Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best way for marketing a new crypto? - page 6. (Read 692 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
My question is mainly how to do the marketing if you are launching a new crypto currency step by step ?

One of the biggest obstacles may be finding an avenue towards marketing a crypto currency in a way which appeals to the average person who is likely not computer savvy, interested in economic thought experiments or technically inclined in terms of comprehending what a blockchain is or why deflationary currencies could matter over the long term.

Linux attempted to gain mainstream appeal via utilizing a cute, cuddly, penguin mascot. Can bitcoin, ICOs or alts learn from or emulate this form of tactic? Is it worthwhile or time effective to pursue in this day and age? Viral marketing campaigns have shifted and evolved over time to encompass more of an entertainment genre than one which invokes information or education. This makes it difficult to market things like crypto currencies, which appeal moreso to intellect and long term planning.

At least some of our current culture revolves around instant gratification and get rich quick schemes. The ideal of having something for nothing is what has market appeal atm. How to market crypto, alts and ICOs in a way which appeals to those types of mentalities?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Not to come across as harsh as the above poster, but before you launch your new coin and before you try to market it, stop.

First, study every single other coin project that has a listing on CoinGecko.com. I used to say CoinMarketcap but they only list coins that have a daily trading volume of over 100K USD, so they leave a lot out.

Study their executive teams, their plans, their goals, what problem they are solving and what new products they are creating.

A lot of the coins out there are probably junk, but let me recommend you focus your study on a few of them: DMD Diamond, DNotes, NEM (XEM), STEEM, SMART Cash. All of those projects are solid, but I'm sure they're not the only ones.

Once you have carefully studied all the projects and eliminated the bad ones...

...look at your own project and ask yourself what your coin will accomplish that these other projects have not already tackled or plan to tackle in the near future. Does your coin offer something unique and of value?

If it does, then start by posting about it right here on this thread. Tell me about it. I love investing in promising new projects, but they have to be more than just an idea with a fancy white paper.

If it doesn't offer anything unique or valuable, then don't bother even starting. Instead, join up with a project that is already accomplishing what you want to see accomplished. You won't regret it.
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
The best way is don't because your project is probably shit and more ICOs just dilute this space and take away from bitcoin.  over 95 percent of these fucking tokens will be dead within a year or two.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Contrary to popular belief, a good product won't market itself.
ICOs utilize
Social media ( facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, reddit, telegram etc.
Blogging (steemit, youtube, medium etc)
These are ways of exposing your product to the general public
Bitcointalk has the target audience for cryptocurrency, and receives more attention.
Rewarding referrals is also a way of encouraging publicity.

Organizing seminars and webinars, is a good way of announcing your product, and brings you closer to your community.
Activity: 31
i would recommend to learn from other successful ico campaigns.
there are plenty of them and you should check them. especially those from 2017 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
My question is mainly how to do the marketing if you are launching a new crypto currency step by step ?

You can refer on other ICO's way of marketing:

a) Helding a bounty campaign here in bitcointalk*

b) Opening a signature campaign (WEEKLY btc payment) here in bitcointalk*

c) Placing ads on social media platforms

d) Placing ads on Youtube (the one shown before viewing any videos)

e) Doing a regular meetups and seminars discussing the projects goal in public

f) Non stop advertising at any means

*you can considered other crypto related forums too

Honestly marketing cryptos needs more dedication than when the time you are planning it. Proper execution is a must and accept that it will be a difficult way. Sometimes you need to spend big money on it even without an assurance that it will be paid off. Goodluck anyways.

Activity: 8
Pages:
Jump to: