Pages:
Author

Topic: What is ICO ? - page 3. (Read 551 times)

Activity: 320
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?
Google is full of information on this subject. Why ask such questions? Really hard to devote ten minutes of your time and to find information in Google?
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 27, 2018, 01:52:12 PM
I basically agree with many statements, but only I understand that when you invest in ICO you do not just buy a coin of this company, but buy a part of the shares of this company.

ICO stands for initian coin offering. As it abbreviation. Is help to for the tock process. ICO is good opportunity for the tock project work. So you will know about ico you will check tha market place. Most of the coin in the Market places. So it will helpful to future improvement and tock investment.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Blockchain Identity Verification
January 27, 2018, 01:31:13 PM
I basically agree with many statements, but only I understand that when you invest in ICO you do not just buy a coin of this company, but buy a part of the shares of this company.
Activity: 36
January 27, 2018, 01:26:49 PM
Hello, in my understanding ICO is like one of the ways of transparent financing of projects, launching projects using a block chain network. the very purpose of the ICO is to raise funds for the development of projects that they develop. I tried to describe it, as I understand it myself.
Activity: 55
January 27, 2018, 01:17:16 PM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies. The pre-created token can be easily sold and traded on all cryptocurrency exchanges if there is demand for them.
Activity: 30
January 27, 2018, 01:15:09 PM
I am also new at this, i may be not right, but ICO for me is new company witch offer coins, which are new to the community and are for the community. It is like a startup, you fund it  and hope that they will go to the market and realize the idea. They raise funds to develop the projects they develop. If i am wrong someone can explain me more, thank you.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
January 27, 2018, 01:08:08 PM
ICO means Initial Coin Offering. It means collecting funds from public or private by offering coins for further business development.
Once the ICO is over, then it will be listed in exchanges. From exchanges anyone can participate to buy coins
Activity: 126
Merit: 16
Escrow
January 27, 2018, 12:06:43 PM

Easiest way to explain ICO
This company "Babahaha" has came up with an idea and the problem they face is money issue.
So they need to raise funds so they need people to contribute in return you get tokens to keep and those tokens has benefit for early contributors.
You can be
Long term investors - keeping the token knowing their benefit and stuff you study about the company.
Short term investors - knowing the surface and sell it when it hit the exchange
So always know what is the ICO about before paying or submitting your KYC if needed
Activity: 275
January 27, 2018, 11:59:02 AM

ICO is a means for us to invest in a new altcoin unit or can be called as a way to profit from the purchase of coins when the price is still low and sell it when the price goes up.
Activity: 145
January 27, 2018, 11:54:32 AM

It is also termed as INTIAL COIN OFFERING where team will generate value for their project by selling their coins at low cost intially and it’s value will increase when it’s come to exchange
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
January 27, 2018, 11:52:13 AM
ICO is short form of INITIAL COIN OFFERING, whenever a new platform(COIN) hit the crypto market, they offer their coins to purchase in the market to collect initial investment from investors.
Activity: 168
January 27, 2018, 11:48:50 AM
ICO is a way to scam off a lot of money without delivering product.

Why do you think so?

I think he was just joking but unfortunately that is the reality nowadays since most of ICOs are so scammy.
Activity: 314
Merit: 20
January 27, 2018, 11:44:55 AM
Yes, as mentioned by others, ICO is Initial Coin Offering. It is like IPO or Initial Public Offering for traditional companies. ICO is done in the coin o blockchain community. Instead of stocks or shares, coins is being offered as ownership with the company. So buy yourself a coin now Smiley
Activity: 516
Merit: 105
January 27, 2018, 11:40:42 AM
IСO is the primary collection of money for a company.
That is, the company has an idea, but there is no money for its implementation.
Therefore, they collect money in return to give tokens, which, as far as the implementation of the project, can grow in value or in general they can be exchanged for a share of the company's shares.
You should not invest anywhere, then you will not lose your money.
Study in detail the white paper, the website, the manual, and only then decide
Activity: 182
January 27, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
ico is a means for us to invest in an altcoin or arguably a way to gain profits over time that spans quite a while.

That is only a limited part of the possibilities of ICOs. They may be offering coins, tokens and sometimes it is for a new coin, but many times is to fund a new company or service. Profit long or short term are not really guaranteed ever.
Activity: 348
January 15, 2018, 06:30:37 PM

ICO is a Initial Coin Offering this the way to how raise your project hold. But a lot suffering becuase your own money and many scam will now.If improve your project buying coin and work cant enough.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 05:21:39 PM
What is An Initial Coin Offering? Raising Millions In Seconds

The Initial Coin Offering gold rush – the future of fundraising or just another crypto scam?

Ethereum – The Initial Coin Offering?- ICO Crowdfunding Machine

And the answers was in here:
https://blockgeeks.com/guides/initial-coin-offering/

Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
January 15, 2018, 05:05:21 PM

i also join in crypto currencies a few month Cheesy Cheesy

i find ICO(Initial Coin Offering) at this site https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp

I hope it can help you!
Very good resource. Almost everything that can be found about ICO on one site! Particularly like the section of the Financial Advisors. Thanks you!!
Activity: 56
January 14, 2018, 06:50:27 AM
Investopedia says that it's an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks.
Activity: 56
January 14, 2018, 06:47:56 AM
ICO is a way to scam off a lot of money without delivering product.

Why do you think so?
Pages:
Jump to: