Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your favorite books ? - page 7. (Read 4064 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
August 09, 2018, 08:13:45 AM
One of my favorite books is Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It is basically about improving yourself, your life, and your relationships. It talks about prioritizing different things. It helps you figure out what the most important things really are in your life. Covey also talks about the abundance mentality. This is the idea that there is more that enough to go around for everybody. When you believe that you really find that things come to you more. It's much better than the scarcity mindset.
Activity: 40
August 09, 2018, 07:32:07 AM
Madol duwa a Sinhala novel there is an English translation too by Martin Wikramasingha 
Activity: 48
August 09, 2018, 06:34:11 AM
My favorite book is Sherlock holmes because i love adventure and i want to have a life as the main character of Sherlock holmes.
Activity: 38
August 09, 2018, 05:57:29 AM
The Snowman by Jo Nesbø, it a must read book. You must read it and know why.
Activity: 30
August 09, 2018, 05:45:33 AM
Can you tell me about your favorite books end explain, why do you enjoy it ?)
I were in class 9 then, walking across the street of Gandhi Maidan found this book called–‘The secret’ by Rhonda Byrne at one of the street bookseller. When I first look at the book name– The Secret,I were completely perplexed as what secret this book could reveal. There were so many thing rushing in my mind and all I had was 70 rs left in my pocket. Original book price was about rs. 600. Being second hand book and that too in very bad condition I straightforwardly request him to give it at 70 rs,to which he bargained for sometime but finally give it to me.

After reaching my house walking in that scorching heat first of all I began reading that book. Things I get to know was inexplicable,I got motivated upto the level from where I started believing that I can get anything with this secret. All I had to do is to increase the degree of my belief for the thing I were aspiring.

Once one of my cousin visited my home and I out of curiosity started talking about that book. He asked me if you start believing that you will get married to Katrina Kaif, will it happen? I said definitely yes, but one would have to keep thinking about getting her for over 90% of the time a day. And keep imagining and acting in the way he will act after getting married. He laughed and left.

I used to be so happy and overexcited those days that I can't explain right here. I was overconfident about even if I won't work that much hard which is required I will get through in anything I will dream about. But consistently believing about any one thing for long time seems impossible.

I still don't know how much truth does this book hold. But I believe that if anyone keep one's focus for one particular goal and work accordingly s/he will get that for sure.

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life– think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscle, nerves every part of your body be full of that idea. And just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”

—— Swami Vivekananda.

Activity: 49
August 09, 2018, 04:43:25 AM
I like reading crime fiction books. The Barrington Stone series and Murder on the Orient Express are just some of my favorites.
copper member
Activity: 98
GIGZI -INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT www.gigzi.com
August 09, 2018, 04:32:46 AM
To be honest i dont read books that much. You can check on internet and read each books review.
Merit: 1
August 07, 2018, 11:35:24 PM
When I studied in school i loved reading books, some of my favourite authors at the time were Enid Blyton, Rohl Dahl and Wilbur Smith. These books would send my imagination on an adventure across the seas. I used to love reading. In university I started reading less because of all the time I spent studying, I mainly use to read at holidays. I used to still read Wilbur Smith but added one more to my collection - Teodore Draizer. Now that I am working I dont have any time for reading.
Activity: 70
August 07, 2018, 11:20:21 PM
favorite books ? comic  Cheesy
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
August 07, 2018, 04:41:23 PM
Some of my all time favorite books include:

1. Gullivers' Travels by Jonathon Swift
2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
3. Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
4. Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh
5. Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis
6. The Castle by Franz Kafka
August 07, 2018, 12:32:38 PM
Book about architecture because I am interested in architecture.
Activity: 84
August 07, 2018, 10:31:58 AM
I likes novel and memoirs, one of my favorite is "First, They Killed My Father" by Loung Ung. It has been adapted to a film and can be seen on Netflix.
Activity: 26
August 06, 2018, 03:28:13 AM
my favorite books is kontol goreng
Activity: 56
August 06, 2018, 03:25:40 AM
Reading fictional medieval books like harry potter, percy jackson and the witcher series books.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
August 05, 2018, 06:03:10 PM
Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Thomas-Sowell/dp/0465060730/

Helped me understand Economics
Activity: 170
August 05, 2018, 06:42:22 AM
My favorite book is Bringing your pussy and travel, a book by Huyen Chip very famous.
August 05, 2018, 06:02:41 AM
My favorite book is Harry Potter.
Activity: 34
August 05, 2018, 04:48:36 AM
My favorite books are about science like exotic animals, history and politics.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
August 05, 2018, 02:01:51 AM
Being a fan of fiction, steampunk and cyberpunk, I fell madly in love with the book by mieville china - perdido street station. In addition to the beauty of writing a naturalistic description of locations there is an unrealistically cool plot.
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
August 05, 2018, 01:35:25 AM
My favorite book is Harry Potter, i also like watching film Harry Potter.
Pages:
Jump to: