Pages:
Author

Topic: What is ICO ? - page 2. (Read 551 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 03:12:59 AM
its means Initial Coin offer,  its an avenue to invest in new cryptocurrency before being launched in exchanges to the general crypto world.  check out one very good ICO in its third stage of ICO called e-chat,  check it out at https://ico.echat.io
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
February 02, 2018, 02:22:29 AM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?

ICO is Initial Coin Offering from the word IPO (Initial Public Offering) so meaning is same overall. The start up company want to publish "The Coin" with the business plan for the long term.
The company build a projects and have developer, advisors and investor of course to starting the business. When "The Coin" released it has a initial value and will be launch in crypto market

For the example, Arcblock has a good prospect and I want to buy "The Coin" named ABT before launch so I can buy with lower rate and bonus offering from the company. When ICO release in market then the price will be going up.
Activity: 322
February 02, 2018, 01:53:09 AM
ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. If i say simply before launching the project they issue some token percentage to the market in a lower amounts with additional bonus. There are two types of ICO's that is private sale and public sale. But you have to be very careful about scam ICO's and but majority of them are real.  Before investing any ICO's we should properly go through their white paper and then we can get the clear idea about the project. These days there is a good ICO called "Arcblock" and their public sale will start on Feb 3rd, 2018, 7pm CST.
Activity: 140
February 02, 2018, 01:35:44 AM
I search and take a look on your question and I found out all answer in the link that I provide. Please take a look.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
February 02, 2018, 01:20:37 AM
ICO is a new investment which gives us an opportunity to invest and benefit from the investment. because investing in ICO is easier and gives us investors bigger profit than other investing (I think  Grin).
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
February 02, 2018, 01:14:03 AM
It's a way of raising funds to fund the development and design of a certain cryptocurrency. Investors can invest on the ICO which in return, gets cryptocurrency equivalent to the money invested by the investors + bonus if they invest on an early stage of token sale.
Activity: 18
February 02, 2018, 12:36:18 AM
ICO (initial coin offering) is the phase where the developed coin is being offered to the investors,most of the time if the ICO hits the softcap the project would have a clear path in the future,but hitting hardcap would be better as the developers would have a lot of funds to be use in the development of the coin,most of the ICOs nowaways are being created because of the money,so we need to be careful of picking these ICOs.
Activity: 176
February 02, 2018, 12:23:33 AM
An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange
Activity: 229
February 02, 2018, 12:20:53 AM
good choice, the coin you have chosen is a coin that has good growth. ICO is a method to raise funds aimed at developing a crypto project, and ICO is offered by developers to contributors to develop projects and complete complete.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
February 02, 2018, 12:18:58 AM
Initial Coin Offering or ICO is the starting companies way to resource funds for them to start the development of a certain project. There's public and private sale in which you can participate, but to be able to eligible in these sales you need to be whitelited first and comply in their KYC (know your customer) phase. KYC is the part where a participating applicant needs to send a Picture, Government IDs or any proof of identification and address confirmation also. ICO's is one of the many ways to earn in the cryptoverse. Do your own research before investing in one, alot of scams are there right now.
Activity: 287
Merit: 6
February 02, 2018, 12:14:38 AM
I joined for 2 months, and till now i'm investing by my profit. Maybe my lucky  Grin
Activity: 406
February 02, 2018, 12:10:35 AM
ICO means Initial Coin Offer, a form of capital raising so that companies with blockchain and cryptocurrency based projects can carry out their projects.
It is similar to an Initial Public Offer (IPO) which is the initial way that the companies of the stock market use to enter the market. Obviously, the rules, regulations and restrictions of ICOs are not uniform and practically do not exist when compared to IPOs
Activity: 266
February 01, 2018, 11:44:13 PM
ICO means initial coin offering where in stock market it is IPO or initial public offering. ICO is offered  by individuals to raise funds for a new cryptocurrency venture. Usually it is ideal to invest in ICO because this is the time when its price is starting to go up.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
February 01, 2018, 11:36:35 PM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?
ico is the new way to fund money. from ico people can fund money and realize their project. its short of investment to new business that wanted to using blockchain technology in their businesses. 
here article that might help you understand about ico https://blockgeeks.com/guides/initial-coin-offering/
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
February 01, 2018, 11:25:14 PM
It’s the short of initial coin offering. Basically when a new project comes up , they are offering their coins from cheap pricess in return of supporting their project. It’s a great way of multiplying your money. If you find a good new project don’t hesitate to participate in its ico.

And much better to do some research before you grab that opportunity because there's so many ICO's project now was become a scam they didn't fulfill their promises about the project, yes that kind of opportunity is good when it comes to gain a profit but like i said doing some research is crucial.

By the way, like everyone siad, the meaning of "ICO" is ( Inital Coin Offering ) and they also called "Initial Public Coin Offering" or IPCO in short.
Activity: 98
February 01, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Money Rasing Game.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 05:51:07 AM
ICO is initial coin offering. It's when some team make up a start-up project that can be of use for a lot of people but need a lot of money to realize their plan. So they start to sell tokens - it's like stocks - that buyers will be able to use in the future to get some services of the project or just sell for bigger amount of money
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
February 01, 2018, 05:02:37 AM
ICO is, by and large, a fundraising process, thanks to this process, I think many people will be able to realize their ideas. And it will be hoped that these ideas will be of great benefit to humanity.
Activity: 252
January 29, 2018, 07:13:05 AM

ico is the most reliable for currencies. During the ico period people hear and invest in the project. ico period is the period when patience people raise their money
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
January 27, 2018, 04:29:52 PM
ICO stands Initial Coin Offering and also sometimes called ITO Initial Token Offering, is when coins or tokens of a project are put on sale, so it basically means the sale date of that coin or token
Pages:
Jump to: