Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your general sentiment on soft-caps for ICO's? - page 7. (Read 784 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?

Yes soft caps are always important
It ensures that the project gets maximum minimum funds to finance the project

And it also ensures that bounty hunters get paid too
So softcap is very good
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Thank you for the input, but I would like to find out how do you view projects which do not have a soft-cap at all.

In my opinion, projects which do not set their target soft cap have the chance of screwing people. Why did I say that? Because if they have no soft cap, they will just collect the money and they can't set the rule of returning the funds if soft cap is not reached. Because there's no soft cap in the first place. But okay, given a project is legit and no soft cap implemented. For me, it means their project is pushing thru no matter how much funds they have. But this is true for only few projects. The solid and authentic ones. And more than likely, they are using their own money to initialize the developments.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?

Of course it's necessary for many projects, and it's not a sign of weakness, but sign that they are planning. If soft cap is not reached, legit ico give the money back.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Thank you for the input, but I would like to find out how do you view projects which do not have a soft-cap at all.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
I do not get how soft caps can be a sign of weakness or lack of confidence. If you are going to build something from the ground, you will at least need minimum funds to accomplish the basic things.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
I think that $1 million will be enough for any project for a great start and launch of the project. I am sincerely surprised at the amount of money that projects was collected on ICO in 2017.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
Many ICOs have unnecessarily too high soft-cap. And for what? They should be thankful for smaller caps and developing the product gradually.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
For completing first steps of development team need cash which mainly they get via public sale. If there is no other alternative like private funding then it is necessary to reach soft cap. Projects don't work with hope and they need serious amounts for competing with others but i have seen projects that didn't cancel the public sale after 3 unsuccessful attempt in public sale. They mainly extend, but extending time doesn't help in bear  market.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: