Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 4. (Read 706 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 102
May 09, 2018, 09:47:37 PM
I doing both trading, day and swing trading by use each 50% of my money. In this current situation of market by doing short trading is more profitable because the market just on consolidate, but when the marketcap increase, the price can be bull run, in this case long term trading will be more profitable. Use stopp loss in every trade because any times the market can be turn in to bearish.
copper member
Activity: 1026
Merit: 177
[btc]
May 09, 2018, 08:21:13 PM
Statistics tell us that many people use the same scheme, which means that one person can thus manipulate the mass of traders.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
May 09, 2018, 07:22:05 PM
The most common thing to say and the traders do is:

1. To hold is if you did not check is from time to time for that market value decrease and you do not have income return to the investment.

2. If the market is up and down just playing you can use

buy Low- when the market is red

Sell it high- when the market is green.

Just like retailers who sell stuffs with an fair added amount.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
May 09, 2018, 07:18:31 PM
Hey guys, I keep thinking what are the most poppular/most efficient trading strategies. Also do you trade on a few specific coins that you just trade on through out the year or not?

I want to ask you to share yours, but of course you don't have to be specific, just say if its e.g. arbitrage, bot/margin trading, buy the dip / hodl, pnd or whatever else. If its somthing other than in the poll just talk about it here or in general feel free to discuss trading strategies.

I personally like to hodl, not sure that can be counted as trading strategy, but wanted to go first.
I often invest in some high potential coins and for which I am doing much research and I read each and every news regarding that coin and when I feel that now the coin is safe to invest in and the coin developers are doing some major development which will make the price more high then I invest in it.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
May 09, 2018, 07:10:14 PM
The best way to me it's hodl tokens which I like. The best profit was given to me by projects that developed and the price of their token grew up

To much holding will cause a huge depression for you if you didn't trade your alts on its potential pump or ATH since back on december 2017 the alts rise up more as unexpected and those people like me who doesn't sell some alts baghold the dump ones which I regret. So If I where you better that you should be more cautious upon holding so that the possible profit you may get will not go on bad wind.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
May 09, 2018, 06:58:17 PM
almost all choose to buy low and sell high, yes I can understand all want the best for their benefit, there are times when the situation is not in line with the plan we have decided, when you think the price is low and buy it, but not realize still continues down and the result can be guessed you have to hold it until the price back increased or sell it back because the decline is going deep enough and trying to buy at the lowest price,
Activity: 476
Merit: 92
May 09, 2018, 06:23:01 PM
I use my own long prepared professional technique called Bi-Polar Sentiment Analysis combine with Behavior Oscillator and Fartonacci Lucky Points. I always do opposite from what I think. So if I think that coin will go higher I will sell. Why? Because I use my Bi-Polar technique and believe me OP you will shortly develop your own. Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
May 09, 2018, 06:15:54 PM
The best way to me it's hodl tokens which I like. The best profit was given to me by projects that developed and the price of their token grew up
Activity: 734
Merit: 250
May 09, 2018, 05:53:09 PM
My strategy is to buy at low and sell at high and for that I often wait for a longer time for an investment as sometimes a coin drop and I miss to sell it at high then it take a longer time to reach it back to its higher level. I often do day trade when the price of a coin start to increase I immediately buy the coin and at any time when I feel that now I am in benefit then I sell them at that time.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
May 09, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
Hodling is a trading strategy and not everyone can do that easily. It comes with a lot of patience even if you are being threatened by a dip or pushed to sell when there is a bull.

I think aome traders could say it is a combination of margin trading and Hodl. That is for manual traders only and those who also do not do orders but are willing to monitor everytime.

A hard task but with greater profits. It will just be about how good your instincts are.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
May 09, 2018, 05:14:57 PM
If i could spend more time watching the numbers so i could buy low and sell high then i would. However, for those of us who have to go to work, we are simply hodlers who have to pick coins and tokens that offer a good long term investment. LISK is one such example
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 09, 2018, 05:09:15 PM
Just discuss, share and learn from one another, no need to try to figure other people out and tell others what they should or shouldnt do. I never came here to ask on what I should do or if your strategy will work for me or anyone else. I dont see it in the title. Feel free to share your take on trading or not.
May 09, 2018, 05:04:26 PM
I prefer the common trading strategy of buying low and selling high. It is not that possible every time. We need to study the market and should make the trading strategies accordingly. In specific even when the market keeps on fluctuating which can be used for marginal trading.

Of course, it's a common sense and you ultimately have to do that in order have profit, but strategies differ on how you do it. As in if you do tons of small trades with small profit or do trades within one day or over the course of few days or over a really long period of time, switch between echanges, rely on some tools, use levrage or just rely on yourself etc.
If you know all this as a strategy why then do you still want other people's trading strategy which make not work for you in the first place or is it that your strategy is not working for you? And is your own strategy if i may ask?

Geez, what is everybody's problem with simply asking what strategy others prefer? Its a forum as in place where people discuss stuff, so thats what I want - discuss. I dont understand why all this scrutiny. Do you never talk with people about topics that interests you? What I do is workinb for me relatively ok, but there is always roo  for improval, maybe I live in a bubble, so I want to see what is other peoples opinion.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
May 09, 2018, 04:49:39 PM
Hey guys, I keep thinking what are the most poppular/most efficient trading strategies. Also do you trade on a few specific coins that you just trade on through out the year or not?

I want to ask you to share yours, but of course you don't have to be specific, just say if its e.g. arbitrage, bot/margin trading, buy the dip / hodl, pnd or whatever else. If its somthing other than in the poll just talk about it here or in general feel free to discuss trading strategies.

I personally like to hodl, not sure that can be counted as trading strategy, but wanted to go first.
If its not a day trade, I check if the coin or token is green or red. I don't buy green because there's a small chance that it will continue to climb. I buy those that are in red with the lowest volume. Things to consider is price history, when was the last time the coin reached its peak and lowest. Go back to as far as 1 week of the price history.

So you buy when the price has been going down for a long time (how long?) and just wait when the trend turns? when do you sell - after how many percent gain?
Well you have made a lot of logical questions that most of people wants to know about, to me it is good to hold for long time and go for long time trading instead of day trading to increase my profit and reduce the risk in trading, it is good to sell when you find market turning green and high the price in market, if you will hold for more than one year I think you will gain almost 70% of your profit, so be ready to trade but try to start with long term trading,
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
May 09, 2018, 01:31:47 PM
In this,I will use to choose the third and Fifth one.
At first I had use to buy bitcoin at low value and then just hold my bitcoin.H olding is the one option to save the loss.Many time this had help me lot.If the price of bitcoin start to raise again,I will just hold my bitcoin and went to the dinner with my family.On the next morning,bitcoin will reach the maximum price.
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
May 09, 2018, 01:14:11 PM
I do not think you need advice, because you are already standing on your feet.
everyone has their own reasons for deciding which trading strategy they choose, because their trading strategy is based on the knowledge they have to make a profit. I do not need a trading strategy, it's just that I target how much money each day.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
May 09, 2018, 01:03:29 PM
I prefer the common trading strategy of buying low and selling high. It is not that possible every time. We need to study the market and should make the trading strategies accordingly. In specific even when the market keeps on fluctuating which can be used for marginal trading.

Of course, it's a common sense and you ultimately have to do that in order have profit, but strategies differ on how you do it. As in if you do tons of small trades with small profit or do trades within one day or over the course of few days or over a really long period of time, switch between echanges, rely on some tools, use levrage or just rely on yourself etc.
If you know all this as a strategy why then do you still want other people's trading strategy which make not work for you in the first place or is it that your strategy is not working for you? And is your own strategy if i may ask?
May 09, 2018, 01:01:13 PM
I only use trading methods and strategies to buy only when cheap or when green and sell it when the price has started to turn green and experience price increases so it can provide benefits for you.

And are you talking small frequent trades or big profit after a longer while?
May 09, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

As for me, I'm doing scalping or day trading,  I did hodl until april, but then, I missed to profit last january because Im hodling too much, lol, I'm a believer of a coin, so now, I sold some, and just buy them again at  the dip, it is nice to trade now because the market is going up again

It's exactly my story. I decided to go and risk a little more. I mean hodling is nice, but one must not become to rigid.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 09, 2018, 12:57:06 PM
I only use trading methods and strategies to buy only when cheap or when green and sell it when the price has started to turn green and experience price increases so it can provide benefits for you.
Pages:
Jump to: