate It

It would appear that on planet crypto, ICOs are currently the flavor of the month, perhaps also of the season. With each passing day, a new ICO is announced and they have now become ubiquitous across all forms of media. Coinidol writers, for example, receive information on at least one new ICO every day. With so much variety to choose from, any investor would be right to ask how to go about picking a viable ICO, and avoid falling into the hands of the scammers who litter the crypto landscape. So how does one know which ICO to invest in? Before we can answer that question, we would benefit by understanding what ICOs are.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/understanding-what-ico-is/
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 13, 2017, 04:37:10 PM
Here is an article that explains what an ICO is, a little bit of the history, why they have exploded and if you should invest in them.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/what-is-an-ico-and-should-dive-in-f712ffdef9eb

Hope this helps

This is a really great article, learned a lot from it, thanks @phoenixdowndee
Activity: 55
September 13, 2017, 09:50:24 AM
I regard that ICO is created to raise funds for the project and the product it represents itself, including development and promotional aspects. The more people are interested in the ICO, the more potential investors will be willing to be engaged into it and make investments into it as well.
Pages:
Jump to: