Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your general sentiment on soft-caps for ICO's? - page 4. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
In my opinion, Soft Cap is very important because it shows that this project is indeed real. Developers certainly try to raise funds and if they are able to achieve this, of course, this project can succeed. But you also have to check coin sales through wallet transactions.
Activity: 319
Merit: 1
Softcap is the most important thing for investors to reach it after investing it in different ico to make sure that the project have the minimum money to use for it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Bounty Detective
A situation in which doing the soft cap and hard cap I don't like because I don't see the point in raising funds any more than necessary. I think that when project reach the soft cap it will be able to develop productively.
today there are very few projectors that reach the soft cap and therefore do not have a good chance of development. Nevertheless, I think that if projects are really interesting, they should look for opportunities for their development. When they show real results, investors will pay attention to this.
Unfortunately, in some projects there are no people who could reasonably and rationally manage the expenditure of the collected funds. Over the past month I have read about several projects that have squandered all the money due to unqualified management.
Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen
I think that $1 million will be enough for any project for a great start and launch of the project. I am sincerely surprised at the amount of money that projects was collected on ICO in 2017.
Yes, I think so! But they need 10-15 million USD to start their project but what happens after the sale? Most of the ICO project lists their token on some exchanges and they make an announcement every week with almost the same words or they go to some events and that's it. How many products you have seen after the sale? Very rare but still they need 10-15 million USD as a soft cap! I really don't like this.
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
Weakness and missing confidence? I think you missed that quite a bit. Companies are not made out of air and I doubt that high-sklilled people involved in this industry would work full-time for free. People would like to trade their purchased tokens on noble exchanges as well: can you imagine how much does it cost? They have to make some reserves as they will not be in a profit for a particular period of time (even months or years!), and therefore, they have to consider this factor. Emerging markets are risky. But those who are willing to take the risk and will be successful on the long term have a great shot of being one of the leaders in a new technological era Smiley.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Softcap is very important for ICO. ICO developers need funds for the initial steps of project development. At least, they need funds for advisors, exchanger listings, and looking for partners in the future. In conclusion, softcap is the minimum target of each ICO for the course of the project.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
I think it is necessary to have a SOFT CAP especially in the past 12 months when the Bear market has been simply brutal to 99% of the ICO's that launched. Many that had planned projects through 2017 would have expected to hit far higher targets, so having an MVP equivalent for cash raise makes good business sense.
Activity: 378
Personally, if I am looking for a project, of course, there are Soft Cap sellers. Each of their projects will be tested for initial fundraising. And if they are able to achieve Soft Cap sales, of course, they are indeed a good project. And after the Soft Cap is reached, they will raise more funds to reach Hard cap.
Activity: 574
Merit: 13
I think softcap is the second target of sales if hardcap is not achieved. If the target is only achieved, the softcap is certainly not a problem. at least they were successful with 1 level. If you see now of course a project is very difficult to achieve their respective targets. At least the softcap is achieved, the project can run even though the process is slower.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
The soft cup shows the minimum amount needed by the project in order to develop. Therefore, if the project has already assembled a soft cup, then this is one of the criteria of its success.
Activity: 499
Every ICO set a limit for softcap for funding of the project, therefore, its a nice step to see the progress of the project.
If the project couldn't make a soft cap, the project should be close down.
Activity: 644
I think it was the standard in ICO's to have softcap and hardcap. If the softcap is reached means the project will have an initial funds to develop the project and also means investors are willing to invest. If the hardcap is reached means the developers will have the funds to deliver the roadmap of the project. Otherwise if the softcap is not reach then the project will not move forward and investors money will be refunded.
Activity: 322
I think softcap and hardcap is neccessary for all crypto projects. This is a range at which one will know that this project has sell and have been able to get certain amount of amount of fund from there investors. But it always saddened that most projects always project high amount of softcap. And also I think, most project that doesn't reach there softcap as stipulated should return investors money as the project capitalization isn't visible again, but the other way round is the always the case.
Activity: 532
Merit: 6
Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?

I think It is a general knowledge for projects to reach softcap or hardcap to be called a success
 Because instinctively, when a project gets softcap there are funds to run the project

When it clocks hardcap, it means the project has more than enough support
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
A situation in which doing the soft cap and hard cap I don't like because I don't see the point in raising funds any more than necessary. I think that when project reach the soft cap it will be able to develop productively.
today there are very few projectors that reach the soft cap and therefore do not have a good chance of development. Nevertheless, I think that if projects are really interesting, they should look for opportunities for their development. When they show real results, investors will pay attention to this.
Activity: 588
Bounty Detective
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
In my opinion, Soft Cap is very important for every ICO project. We can find out how far this project works for fundraising. Many projects failed because they did not reach the Soft Cap target. If the Soft Cap is achieved, of course, they will pursue the sale of tokens to a hard cap.
It is very important to be able to find out whether it will continue whether it will fail because the softcap is not reached. but now ico alone is not transparent with their funding. so it makes a lot of investors or people talk about it
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
i think it is important for ico's to set their softcap because it shows the desired estimated minimum amount which would be needed to finance a particular project, if you don't have a softcap, you automatically have not state your goals and the minimum amount required to kickoff,

it's like owning a personal business and making a rough calculation of minimum amount you need to get you started.
Activity: 403
Reaching their soft cup will ensured the flow of the project and the success rate of it will sky rocket, and reaching the hard cup will add the funds then fasten the work of the project. Because of the flowing funds
Activity: 434
Soft cap - the lower limit of fundraising, if the ICO does not reach it, it is canceled. In other words, softcap implies maximum savings, but at the same time ensures the launch of the project. Suppose that a project wants to launch a blockchain platform, it needs elements, without which the platform can work, for example, writing code, developing design, and so on. For this you need soft cap.
Pages:
Jump to: